HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Richards: No negotiating yet w/Stars.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:52 AM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
Why would Richards want to go to Toronto? If he leaves Dallas he's going to want to go to a team that at least has a **** at the cup. Why waste the rest of his career fighting for a playoff spot? Doesn't make any sense.
... Man, they're doing some weird stuff to the Cup nowadays

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
do you watch the Leafs at all? cause I DO watch the Rangers and Staal is not a better player then Schenn he's just on a better team.
when you watch the Rangers are you smoking hash?

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:57 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

vCash: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
... Man, they're doing some weird stuff to the Cup nowadays
Hahah. No idea why S H O T was censored. Maybe I put and I by accident. Whoops

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:59 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

vCash: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post
when you watch the Rangers are you smoking hash?
I don't think it's hash, sounds like meth.

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
wheres the evidence sting m'boy, have you seen Kadri play one game at the AHL level, two maybe, how many Knights games did you see with Kadri on the roster, Tavares undoubtedly would love to be playing with him again.

Now to the gist of the argument, you are passing of your opinion as fact while negating anyone elses who differs from yours. You are entitled to your opinion, it just isnt any better than anyone elses.

I think I'll trust pro scouting and pro coaching. Things like blueline turn-overs can be corrected as well as when and where to take shots, it's worked like a charm for Grabovski this year, I don't see why it would be any different for Nazem Kadri an elite player and considered almost a sure thing from the time he was 10 yrs old.

Just for the ha-ha's what level did you top out at when you played, myself I played in the OHL, Jr B in the late 60's and early 70's and some SR A in the mid to late 70's

I played on the AAA york symcoe express team which had Dan Catenacci and Ryan Murphy on it, I still hold a close friendship with these two when they come back and visit

And I agree with you about Kadri being able to fix his mistakes, and Grabovski have me a bit of extra confidence in the Toronto coaching staff. Kadri will be a great player, just going to take him a bit longer to develop.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 10:47 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Why shouldn't I say that if this is what I think? Should everyone only agree with you and hold your opinion?
of course not don't be silly

Quote:
I think he's professing to have common sense. I don't see any reason why Richards would want to spend the rest of his career, or most of it, on a team that hasn't provided any reason to believe that it'll be a contending team at any time in the near future. There a number of teams in the Eastern Conference that are just as young and far more talented, while making much better use of their salary cap space.
I did not say once that he "WOULD" sign in Toronto, however you guys keep spouting off that he "WOULD NOT" and neither of you really know. So how am I not using common sense and how are you two using it

Quote:
Clearly you're as ridiculously biased towards Schenn as you are toward Kadri, and likely every other Leaf.
Biased? my boy I'm soon to be 57 and I no longer romanticize any team or players

Quote:
Yeah, actually I have. Watched a ton of Knights games. Couldn't stand his game from day one. For every time something he does ends up in the net, he wastes so many offensive zone opportunities. He takes so many stupid, pointless shots. He makes the wrong pass frequently. I can go on and on.
well see you have a personal thing against him

when an offensive player is putting up that many points as Kadri has/did believe me he's not wasting his opportunities

Quote:
If it's so easy, how come plenty of players never make these corrections? Or will you tell me that every highly touted prospect makes it/lives up to the hype. Why is it so upsetting for you that I happen to feel, for a number of reasons that have proven correct in similar situations in the past, that Kadri is going to be one of them?
did I say easy? I said can be corrected, there is a big difference

Quote:
Certainly not one as high as you, though it's not like I ever had the physical, financial or geographical opportunities to do so. Yet I still spent most of my "career" helping my coaches attempt to explain to my more physically gifted teammates how to actually play the game. I'm quite confident when it comes to analysis of this sport.
Well I'm glad you stayed with hockey it's a fantastic sport. do you still coach? I don't have the time for it anymore although I still hold a level 2, I do a little scouting though for a local JrB team,

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:34 AM
kadri15

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
of course not don't be silly

I did not say once that he "WOULD" sign in Toronto, however you guys keep spouting off that he "WOULD NOT" and neither of you really know. So how am I not using common sense and how are you two using it

Biased? my boy I'm soon to be 57 and I no longer romanticize any team or players

well see you have a personal thing against him

when an offensive player is putting up that many points as Kadri has/did believe me he's not wasting his opportunities

did I say easy? I said can be corrected, there is a big difference

Well I'm glad you stayed with hockey it's a fantastic sport. do you still coach? I don't have the time for it anymore although I still hold a level 2, I do a little scouting though for a local JrB team,

What he said

kadri15 is offline   Reply With Quote