HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robbie Schremp

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2004, 07:47 PM
  #1
sundaystar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Robbie Schremp

Is there any chance this guy is doing to drop in the draft? And if so do you think Montreal should draft him if he falls to 18? I know last year Patrick O'Sullivan dropped because of personal reasons.

sundaystar is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 07:50 PM
  #2
Brisson11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: On the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,264
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
I personally think someone will snatch him up before we can say "Holly macaroni!"

Brisson11 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 07:57 PM
  #3
CoupeStanley
Registered User
 
CoupeStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nicolet
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
If he drops to 18th sure we pick him !

I don't beleive much of the headcase problems.

CoupeStanley is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 07:59 PM
  #4
sundaystar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
would he be worth trading down for?

sundaystar is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:02 PM
  #5
CoupeStanley
Registered User
 
CoupeStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nicolet
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaystar
would he be worth trading down for?

You mean trading up ? He may be worth it, depending on who we have to give up. But if we are to trade up, I would like Picard better

CoupeStanley is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:02 PM
  #6
Brisson11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: On the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,264
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaystar
would he be worth trading down for?
I say no because teams are asking alot for their 1st round draft picks. I wouldn't give too much to get him, even though he can turn out to be a good player(like many others we can get at 18 of course )

Brisson11 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:09 PM
  #7
gohabsgo2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sign Patrick Poulin
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
He's not a headcase, I can tell you that, but he's very cocky and has a bit of an attitude. But a headcase? No. He's got skills... lots of them. However, there are some nights when he's next to invisible. When it all boils down, to be honest I'd rather have his teammate Dave Bolland, who more Higgins/Pleks-esque compared to Schremp who's more of a Ribs type player in my opinion.

gohabsgo2010 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:16 PM
  #8
AJ1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Even if Schremp only fulfills 80% of his potential and Bolland becomes everything he can realistically hope to be, Schremp will still be better.

AJ1982 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:34 PM
  #9
sundaystar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
He's not a headcase, I can tell you that, but he's very cocky and has a bit of an attitude. But a headcase? No. He's got skills... lots of them. However, there are some nights when he's next to invisible. When it all boils down, to be honest I'd rather have his teammate Dave Bolland, who more Higgins/Pleks-esque compared to Schremp who's more of a Ribs type player in my opinion.
He has good size at 6ft 200lbs. If he is a ribs type player with that size, then he is going to be a real good player.

sundaystar is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 09:06 PM
  #10
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,543
vCash: 50
Remind me of a bit bigger Mike Ribeiro .

Team_Spirit is online now  
Old
06-23-2004, 10:41 PM
  #11
sundaystar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Remind me of a bit bigger Mike Ribeiro .
what does Ribeiro weigh cuz hockeys future has Schemp weighing 200lbs and he is only 18. How is Schemp's skating? Anyone seen him play?

sundaystar is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 10:54 PM
  #12
gohabsgo2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: sign Patrick Poulin
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
sunday,

I've seen him probably 10 times live.. and to be honest it's hard to get an idea when he's invisible in maybe six of those ten games. Regardless, he's got an incredible skillset and I've seen him score some unbelievable goals. He should be gone in the top ten.

gohabsgo2010 is offline  
Old
06-24-2004, 12:36 AM
  #13
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,819
vCash: 500
I would love for the Habs to grab him at 18, but I really doubt that he will get that far.

Tuggy is offline  
Old
06-24-2004, 12:44 AM
  #14
Darcy Wakaluk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaystar
what does Ribeiro weigh cuz hockeys future has Schemp weighing 200lbs and he is only 18. How is Schemp's skating? Anyone seen him play?
I've heard there's a fair bit of flab on Schremp. That might help push him up to 200.

Darcy Wakaluk is offline  
Old
06-24-2004, 12:46 AM
  #15
Form and Substance
Registered User
 
Form and Substance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
No, I'd rather keep that pick for Korpiskori or maybe Chipchura if he falls enough. I also like Bolland a lot.

Form and Substance is offline  
Old
06-24-2004, 12:54 AM
  #16
Holly Gunning
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: out and about
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaystar
what does Ribeiro weigh cuz hockeys future has Schemp weighing 200lbs and he is only 18.
As it turns out, we had accidently pasted some of Wolski's info in Schremp's profile. Honest mistake, sorry.

Holly Gunning is offline  
Old
06-24-2004, 08:40 AM
  #17
prevail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
He's not a headcase, I can tell you that, but he's very cocky and has a bit of an attitude. But a headcase? No. He's got skills... lots of them. However, there are some nights when he's next to invisible. When it all boils down, to be honest I'd rather have his teammate Dave Bolland, who more Higgins/Pleks-esque compared to Schremp who's more of a Ribs type player in my opinion.
Exactly about Schremp, he is a good player, just cocky

prevail is offline  
Old
06-24-2004, 10:58 AM
  #18
Brisson11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: On the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,264
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail77
Exactly about Schremp, he is a good player, just cocky
I just watched TSN last night with Bob Mackenzie and he stated that scouts have talked with Shremp to see what he is like, and they found out he is a really super nice guy. His teammates, Don Cherry and others all agree. Apparently the staff working on the team Shremp was playing with had bad feelings towards Shremps older brother and that seems to be the reason why Shremps image was questioned. I think he will go deffinitly near top 10!

P.S. Many players are cocky, maybe it's just his personality and he does have a reason to be cocky .

Brisson11 is offline  
Old
06-24-2004, 11:16 AM
  #19
prevail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
I just watched TSN last night with Bob Mackenzie and he stated that scouts have talked with Shremp to see what he is like, and they found out he is a really super nice guy. His teammates, Don Cherry and others all agree. Apparently the staff working on the team Shremp was playing with had bad feelings towards Shremps older brother and that seems to be the reason why Shremps image was questioned. I think he will go deffinitly near top 10!

P.S. Many players are cocky, maybe it's just his personality and he does have a reason to be cocky .
He mainly wants to win and will do it at any cost

prevail is offline  
Old
06-24-2004, 11:22 AM
  #20
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail77
He mainly wants to win and will do it at any cost
agreee I don't see him drop to 18th but I remember Bob Gainey in the conference of the trade deadline said that we are looking for a big center if he can't have one in a trade or in the free agents that's mean he will draft one in the draft .Robbie Shremp is not so small 6'2 200 lbs and he is very skilled just cocky but that's not a big problem IMO I will be happy if we draft Shremp.

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
06-24-2004, 05:43 PM
  #21
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
agreee I don't see him drop to 18th but I remember Bob Gainey in the conference of the trade deadline said that we are looking for a big center if he can't have one in a trade or in the free agents that's mean he will draft one in the draft .Robbie Shremp is not so small 6'2 200 lbs and he is very skilled just cocky but that's not a big problem IMO I will be happy if we draft Shremp.
Shremp is definetly not 6'2" 200 pounds, your way off.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
06-24-2004, 08:16 PM
  #22
Norm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Near Ottawa
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Schremp

I saw him live maybe 10-15 times. He's an average skater but his stickhandling is really amazing. He reminds me a lot Pierre Turgeon.

Norm is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.