Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thrashers lose 4254-3 to Toronto Maple Leafs

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2011, 10:31 PM
dj4aces

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Hey, bright side: Our worst loss is still better than Washington's worst loss.

Old
01-07-2011, 10:33 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsswimmer View Post
From what I hear Eager punched someone?
Ben Eager Scorecard:

Try unsuccessfully to get Dion Phaneuf to drop the gloves: Check

Get double minor for roughing and crosschecking Dion Phaneuf: Check(both of those penalties well deserved IMO)

Punch Colby Armstrong in Eye with gloved hand, unprovoked: Check

Get 5 minute major/game misconduct for said cheapshot: Check

Responsible for 5 PP goals scored against Thrashers in those three penalties: Check

Eager had a career night.

Old
01-07-2011, 10:40 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

ya, hopefully the last of his career!

Old
01-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Zsswimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Ben Eager Scorecard:

Try unsuccessfully to get Dion Phaneuf to drop the gloves: Check

Get double minor for roughing and crosschecking Dion Phaneuf: Check(both of those penalties well deserved IMO)

Punch Colby Armstrong in Eye with gloved hand, unprovoked: Check

Get 5 minute major/game misconduct for said cheapshot: Check

Responsible for 5 PP goals scored against Thrashers in those three penalties: Check

Eager had a career night.
I can't wait till he's off this team

Old
01-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPhoenixify View Post
Rant warning:

That was my first game I was able to watch in 2 years. I am now 16. This game just proved even more that the Thrashers hate me and never want me to watch their games again. Throughout the year, whenever I turn on a stream or game for the Thrashers, literally 30 or so seconds after I start watching we get scored on. Every time. Not only that, but we continue to play badly until I stop watching. From then on we do good.

This curse didn't bother to stop when I get to watch the Thrashers for the first time in 2 years. I was ecstatic to come finally, but everyone **** the bed, just for me. 6 goals in the 2nd in 8 minutes was a kicker; even more of one was when Toronto scored in the 3rd. I left after that, and I find out as I'm getting into the car and leaving that the Thrashers scored two goals.

FML
please never watch us again, thanks.

on a related note, i could swear that we always lose if my ps3 is on during the game

i wonder how many games bergfors gets scratched for.

Old
01-07-2011, 11:44 PM
AintLifeGrand

Ben eager brought the lulz that's for sure

I think we Lost bc I loaned out ny red jersey to my tall friend and wore my blues instead

I left at the beginning at the third and got waffle.house

Old
01-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Aaronxxx

typical knee jerk reactions. eager let his emotions get the best of him tonight, don't get on your high horses and crucify the guy. armstrong nearly seriously injured peverly with the uncalled knee-on-knee at the tail end of the first, i don't feel sorry for him and i'm not going to hate on eager (let's not forget that buff took the initial penalty, too)
mason came in cold for the majority of a major penalty in a game that was already lost. mason has been getting too much heat lately after starting the season hot. give it a rest.

crowd was awful tonight. leaving during the second, yelling thrashers suck. blowouts happen to every team every season, we had it coming. i have no respect for anyone who leaves before the end of a game. shame on any of you message board warriors who don't go to games.

Old
01-08-2011, 02:07 AM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
typical knee jerk reactions. eager let his emotions get the best of him tonight, don't get on your high horses and crucify the guy. armstrong nearly seriously injured peverly with the uncalled knee-on-knee at the tail end of the first, i don't feel sorry for him and i'm not going to hate on eager (let's not forget that buff took the initial penalty, too)
mason came in cold for the majority of a major penalty in a game that was already lost. mason has been getting too much heat lately after starting the season hot. give it a rest.

crowd was awful tonight. leaving during the second, yelling thrashers suck. blowouts happen to every team every season, we had it coming. i have no respect for anyone who leaves before the end of a game. shame on any of you message board warriors who don't go to games.
This.

Sportsnet Ontario before the game spent 20 of the 30 minutes talking about how good we are, and basically how we could go deep in the playoffs. After the game? They even said Army's knee was bad, and that if it wasn't for Eager having a brain poop, this was a much different game. Eager hasn't played a lot lately, He tried to hard, and basically ****ed the team in the process.

Guys, its one loss to a team that has actually played well the past 3 games (thanks to the goaltending and a hot skid). We had a couple key injuries, and it has caused us to be a gong show lately, especially with next to zero home time to practice without more then 2 days off in what? 2 months?

I was expecting this kind of game to happen, and to be honest, i expected it against the Canes. Thank god it was to the leafs. One spanking will get the team's head on straight, and thing's will go back to how they were.

Old
01-08-2011, 03:00 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Kinda glad I missed this one. I HATE the Leafs and I have a feeling I would have been facepalming and saying this a lot:

Anything good out of this game? Can we just write this off as a fluke?

Old
01-08-2011, 04:12 AM
GetPucksDeep

What I learned from this loss.

A hockey team should never have two goons. If you have two goons, each goon tries to out goon the other to show the coach that he is the gooniest.

Keep Boults, get rid of Eager.

Old
01-08-2011, 06:53 AM
KevFist
is best pony

I remember thinking "Why?" when I saw Boults fight Orr right after Toby's goal. There was no good reason for him to go at that point. Boult's chances of beating Orr are pretty slim, but he hung in there pretty well.

Eager however....Just dumb....

Old
01-08-2011, 07:05 AM
3rdManIn
Put'n on the foil!

I was hoping for a line brawl torward the end of that calamity.

I'll quote Darren Eliot from the THRASH/SLUGS game a few seasons back when they beat us 11-1(?),"sometimes if you're not gonna win,you leave a trail out of town"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PheJg0BSxW8

Old
01-08-2011, 07:25 AM
KevFist
is best pony

'Course the good thing is since Eager got a match penalty and we're not the Bruins, he should be suspended for at least the next game. Time to put Slater on IR and bring up Stapleton/Machacek?

Old
01-08-2011, 08:11 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

Old
01-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Georgia Dawg

I am going to head to the Thrasher practice today at 11am. Will be interested to see the mood of the team. Games like last night happen at times. Just forget it and go on.

Eager sucks.

Old
01-08-2011, 09:06 AM
GetPucksDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
'Course the good thing is since Eager got a match penalty and we're not the Bruins, he should be suspended for at least the next game. Time to put Slater on IR and bring up Stapleton/Machacek?
Slater went on the IR before last night's game.

Old
01-08-2011, 10:16 AM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Dawg View Post
I am going to head to the Thrasher practice today at 11am. Will be interested to see the mood of the team. Games like last night happen at times. Just forget it and go on.

Eager sucks.
Per @ajcthrashers on Twitter:

Quote:
Kane, Slater, Antropov and Modin not taking part in #Thrashers Saturday practice.
Last night's game was rough, but even the best teams get spanked like that from time to time. I'm guessing the Thrashers underestimated the Leafs because they expected a tired team since they played the night before and had to fly here. Even when you're playing a team that's on the back end of back to back games, you cannot look past them. If you do, they take advantage of you and beat you like a government mule.

Old
01-08-2011, 10:19 AM
SilverRiver89

vCash: 1365
Eager suspended for 4 games

Old
01-08-2011, 10:24 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRiver89 View Post
Hilarious

Lucic sucker punches one of our guys with a bare fist, while tied up, and doesn't even get the game suspension you are supposed to get for a match penalty. And Eager gets 4 games for that?

What a load of garbage.

Old
01-08-2011, 10:25 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRiver89 View Post
Good.

Old
01-08-2011, 10:29 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
shame on any of you message board warriors who don't go to games.
No shame here.
There are reasons I've illustrated before why I cannot attend games very frequently.
Broad brush strokes aren't pretty when you're trying to paint a nice picture.

Old
01-08-2011, 10:47 AM
3rdManIn
Put'n on the foil!

Quote:
Hilarious

Lucic sucker punches one of our guys with a bare fist, while tied up, and doesn't even get the game suspension you are supposed to get for a match penalty. And Eager gets 4 games for that?

What a load of garbage.

Old
01-08-2011, 10:56 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Hilarious

What a load of garbage.
Spin the wheel, Colie!

But, really, I'm happy. At this point, I think we're a better team without him.

Old
01-08-2011, 12:52 PM
AndMat*

Quote:
Hilarious

What a load of garbage.
How many times have we seen fighters punch other fighters when they are tied up and dont wanna drop the gloves?

Eager blind sided punched army with his gloves still on twice. and eager is an also repeat offender he got what he deseved hell probley do it again.
guys like eager dont learn and the nhl should keep adding more games.

Last edited by AndMat*: 01-08-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old
01-08-2011, 01:20 PM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
Eager blind sided punched army with his gloves still on twice.
The video doesn't agree with you. Army was looking right at him. Knowing Army, he ran his mouth at Eager after the play stopped regarding his missed attempt to lay a hit on him.

Look, man. I can't speak for btn, but I'm happy with the suspension length. I just wish Lucic and Shelley were shown the same treatment. If you're going to fine Lucic 3500 bucks, why break precedence? That's the meat and potatoes of the issue, here.

Closed Thread