HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Zuccarello Appreciation Thread (Videos inside)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2011, 10:52 PM
  #126
McNashty
õ HATERS GON' HATE!
 
McNashty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,570
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Zucca is my boy, I've said it all year.

McNashty is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
  #127
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,937
vCash: 500
I figured out something tonight while watching him. His long name makes his jersey look like it doesn't fit him, thus making him look even more like a little kid on the ice. And to think he still only uses half his name.

clmetsfan is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 10:59 PM
  #128
asparkoflife
Registered User
 
asparkoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
He's really surprised me. His on ice vision is something to behold. The dude see's the ice extremely well and him and Stepan have something going that could be really awesome.

GO ZUCCARELLO!!!

asparkoflife is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
  #129
BlueshirtBlitz
Foolish Samurai
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 21,171
vCash: 500
MZA is showing he's the real deal. He doesn't let himself get out-physicaled (new word?) during a game. Evident tonight when he started shoving right back when whoever it was tried starting **** with him behind the net. His give and go with Stepan was beautiful- two great passers just shredding it up.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 01:01 AM
  #130
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,810
vCash: 500
Now how long until we can order a # 36 NYR jersey online ?.....lol

I'd buy it in a heart beat...

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 03:11 AM
  #131
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...
 
Mint Berry Crunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 1,971
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
MZA is showing he's the real deal. He doesn't let himself get out-physicaled (new word?) during a game. Evident tonight when he started shoving right back when whoever it was tried starting **** with him behind the net. His give and go with Stepan was beautiful- two great passers just shredding it up.
I love how you won't find him backing down from anyone, he's played like that his entire time up so far. Very, very good signing and I think it's safe to say he'll be a staple on our offense for years to come if he keeps this up.

Mint Berry Crunch is online now  
Old
01-20-2011, 03:36 AM
  #132
Kahuna Nanu
old bold and glass
 
Kahuna Nanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 64,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Now how long until we can order a # 36 NYR jersey online ?.....lol

I'd buy it in a heart beat...
You can if you want. It costs a bit extra, but you can customize jerseys on NHL.com.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_img

__________________
Kahuna Nanu is online now  
Old
01-20-2011, 03:42 AM
  #133
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusted View Post
He's really surprised me. His on ice vision is something to behold. The dude see's the ice extremely well and him and Stepan have something going that could be really awesome.

GO ZUCCARELLO!!!
Agree. They look real good together, both with good vision of the play. And he clearly showes that he's not afraid of physical contact, love that he doesn't back away from Boyse when he pushes him after the whistle, he just push him right back.
Third goal, keep em comin Zucca!!!


Last edited by Sticky Fingers: 01-20-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Sticky Fingers is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 04:13 AM
  #134
KingStian
Registered User
 
KingStian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
The way he's been playing, there is no way heís going down to Hartford again. Regardless of the mind-boggling injury problems this season, MZA is proving himself worthy of a place in the lineup. Without being an expert in any way, I feel heís adjusted to the NHL level fairly quick after the call up. 8 (3+5) points in 13 games has to be considered good from a rookie call up.

It was also amazingly satisfying to see him stick up for himself last night . Not that Iím surprised, since he havenít been afraid of physicality on the ice, but still satisfying.

One thing that worries me though is if some ******* goon decides to go after him. MZA is tough, but I donít know about him fighting. I donít know if there is a fair fight for MZA in the NHL?

KingStian is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 04:16 AM
  #135
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,162
vCash: 500
Offcourse MZA is the real deal. Even tho i am TimrŚfan he was one of my favourite players in SEL when he was in Modo

Everlasting is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 04:32 AM
  #136
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingStian View Post
The way he's been playing, there is no way heís going down to Hartford again. Regardless of the mind-boggling injury problems this season, MZA is proving himself worthy of a place in the lineup. Without being an expert in any way, I feel heís adjusted to the NHL level fairly quick after the call up. 8 (3+5) points in 13 games has to be considered good from a rookie call up.

It was also amazingly satisfying to see him stick up for himself last night . Not that Iím surprised, since he havenít been afraid of physicality on the ice, but still satisfying.

One thing that worries me though is if some ******* goon decides to go after him. MZA is tough, but I donít know about him fighting. I donít know if there is a fair fight for MZA in the NHL?
No problem as long as he keeps his gloves on!

Sticky Fingers is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 04:48 AM
  #137
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingStian View Post
The way he's been playing, there is no way heís going down to Hartford again. Regardless of the mind-boggling injury problems this season, MZA is proving himself worthy of a place in the lineup. Without being an expert in any way, I feel heís adjusted to the NHL level fairly quick after the call up. 8 (3+5) points in 13 games has to be considered good from a rookie call up.

It was also amazingly satisfying to see him stick up for himself last night . Not that Iím surprised, since he havenít been afraid of physicality on the ice, but still satisfying.

One thing that worries me though is if some ******* goon decides to go after him. MZA is tough, but I donít know about him fighting. I donít know if there is a fair fight for MZA in the NHL?
Zuccarello vs Gionta!

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 05:04 AM
  #138
MrJonas
Ekblades of Steel
 
MrJonas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,033
vCash: 500
It's cool to see that MZA is actually getting a fair bit of space in the Norwegian media too, seems like he can act as a magnet for hockey in Norway.

MrJonas is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 06:15 AM
  #139
YetAnotherNorwegian
Registered User
 
YetAnotherNorwegian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJonas View Post
It's cool to see that MZA is actually getting a fair bit of space in the Norwegian media too, seems like he can act as a magnet for hockey in Norway.
I know Its great that hockey gets more attention. Everytime he picks up an assist or a goal all the large newspapers and sportssites has an article about it. Sometimes it gets a little bit biased though. Most of it's ok, but I had to chuckle/I facepalmed when one of the papers wrote a whole piece about last nights game and Zuccarello's goal, and managed to use one (!) whole sentence about Gaborik. The quite platonic: "Marian Gaborik was the man of the match with four goals and one assist".

That's norway in a banana peel for you. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about Zucca doing good, but every time we get an athlete that "makes it" we lose perspective that he or she is an automatic superstar and that the rest of the world doesn't care about anyone else. Sidney Crosby, who? We have MZA. Lance Armstrong, who? We have Thor Hushovd. Bode Miller, who? We have Aksel Lund Svindal etc. etc. Of course they might be great, but we seem to forget that the world is a bit bigger than our little duck pond.

YetAnotherNorwegian is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 06:28 AM
  #140
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 21,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingStian View Post
The way he's been playing, there is no way heís going down to Hartford again. Regardless of the mind-boggling injury problems this season, MZA is proving himself worthy of a place in the lineup. Without being an expert in any way, I feel heís adjusted to the NHL level fairly quick after the call up. 8 (3+5) points in 13 games has to be considered good from a rookie call up.

It was also amazingly satisfying to see him stick up for himself last night . Not that Iím surprised, since he havenít been afraid of physicality on the ice, but still satisfying.

One thing that worries me though is if some ******* goon decides to go after him. MZA is tough, but I donít know about him fighting. I donít know if there is a fair fight for MZA in the NHL?
You never know, but Id like to see any tough-guy out there go after a 5'7 Norwegian, even if he gives that toughguy a push or two.

Nah, he ought to be pretty safe.

Ola is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 06:32 AM
  #141
SKS
Registered User
 
SKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelOfOil View Post
I know Its great that hockey gets more attention. Everytime he picks up an assist or a goal all the large newspapers and sportssites has an article about it. Sometimes it gets a little bit biased though. Most of it's ok, but I had to chuckle/I facepalmed when one of the papers wrote a whole piece about last nights game and Zuccarello's goal, and managed to use one (!) whole sentence about Gaborik. The quite platonic: "Marian Gaborik was the man of the match with four goals and one assist".

That's norway in a banana peel for you. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about Zucca doing good, but every time we get an athlete that "makes it" we lose perspective that he or she is an automatic superstar and that the rest of the world doesn't care about anyone else. Sidney Crosby, who? We have MZA. Lance Armstrong, who? We have Thor Hushovd. Bode Miller, who? We have Aksel Lund Svindal etc. etc. Of course they might be great, but we seem to forget that the world is a bit bigger than our little duck pond.
I definitely see your point.. but lets be fair towards Svindal, Hushovd, and Norwegian media now Hushovd is reigning world champ, although he can not touch Armstrongs publicity to the ankles. Svindal has been considered the worlds greatest alpine skier for nearly half a decade now, whereas Bode has been considered the worlds greatest partier for the past half decade...

SKS is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 06:57 AM
  #142
YetAnotherNorwegian
Registered User
 
YetAnotherNorwegian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS View Post
I definitely see your point.. but lets be fair towards Svindal, Hushovd, and Norwegian media now Hushovd is reigning world champ, although he can not touch Armstrongs publicity to the ankles. Svindal has been considered the worlds greatest alpine skier for nearly half a decade now, whereas Bode has been considered the worlds greatest partier for the past half decade...
Hehe, yes indeed. By all means, I am acting a fool in front of the TV-screen when Hushovd is first over the finish line in TdF or when Svindal wins. I was just trying to use some examples you guys could relate to instead of some Swedish cross country-skier or a Finnish javelin thrower

YetAnotherNorwegian is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 07:04 AM
  #143
Slayem
Lucky Zuke
 
Slayem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Beyond Hell
Country: Norway
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJonas View Post
It's cool to see that MZA is actually getting a fair bit of space in the Norwegian media too, seems like he can act as a magnet for hockey in Norway.
Yes, this little diamond is the most important man in norwegian hockey and the media coverage is so important for us hockey freaks. Lets hope it leads to more hockey rinks and stadiums around the country.

Slayem is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 08:55 AM
  #144
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelOfOil View Post
I know Its great that hockey gets more attention. Everytime he picks up an assist or a goal all the large newspapers and sportssites has an article about it. Sometimes it gets a little bit biased though. Most of it's ok, but I had to chuckle/I facepalmed when one of the papers wrote a whole piece about last nights game and Zuccarello's goal, and managed to use one (!) whole sentence about Gaborik. The quite platonic: "Marian Gaborik was the man of the match with four goals and one assist".

That's norway in a banana peel for you. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about Zucca doing good, but every time we get an athlete that "makes it" we lose perspective that he or she is an automatic superstar and that the rest of the world doesn't care about anyone else. Sidney Crosby, who? We have MZA. Lance Armstrong, who? We have Thor Hushovd. Bode Miller, who? We have Aksel Lund Svindal etc. etc. Of course they might be great, but we seem to forget that the world is a bit bigger than our little duck pond.
That one I'm ok with. Bode Miller is a whackadoo, and Aksel Lund is a card-carrying badass.

clmetsfan is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 01:13 PM
  #145
GothamRanger
Registered User
 
GothamRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Zuccarello looks like a sustainable Prucha.

GothamRanger is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
  #146
Jumbo*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamRanger View Post
Zuccarello looks like a sustainable Prucha.
Don't insult Zuccarello like that.

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 04:33 PM
  #147
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 12,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamRanger View Post
Zuccarello looks like a sustainable Prucha.
Meh, they're not similar players really... Unless you're going by height alone, which isn't very fair... That's like calling Boyle a sustainable Jessiman.

__________________
"Whose bench, our bench? I don't know how to answer that.... What the hell kind of question is that???" - Torts
wolfgaze is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 05:13 PM
  #148
nabby12
Registered User
 
nabby12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
remember when people were writing off zucca after his first period of his first preseason game? lol now look at him!

nabby12 is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 05:17 PM
  #149
Ranger35
Proud of NYR
 
Ranger35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NV
Country: Israel
Posts: 3,478
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Meh, they're not similar players really... Unless you're going by height alone, which isn't very fair... That's like calling Boyle a sustainable Jessiman.
Now you're insulting Prucha, at least he's made it to the NHL. Not saying he's comparable to MZA, but Jessiman is nowhere near...

In other news... man I wish he could get the Aasen in there as well, that'd be a sick jersey.

Ranger35 is offline  
Old
01-20-2011, 05:18 PM
  #150
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 12,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
Now you're insulting Prucha, at least he's made it to the NHL. Not saying he's comparable to MZA, but Jessiman is nowhere near...

In other news... man I wish he could get the Aasen in there as well, that'd be a sick jersey.
Not insulting any of the above mentioned players... I'm saying it's not accurate/fair to compare players based on height/size alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
In other news... man I wish he could get the Aasen in there as well, that'd be a sick jersey.
I was thinking about this the other night... Not the Aasen part on the jersey, but that there might not be too many people getting Zuccarello jerseys, not because of anything to do with the player, but the there's too many letters... On the players' jerseys, the longer lettering will stretch out across their back because of the shoulder pads, but to a casual fan wearing the jersey, you likely won't be able to read "Zuccarello" on the back of the jersey because of the length of the name plate.

wolfgaze is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.