HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers college hockey deals

Old
12-31-2010, 10:12 AM
FlyersHockey18

vCash: 500
Flyers college hockey deals

Hey guys,

Last year the flyers had a deal where for 4 game college students only had to pay $25 a ticket.

I read somewhere that if you go to a game on a weekday yhere are chances of getting tickets for $25.

Anybody confirm that this is true?

Anybody ever done it? What are the chances that they do have tickets for sale?

FlyersHockey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 05:21 PM
blwalt17

I'd also like to know the answer to this question.

blwalt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 06:25 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Hell, I'm home once a year and I'd like to know if this were true.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 06:50 PM
BrindamoursNose

I think it is true. Usually they're called Student Rush Nights, similar to what the Phillies do.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 05:36 PM
FlyersHockey18

So no one else has heard of this? I'm tempted to call and ask but last time I called they kept trying to sell me season passes : /

Old
01-02-2011, 05:38 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
They sell out every game so if it happens its rare.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 10:14 PM
KO

I created an account just to answer your question:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129524240429789

I got invited to this event in October and ended up buying two tickets for the Panthers game (worst game I've ever been to). I payed a total of ~32.50 for one ticket in the 210 section.

To be honest, whoever runs the marketing for the Philadelphia Flyers Discounted College Nights does a horrific job..damn interns but seriously . The Facebook event was the only way I heard about it...and I ended up discovering this event because my friend noticed one of his friends was attending the event and knew I'm a huge Flyers fan.

They need to advertise this more.

KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 01:08 AM
WolfHound

That is a damn good question I haven't heard anything. Usually my university sells tickets through SGA for 5 dollars and reimburses for using public transportation. I haven't gone to a game yet but next time they do it I will. But I heard they disbanded college nights for the Philies since it got too rowdy.

WolfHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 09:42 AM
PuckBoy33

Please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHockey18 View Post
Hey guys,

Last year the flyers had a deal where for 4 game college students only had to pay $25 a ticket.

I read somewhere that if you go to a game on a weekday yhere are chances of getting tickets for $25.

DO NOT TURN THE WFC INTO another Citizen's Bank Park with stupid college kids wearing "COLLEGE" shirts are taking up seats, drinking far too much beer, starting more than enough fights, and simply not paying attention to the game. At least some idiot won't be able to run out on the ice in greenman suit.

PuckBoy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:14 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Hey guys,

Some of us on the board did the 4-game college pack last year, and got free shirts! The seats were last row in 205 or something, but the view is still fine up there. $25 a person is worth it. In fact, we got 4 awesome games. 2 dollar dog nights, a dollar pretzel night, and the halloween game (costume contest night).

We wanted to do it again this year, however we couldnt find the college packs.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:58 AM
FlyersHockey18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
DO NOT TURN THE WFC INTO another Citizen's Bank Park with stupid college kids wearing "COLLEGE" shirts are taking up seats, drinking far too much beer, starting more than enough fights, and simply not paying attention to the game. At least some idiot won't be able to run out on the ice in greenman suit.
You know not all of us are able to afford $100 tickets like you and are also able to afford the "cheap" beer at the WFC. I must say, I know a lot of collee kids that are interested in going to games but cannot afford it.

Old
01-09-2011, 09:33 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
You know not all of us are able to afford $100 tickets like you and are also able to afford the "cheap" beer at the WFC. I must say, I know a lot of collee kids that are interested in going to games but cannot afford it.
Throw me into the group of people who can't afford it. I went a bunch when the Flyers were in last place a few years ago and they had the student rush tickets pretty much every game. Now it is a rarity that they don't really advertise (to the best of my knowledge). I haven't been to a game this season and probably won't get to one unless someone buys the tickets for me. Also I don't drink at hockey games for two reasons: too expensive, don't want to miss part of the game from getting beers or being drunk.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote