HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS (HD), CBC (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
THOMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THOMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Brings a tear to my eye everytime

Must win game, hopefully one for the ages
The one Hab who always had Thomas's number was Alex Kovalev. He beat him with blistering wrist shots to the top corners. I hope someone remembers how he did it.

Old
01-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Alexandre Picard - LW
Phoenix Coyotes
Line Change
Picard in
Picard has three goals and six points in 30 games for the Habs.
Arpon Basu
Posted: 2011-01-08 08:39:44

Andddd Another Fail

Old
01-08-2011, 12:45 PM
FlyingRat

Picard messed up by leaving Asham wide open on the Penguins' only goal, so he gets rewarded with another game to show us his stuff.

Old
01-08-2011, 12:47 PM
sprevost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
We agree 100% on the subject then.

I didn't find Weber had a great game, but it also was not a terrible game by any accounts. I don't think it warrants shifting 2 of your pairings around when we won the game the night before. Considering Weber had 2 great games being paired with Spacek and then had a mediocre one once paired up with Picard is pretty telling. Same goes for Subban! He was struggling and struggling with his confidence and at the same time playing with Picard, which was just compounding the problem. He gets paired up with Gill? He and Gill have been getting the most ice-time since then and they've easily been our best pairing. Subban being fantastic overall in the process.

Hamrlik-Wiz
Gill-Subban
Spacek-Weber
Picard

That's how the pairings should be going forward in my opinion. We need to know if we have a future with Weber on our blueline and see if he can progress some more. While Picard is still relatively young, the book is more or less out on him and there isn't really that much room left for him to grow into something better than he already is.
Totally agree, we finally have 3 right handed D men and 3 lefties......why on earth would you want to put Spacek (who has played entire career as LD) back on the right? Spacek must be pissed! I think your pairings are great. If JM wants to absolutely sit Weber, just sub in Picard on the right.....

Old
01-08-2011, 12:47 PM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
This really will be the verdict on whether or not I watch another game on CBC. The last Habs-Brus game was an absolute joke.
Come on man, how many years did we put up with Dick Irvin or on TSN with Mcguire's love affair with Price?? By the way, I loved and respected Irvin alot and Im a Bruin fan!!

Seems to me Bruins never show up when they play the habs. Habs play Bruins like it's an important game and they bring it!! Anyway, great rivalry and looking forward to the game. Predicting a low scoring affair. Love the Bruins but Julien has them playing such a boring friggin game!!

All the best in 2011 Hab fans to you and your families!! Good health to all!

Old
01-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
Picard messed up by leaving Asham wide open on the Penguins' only goal, so he gets rewarded with another game to show us his stuff.
Yeah, Tom Pyatt should play defense.

Old
01-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
We agree 100% on the subject then.

I didn't find Weber had a great game, but it also was not a terrible game by any accounts. I don't think it warrants shifting 2 of your pairings around when we won the game the night before. Considering Weber had 2 great games being paired with Spacek and then had a mediocre one once paired up with Picard is pretty telling. Same goes for Subban! He was struggling and struggling with his confidence and at the same time playing with Picard, which was just compounding the problem. He gets paired up with Gill? He and Gill have been getting the most ice-time since then and they've easily been our best pairing. Subban being fantastic overall in the process.

Hamrlik-Wiz
Gill-Subban
Spacek-Weber
Picard

That's how the pairings should be going forward in my opinion. We need to know if we have a future with Weber on our blueline and see if he can progress some more. While Picard is still relatively young, the book is more or less out on him and there isn't really that much room left for him to grow into something better than he already is.
As you said, 100% agreed.

I'd really like to hear Martin's justification of his D pairings, because I don't see the logic behind the ones for tonight. Wish it was possible for us to call Martin and ask him questions the same way we could do it with Lapierre.

Old
01-08-2011, 01:18 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Go habs!!

Please please pleaaaase AK play like a normal hockey player tonight! like try to compete with ur lil bro sergei you dont want him to pass u in points now do you?!?

wtf is up with eller being benched? lol...at this point just send him back to hamilton or something! (that wont ever happen since we got him for HaLLLLaK)

3-2 habs!

Old
01-08-2011, 01:44 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Going to the games, was there Dec 16 too. Better be the same outcome!

Old
01-08-2011, 01:46 PM
sheed36

Two very important points on the line tonight for the Habs.. Hopefully the game doesn't go to OT..

However the Bruins are probably due for a win against the Habs and with the Habs struggling offensively I can see a 3-0 or 3-1 win for the Bruins tonight.. Please let me be wrong though...

Old
01-08-2011, 01:56 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Come on man, how many years did we put up with Dick Irvin or on TSN with Mcguire's love affair with Price?? By the way, I loved and respected Irvin alot and Im a Bruin fan!!

Seems to me Bruins never show up when they play the habs. Habs play Bruins like it's an important game and they bring it!! Anyway, great rivalry and looking forward to the game. Predicting a low scoring affair. Love the Bruins but Julien has them playing such a boring friggin game!!

Habs for some reason match up well vs the Bruins, but not vs the Leafs...go figure...we say the same thing you are saying, only vs the Leafs...

Old
01-08-2011, 02:01 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

Same to you.

Like the poster above said, we have the same problem but with the Leafs. You guys dominate the Leafs.. It's funny how hockey works.

Old
01-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 266
Cammy is due for a hatty...

Old
01-08-2011, 02:32 PM
baldrick

Please,please! can we score more than one freakin' goal?

Go Habs Go

Old
01-08-2011, 02:42 PM
nfld77

Quote:
Same to you.

Like the poster above said, we have the same problem but with the Leafs. You guys dominate the Leafs.. It's funny how hockey works.

Yea, go figure!!! Anyway I hope for an entertaining game tonight. I get up for Hab/Bruin games far more than any other. Ah, the great rivalry, not all good memories but some. But it's all memories. Lol, only one I keep trying to forget is 1979!!

Old
01-08-2011, 02:48 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Please,please! can we score more than one freakin' goal?

Go Habs Go

Even if the Bruins were starting Julien in net the Habs would still struggle to score 2 goals..

Old
01-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yea, go figure!!! Anyway I hope for an entertaining game tonight. I get up for Hab/Bruin games far more than any other. Ah, the great rivalry, not all good memories but some. But it's all memories. Lol, only one I keep trying to forget is 1979!!
Depends on what team you were rooting for.

Best of luck nfld77, and thank you for the kind words.

Old
01-08-2011, 02:52 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

!GO HABS GO!

5-1 habs

Old
01-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Picaroon

Quote:

But this is supposed to be a Canadian network. Announcers are required to be non biased anyways. Millbury is a complete idiot. I like PJ but his bias is infuriating. I am a die hard life long CBC supporter but they have gone way way down hill the last few years. Cannot believe they lost the anthem. Canadian travesty

Old
01-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Even if the Bruins were starting Julien in net the Habs would still struggle to score 2 goals..
He'd cover a lot of net.

Old
01-08-2011, 02:55 PM
76ftw

Gonna be a good one tonight!

4-1 Habs

Cammy (2)
AK (1)
PK (1)

Chara (1) PP
Price will stop 34 of 35 Bruins shots!

Old
01-08-2011, 02:58 PM
JackZap

Finally we get Picard back on the pp

Old
01-08-2011, 03:22 PM
NewEnglandSportsFan*

Send a message via AIM to NewEnglandSportsFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The one Hab who always had Thomas's number was Alex Kovalev. He beat him with blistering wrist shots to the top corners. I hope someone remembers how he did it.
Oh man I can still picture those, anytime Kovalev had the puck, I was like, Oh **** here we go again

General question, I was wondering if you guys have any goon type players/fighters tonight? No more Lapierre I know... but I always like these Bruins-Habs games so much better when they are full of energy and hatred (last Bruins-Habs game I went to was the 4-9-09 one where the OT point got you into the playoffs! and THAT was a good game...)

Thanks if anyone answers.

Old
01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
TheGreatGodsby*

Can't wait for the PK train to dominate Boston tonight. Big victory prolly.

Old
01-08-2011, 03:34 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFans92 View Post
Oh man I can still picture those, anytime Kovalev had the puck, I was like, Oh **** here we go again

General question, I was wondering if you guys have any goon type players/fighters tonight? No more Lapierre I know... but I always like these Bruins-Habs games so much better when they are full of energy and hatred (last Bruins-Habs game I went to was the 4-9-09 one where the OT point got you into the playoffs! and THAT was a good game...)

Thanks if anyone answers.
If you're a goon type player/fighter or plays the game with any grit at all Martin doesn't want you on his team.. Moen is probably the only guy that would drop the gloves if need be but playing in Montreal for Martin as turned him soft too..

Closed Thread