HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

how come Desharnais is already getting 14min per game?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2011, 06:53 AM
  #101
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Don't even bother. A lot of Desharnais bashers made up their opinions reading scouting reports 3 years ago and are too stubborn to change it. He's a small player from Quebec, therefore he must suck and is there only because of his heritage. They'll complain that he gets 14 minutes per game but never noticed or cared that Pacioretty often gets 14 to 16 minutes too (and him getting this icetime is great, btw). I disagree with the way they handle Eller (and think he should get tons of icetime in Hamilton for a while) but hating on someone because of it is completely retarded.
Get friggin real. No one, I mean no one, is arguing against DD because he's Quebecois. You've p-issed me off, and you've insulted me and many other lifelong Montreal born Habs fans with comments like that.

Habs fans who are English, and there are millions of them, would love nothing more than having a vrai Quebec french superstar on this team. You think we didn't love all the ones we had from 1930-90 as much as you?

It's just unfair and wrong to write you have written above.. You are wrong. The reason we question DD is because he's TINY, and he likely won't be able to make it. I hope he does, but I doubt it.

I'm so sick of the "You don't like him because he's French" crap. Learn the history of the Habs. Learn the history of Montreal. Learn the history of their fans.

We love the Habs, and we love Richard Lafleur Cournoyer and on on on as much as you do.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 07:22 AM
  #102
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Get friggin real. No one, I mean no one, is arguing against DD because he's Quebecois. You've p-issed me off, and you've insulted me and many other lifelong Montreal born Habs fans with comments like that.

Habs fans who are English, and there are millions of them, would love nothing more than having a vrai Quebec french superstar on this team. You think we didn't love all the ones we had from 1930-90 as much as you?

It's just unfair and wrong to write you have written above.. You are wrong. The reason we question DD is because he's TINY, and he likely won't be able to make it. I hope he does, but I doubt it.

I'm so sick of the "You don't like him because he's French" crap. Learn the history of the Habs. Learn the history of Montreal. Learn the history of their fans.

We love the Habs, and we love Richard Lafleur Cournoyer and on on on as much as you do.
In that case, let him play. The guy's been a production machine in Juniors and is doing it again in the AHL. We lack offense and you want to give him a shot but only for 7-8 minutes per game?

I'm of the opinion that Desharnais needs to play with snipers to be successful but with Plekanec and Gomez, he can only center the third line. So Pouliot, Pacioretty and Eller (and even AK) could play with him and I don't see why the 3rd line couldn't get more ice time when they're doing well.

As for the language, HFBoards is seriously going overboard with this issue. It seems like every discussion turns into a language debate. Although you're the one I'm quoting, bsl, this actually concerns most posters here. Pretty soon, we won't be able to give an opinion without getting replies to our pro-english/anti-english or pro-french/anti-french predisposition.

Let it go. Concentrate on hockey. And give Desharnais a break just like Eller should get a much better chance than what he's been getting so far, as far as I'm concerned.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 07:38 AM
  #103
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
In that case, let him play. The guy's been a production machine in Juniors and is doing it again in the AHL. We lack offense and you want to give him a shot but only for 7-8 minutes per game?

I'm of the opinion that Desharnais needs to play with snipers to be successful but with Plekanec and Gomez, he can only center the third line. So Pouliot, Pacioretty and Eller (and even AK) could play with him and I don't see why the 3rd line couldn't get more ice time when they're doing well.

As for the language, HFBoards is seriously going overboard with this issue. It seems like every discussion turns into a language debate. Although you're the one I'm quoting, bsl, this actually concerns most posters here. Pretty soon, we won't be able to give an opinion without getting replies to our pro-english/anti-english or pro-french/anti-french predisposition.

Let it go. Concentrate on hockey. And give Desharnais a break just like Eller should get a much better chance than what he's been getting so far, as far as I'm concerned.
Good post and I agree. Let's give the Kid every chance, he's earned it. And yeah, dammit, I do want a french superstar on the Habs. We all do. But we have to be realistic!

And I'm not 'pro English' or 'proFrench', I love Quebec and Montreal, partly because it's french, but mainly I'm Pro Habs. Like all of us, French, English, Italian, Chinese...

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 07:51 AM
  #104
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Can't understand that either. When Eller was given more ice time he would create things
And no offense to anyone here but I can't see Desharnais long term on the 3rd line C he's just to small
wtf are we giving a midget who has no future with us minutes and Eller who will be a legit top 6 siting out

and now you SK .....Dagostini looking like the players we expected

I know its a broken record but this team cant produce anyone

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:03 AM
  #105
skipp18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
In that case, let him play. The guy's been a production machine in Juniors and is doing it again in the AHL. We lack offense and you want to give him a shot but only for 7-8 minutes per game?

I'm of the opinion that Desharnais needs to play with snipers to be successful but with Plekanec and Gomez, he can only center the third line. So Pouliot, Pacioretty and Eller (and even AK) could play with him and I don't see why the 3rd line couldn't get more ice time when they're doing well.

As for the language, HFBoards is seriously going overboard with this issue. It seems like every discussion turns into a language debate. Although you're the one I'm quoting, bsl, this actually concerns most posters here. Pretty soon, we won't be able to give an opinion without getting replies to our pro-english/anti-english or pro-french/anti-french predisposition.

Let it go. Concentrate on hockey. And give Desharnais a break just like Eller should get a much better chance than what he's been getting so far, as far as I'm concerned.
One question, do you live in Montreal. If you do congrats on being very enlightened. Cause in this city with the crap on Antichambre, le journal, lapresse and especially CKAC its impossible to escape the English/French thing.

skipp18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:13 AM
  #106
Bunka Gurndeep
Registered User
 
Bunka Gurndeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,847
vCash: 500
Until this team stops carIng what language a GM, coach, president, owner and yes, Some players...I believe we won't win the cup.

Best persOn for the job. No matter if theyre French English Russian Chinese or whatever.

Bunka Gurndeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:20 AM
  #107
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,403
vCash: 500
From what I have seen so far, Desharnais is no better than Eller offensively, and obviously he has more trouble on defense and in 1 on 1 battles because of the 8 inch difference. I'm not saying I'd sit him and put Eller back in, maybe give him a few more games, but IMHO Eller is as good and 4-5 yaers younger with more upside.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:24 AM
  #108
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka Gurndeep View Post
Until this team stops carIng what language a GM, coach, president, owner and yes, Some players...I believe we won't win the cup.

Best persOn for the job. No matter if theyre French English Russian Chinese or whatever.
Yup.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:26 AM
  #109
Bunka Gurndeep
Registered User
 
Bunka Gurndeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,847
vCash: 500
Eller should have his spot on the QC line but they've been good as a whole for two games now. First game they don't I'd put Eller back in and put DD on wing and sit Darche. Weber back in over Picard too.

These all seem like no brainer moves but I think JM is afraid of our low QC quotient

Bunka Gurndeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:36 AM
  #110
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka Gurndeep View Post
Eller should have his spot on the QC line but they've been good as a whole for two games now. First game they don't I'd put Eller back in and put DD on wing and sit Darche. Weber back in over Picard too.

These all seem like no brainer moves but I think JM is afraid of our low QC quotient
That line was good with Eller there, getting lots of offensive zone time and chances, just not a lot of goals...Desharnais has brought more of the same.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:38 AM
  #111
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,455
vCash: 500
The team needs all the offense they can get right now, both Eller and Desharnais should be in the lineup.

Pouliot - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Eller - Desharnais - Kostitsyn
Moen - Halpern - Darche

The first line has struggled and Pouliot has played well lately so maybe he can help wake Pleks and Cammalleri up offensively, also having Kostitsyn on the third line with less pressure may help him gain some confidence offensively.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:39 AM
  #112
Not The One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montréal, Qc.
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka Gurndeep View Post
Until this team stops carIng what language a GM, coach, president, owner and yes, Some players...I believe we won't win the cup.

Best persOn for the job. No matter if theyre French English Russian Chinese or whatever.
Translation = Get an anglo GM like the 29 other teams, and it will surely make us better.

As for Desharnais...

In the Q: Top 5 in the league in points... they said he's was too small.
In the ECHL: League leader in points, MVP... they still said he was too small.
In the AHL: League leader in points, best PPG in team history... still too small.

Give him a real chance, and he could be our next Plekanec.

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:43 AM
  #113
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
The team needs all the offense they can get right now, both Eller and Desharnais should be in the lineup.

Pouliot - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Eller - Desharnais - Kostitsyn
Moen - Halpern - Darche

The first line has struggled and Pouliot has played well lately so maybe he can help wake Pleks and Cammalleri up offensively, also having Kostitsyn on the third line with less pressure may help him gain some confidence offensively.
I would have no problem trying that lineup...Eller should play next game or get sent to the AHL to play.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 10:16 AM
  #114
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
In that case, let him play. The guy's been a production machine in Juniors and is doing it again in the AHL. We lack offense and you want to give him a shot but only for 7-8 minutes per game?

I'm of the opinion that Desharnais needs to play with snipers to be successful but with Plekanec and Gomez, he can only center the third line. So Pouliot, Pacioretty and Eller (and even AK) could play with him and I don't see why the 3rd line couldn't get more ice time when they're doing well.

As for the language, HFBoards is seriously going overboard with this issue. It seems like every discussion turns into a language debate. Although you're the one I'm quoting, bsl, this actually concerns most posters here. Pretty soon, we won't be able to give an opinion without getting replies to our pro-english/anti-english or pro-french/anti-french predisposition.

Let it go. Concentrate on hockey. And give Desharnais a break just like Eller should get a much better chance than what he's been getting so far, as far as I'm concerned.
As I've written previously. I have no problem given DD that much ice time. The problem I have is how Eller and Pouliot were given very little ice time.
Pouliot, imo, has been our most consistent player this year. For his role, with his limited ice time, I feel he's done a great job.
DD is not better than either player imo. So, I find it stupid that, for some reason, he gets privileged ice time.
Eller has created better things offensively and he wins his battles against the boards. I rather have seen Eller get more minutes, PP and PK time, than DD.

I also can't believe we would take our best forward, Plekanec, move him to the point so we can create room for DD on the PP. It just doesn't make any sense. Plekanec on the point is about the dumbest thing I've seen.
I think they might be trying to showcase him or place him in situations that might make him become valuable for a trade.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 10:21 AM
  #115
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I also can't believe we would take our best forward, Plekanec, move him to the point so we can create room for DD on the PP. It just doesn't make any sense. Plekanec on the point is about the dumbest thing I've seen.
I think they might be trying to showcase him or place him in situations that might make him become valuable for a trade.
Well, the other options are Spacek or Picard on the point. I think we've seen enough of Spacek there and it's time to try something else.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 10:27 AM
  #116
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Well, the other options are Spacek or Picard on the point. I think we've seen enough of Spacek there and it's time to try something else.
Actually no. The other options are Pouliot, AK, Cammy, Gio, Weber. Gomez and Plekanec like to set up plays. Plek is a better scorer than Gomez, so he will put up more goals, but his best quality is his playmaking. Would you put Gomez at the point??..That is retarded. Both these guys need to be at the ashmarks.
So, the best thing is dress Weber. I really don't see why they feel they need to put Picard in over him.
But, if they want to do that, then place someone with a powerful shot at the point.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:13 PM
  #117
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Get friggin real. No one, I mean no one, is arguing against DD because he's Quebecois. You've p-issed me off, and you've insulted me and many other lifelong Montreal born Habs fans with comments like that.

Habs fans who are English, and there are millions of them, would love nothing more than having a vrai Quebec french superstar on this team. You think we didn't love all the ones we had from 1930-90 as much as you?

It's just unfair and wrong to write you have written above.. You are wrong. The reason we question DD is because he's TINY, and he likely won't be able to make it. I hope he does, but I doubt it.

I'm so sick of the "You don't like him because he's French" crap. Learn the history of the Habs. Learn the history of Montreal. Learn the history of their fans.

We love the Habs, and we love Richard Lafleur Cournoyer and on on on as much as you do.
I'm English and I could care less about any players nationality. So posting that as a fact is complete and utter hilarity to me.

I don't care if Pacioretty was our next superstar or James Wyman or David Desharnais. It doesn't matter to me. I just want the Habs to win hockey games.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:40 PM
  #118
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Get friggin real. No one, I mean no one, is arguing against DD because he's Quebecois. You've p-issed me off, and you've insulted me and many other lifelong Montreal born Habs fans with comments like that.

Habs fans who are English, and there are millions of them, would love nothing more than having a vrai Quebec french superstar on this team. You think we didn't love all the ones we had from 1930-90 as much as you?

It's just unfair and wrong to write you have written above.. You are wrong. The reason we question DD is because he's TINY, and he likely won't be able to make it. I hope he does, but I doubt it.

I'm so sick of the "You don't like him because he's French" crap. Learn the history of the Habs. Learn the history of Montreal. Learn the history of their fans.

We love the Habs, and we love Richard Lafleur Cournoyer and on on on as much as you do.
Thats all very nice. In fact perhaps you shouldn't have felt concerned by that part of my post. I do think he can succeed regardless of his height, but thats another story

There is a very small but vocal minority here that bashes french players continuously, and its a fact. They probablly do so because they want to counter the antichambre/rds pro french movement, or because they are bored, I don't know. I think the ''we need to sell the team and get a 100% quebec team!'' group of fans are just as worse and the anti-french guys are probably reactionaries. Imho fighting an extreme idea by adopting another extreme idea is retarded.

I'm glad you (and others who have reacted angrily to my post, haha!) are not part of that vocal minority, you have no need to be insulted as I did not target you, or anglo fans, specifically. I don't think the organisation cares wether Desharnais speaks french or spanish, we shouldn't either. It pisses me off when some people insinuate he's here because he's french or that people like him because he's french. I like his vision, passing, responsible play, skills and bravery, grit and determination. This is why I want him in the team, a lot of our players (all bigger!) could learn from him about those things!


Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 01-09-2011 at 12:53 PM.
FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:48 PM
  #119
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Desharnais deserves 14 minutes... as well as Eller !

get A.K. out of this line up once and for all !

Or take some useless tools out like Moen and Pyatt.


Last edited by CanadienErrant*: 01-09-2011 at 12:56 PM.
CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:57 PM
  #120
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Desharnais deserves 14 minutes... as well as Eller !

get A.K. out of this line up once and for all !
I'd take away Pyatt first and have Moen scratched once in a while. These two are so useless.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
  #121
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I'd take away Pyatt first and have Moen scratched once in a while. These two are so useless.
If you think Moen is useless you need to learn more about the game of hockey, every team needs foot soldiers not just a bunch of danglers.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:50 PM
  #122
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If you think Moen is useless you need to learn more about the game of hockey, every team needs foot soldiers not just a bunch of danglers.
Moen is just not a very good foot soldier and has been mediocre all year in all aspects of the game.

You definitely need to learn about the game of hockey if you think otherwise

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:54 PM
  #123
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Moen is taking a lot of heat around here lately. He does seem uninvolved at times but you rarely see him make any mistakes. Had a nice backcheck last night that saved a sure goal.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 03:20 PM
  #124
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,258
vCash: 500
How about less Pyatt, more Eller? Also, is he a boxer or briefs kind of guy?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 03:31 PM
  #125
Bulis hit
Registered User
 
Bulis hit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
The reason why DD is getting more time than Eller on the ice right now has nothing to do with upside. It has to do with Eller being so much younger. You don't hurt a young player by making him sit for a while, making him think about his game, wonder how to do better and look for answers. You hurt him if he doesn't play all season, but it's not what JM is doing. I would love to see Eller contribute, and he will, in time. It's all a learning process. I believe, too, that Eller is going to have a better career than DD, but for now, DD needs to be given a real chance to contribute, because if he doesn't get it this season with the Habs, he's probably gonna go get it somewhere else. With Eller, there is plenty of time and no long-time hurt done.

No worries friends, Eller is a young guy, he'll be fine.

Bulis hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.