HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blake Wheeler to Colorado

Old
01-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

vCash: 500
Blake Wheeler to Colorado

So the Avs need some forward grit. We have a glut of PMD and we need mean defensemen but that could likely be addressed through the draft and through free agency since the price of premium young defensemen is enormous. Blake Wheeler, though, could fill a need for sandpaper for cheap since he hasn't developed quite like Boston had hoped. Plus, Boston kinda owes us one after the Hunwick trade and they need some PMD to complement Chara.

Maybe Cumiskey/Wilson + for Wheeler?

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 11:07 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgeduck View Post
So the Avs need some forward grit. We have a glut of PMD and we need mean defensemen but that could likely be addressed through the draft and through free agency since the price of premium young defensemen is enormous. Blake Wheeler, though, could fill a need for sandpaper for cheap since he hasn't developed quite like Boston had hoped. Plus, Boston kinda owes us one after the Hunwick trade and they need some PMD to complement Chara.

The bruins do need a pmd, but these guys are not the solution. Nor do they need more picks. If anything, I could the bruins doing a Wheeler+ for an actual pmd. Honestly, as of now, Kampfer is a better solution to fill the pmd role than either of these guys.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 11:27 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Wheeler does not grit.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:03 AM
doofydoofer08*

to tell the truth you can just give us hunwick back wheeler is really bad some games he will look so good but thats so rare he can barley skate and he plays hockey lol he takes the worst penalties at important times in games and for his size he couldent beat up a three year old so just take him please

doofydoofer08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:10 AM
NewEnglandSportsFan*

Send a message via AIM to NewEnglandSportsFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by doofydoofer08 View Post

to tell the truth you can just give us hunwick back wheeler is really bad some games he will look so good but thats so rare he can barley skate and he plays hockey lol he takes the worst penalties at important times in games and for his size he couldent beat up a three year old so just take him please
huh? no to all of this!

Yeah we need a legit PMD if anything; otherwise we are good with Kampfer... Wheeler + for a good one perhaps?

NewEnglandSportsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:19 AM
doofydoofer08*

huh? no to all of this!

Yeah we need a legit PMD if anything; otherwise we are good with Kampfer... Wheeler + for a good one perhaps?

i was joking only a little i hate wheeler lol kampfer has looked very good the last couple days but yea it all depends what the plus is maybe wheeler plus the bruins 1st for a good pmd

Old
01-09-2011, 01:22 AM
POPNDOUGH

If you need a mean defenseman, you should have asked for either Mark Stuart, or Adam McQuaid.
We'd probably only be interested in Liles, or Shattenkirk, and you probably wouldn't want to give them up even if we'd add some prospects/picks to the deal.

POPNDOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 04:35 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Wheeler does not grit.
haha. quoted for truth.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
haha. quoted for truth.

Yeah. Except for the part where that isn't true.

Ten Thousand Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 09:50 AM
stanleyorbust

Toronto likes Wheeler....

Would Boston even consider a Wheeler, Ryder, Toronto's 1st for McCarthur, Kaberle, and conditional 2012 2nd Rounder. 2nd rounder drops further down the draft a round for each playoff series Boston wins this season.

stanleyorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 10:03 AM
doofydoofer08*

Would Boston even consider a Wheeler, Ryder, Toronto's 1st for McCarthur, Kaberle, and conditional 2012 2nd Rounder. 2nd rounder drops further down the draft a round for each playoff series Boston wins this season.

i know that its hard to understand but the leafs are not getting that pick back

Old
01-09-2011, 10:24 AM
stanleyorbust

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofydoofer08 View Post

i know that its hard to understand but the leafs are not getting that pick back
Macarthur and Kaberle would instantly become Bostons #1, and #2 scorers in the standings. Kaberle is the missing piece for Boston. Stanley cup or 5 to 10th overall draft choice?

Old
01-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyorbust View Post
Macarthur and Kaberle would instantly become Bostons #1, and #2 scorers in the standings. Kaberle is the missing piece for Boston. Stanley cup or 5 to 10th overall draft choice?

Kaberle guarantees us a Stanley Cup? Really? Because I'm pretty sure the breakdown goes as follows: slight increase in odds of winning the Stanley Cup this year (with Kaberle) or pretty big increase in odds of winning the Cup for the next 15 years after this year (with Couturier/Landeskog/Larsson). I'll take the pick.

Ten Thousand Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Couturier View Post
Kaberle guarantees us a Stanley Cup? Really? Because I'm pretty sure the breakdown goes as follows: slight increase in odds of winning the Stanley Cup this year (with Kaberle) or pretty big increase in odds of winning the Cup for the next 15 years after this year (with Couturier/Landeskog/Larsson). I'll take the pick.
I agree with you that we don't do that deal. No way no how.

I disagree about a top 5 pick being with us for 15 years. Odds are that doesn't happen any more. Go back not even 15 years to the 97 draft. Not one of the top 10 picks is still with his original team.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:16 AM
stanleyorbust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Couturier View Post
LOL.. Couturier/Landeskog/Larsson? Good luck on that one. Toronto is already almost out of a lottery pick position, and with teams like Ottawa falling, Florida dumping Vokoum at deadline, Calgary about to blow up, Columbus debating being sellers... toronto is likely to find themselves finishing about 23 or 24th.. meaning none of those players are available. 7th pick could get you a skinner.. or if could get you a bust. MacArthur is 25 and you are not likely to get anyone better than him over the long run at that draft pick.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
TOR is not getting their pick back, end of story. Why on earth would we trade a potential lottery pick for a rental?

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:20 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
LOL.. Couturier/Landeskog/Larsson? Good luck on that one. Toronto is already almost out of a lottery pick position, and with teams like Ottawa falling, Florida dumping Vokoum at deadline, Calgary about to blow up, Columbus debating being sellers... toronto is likely to find themselves finishing about 23 or 24th.. meaning none of those players are available. 7th pick could get you a skinner.. or if could get you a bust. MacArthur is 25 and you are not likely to get anyone better than him over the long run at that draft pick.
LOL, so you would deal a top 7 pick for MacArthur? Are you Brian Burke?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by POPNDOUGH View Post
If you need a mean defenseman, you should have asked for either Mark Stuart, or Adam McQuaid.
We'd probably only be interested in Liles, or Shattenkirk, and you probably wouldn't want to give them up even if we'd add some prospects/picks to the deal.
We do need a mean shut-down defenseman, but more than just Stuart or McQuaid. We need a Pronger type who can only be feasibly addressed through the draft or through a big trade when we get the pieces and are sure that's the only thing we need. I've just liked Wheeler from his days at Minnesota and I think he'd get a revival in an Avs sweater.

As far as Liles'd go--it'd be really hard to trade for him right now. He's playing Norris caliber hockey and I'd go so far as to demand Toronto's 1st. By next year that could change though since his play is more likely going to revert to last year's.

Shattenkirk and Duchene are probably the only two untouchable players on our team. They both bring leadership and are young, so you'd have to massively overpay for Shatty. We're much more likely to trade Stewart or Stastny (not that you need them, just for the sake of argument).

I don't know why everyone's down on Cumiskey. He's a good player as long as he has a D-pairing who can stay back a bit. He played with Hannan and was alright, but Hannan wasn't anything to write home about. He's really cheap and he's incredibly fast so he would fit on a pairing with Stuart or McQuaid. He's young, too, and while his shot isn't great his first pass and breakout are pretty high up.

I'd love to keep Cumiskey, actually, but we are so stuffed to our faces with PMD that it only makes sense to trade Cumiskey. Think of Cumiskey as a Hunwick who actually makes good decisions (most of the time).

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:23 AM
stanleyorbust

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
LOL, so you would deal a top 7 pick for MacArthur? Are you Brian Burke?
Who said that? The deal suggested was:

MacArthur (would be boston leading scorer)
Kaberle (Would be boston's 2nd leading scorer, and PMD and would resign there)
Conditional 2nd

for

Wheeler
Ryder (salary dump)
and toronto's 1st.

My point is.. at that the 7th pick.. you might get someone better, you might not. Kaberle, and MacArthur would GREATLY increase Bostons chances of making it to the finals. As they stand now.. they wont get past Philly or Pittsburg.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:55 AM
doofydoofer08*

Who said that? The deal suggested was:

MacArthur (would be boston leading scorer)
Kaberle (Would be boston's 2nd leading scorer, and PMD and would resign there)
Conditional 2nd

for

Wheeler
Ryder (salary dump)
and toronto's 1st.My point is.. at that the 7th pick.. you might get someone better, you might not. Kaberle, and MacArthur would GREATLY increase Bostons chances of making it to the finals. As they stand now.. they wont get past Philly or Pittsburg.

i swear leaf fans are missing brain cells but THE PICK WILL NOT BE TRADED DURING THE SEASON. the only way that picked gets traded is near the draft and that only if it is some where around 6-9 but onlt then because it still has a chance of being a top 4 pick