HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Heavily Scouting LA/CBJ Game

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2011, 11:21 PM
  #51
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.
 
Sir Richard 37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SE Mass
Country: United States
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Find a way and get Voracek to Boston please
If we're scouting CBJ, Voracek would be one of my targets as well. I'd be willing to send Savard to Columbus in some sort of deal with Voracek coming back, but that's a fantasy.

Sir Richard 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 11:33 PM
  #52
WhalerTurnedBruin55
Registered User
 
WhalerTurnedBruin55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Richard 37 View Post
If we're scouting CBJ, Voracek would be one of my targets as well. I'd be willing to send Savard to Columbus in some sort of deal with Voracek coming back, but that's a fantasy.
That would be awesome. But Savard would have to waive his NTC and I doubt Columbus, Ohio is that appealing. Although Savard + Nash, would probably be a pretty good combo.

Krejci makes a lot of sense... if we can get a good return, say Voracek, Russell, but that might be too steep of a price.

I don't know what direction either team is going in terms of what they will acquire, but it will be interesting to see if anything pans out.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 11:35 PM
  #53
FROMSHORETOCHARA
Registered User
 
FROMSHORETOCHARA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Richard 37 View Post
If we're scouting CBJ, Voracek would be one of my targets as well. I'd be willing to send Savard to Columbus in some sort of deal with Voracek coming back, but that's a fantasy.



I just can't see savie having any trade value today. He is playing terrible, he is coming off a horrific injury, he makes 7 mil this year, and has 6 years left at 4 mil per.

However, fear makes people do strange things, if howson scared, maybe he pulls the trigger and takes a shot at the center he needs.

Voracek would be great butI expect a savie deal, if one can be done at all, is "softer" deal than that. Would love to be wrong though.

And for the record, I would take Filtov, young with skill. Buy low.

Tyt, Russell, umberger....would take any of them.

FROMSHORETOCHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:00 AM
  #54
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster
 
Random Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spooner Street
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,709
vCash: 500
I don't see a trade happening soon. Like a poster said unless it's for an impact player, a higher end #2/pmd type I would add, it's a waste of time.

I blame Julien more than management for the teams lackluster play. If they don't pick it up I believe Julien will get the ax at the end of the year.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:06 AM
  #55
Strange Universe
Registered User
 
Strange Universe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
I don't see a trade happening soon. Like a poster said unless it's for an impact player, a higher end #2/pmd type I would add, it's a waste of time.

I blame Julien more than management for the teams lackluster play. If they don't pick it up I believe Julien will get the ax at the end of the year.
Me thinks the machete will be used sooner if things do not shape up faster........

Strange Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:41 AM
  #56
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FROMSHORETOCHARA View Post


I just can't see savie having any trade value today. He is playing terrible, he is coming off a horrific injury, he makes 7 mil this year, and has 6 years left at 4 mil per.

However, fear makes people do strange things, if howson scared, maybe he pulls the trigger and takes a shot at the center he needs.

Voracek would be great butI expect a savie deal, if one can be done at all, is "softer" deal than that. Would love to be wrong though.

And for the record, I would take Filtov, young with skill. Buy low.

Tyt, Russell, umberger....would take any of them.
Chia might conclude that cap space is more valuable than a Savard who's less than 100% and probably won't be clicking on all cylinders sooner than next season -- especially if he's already lined up a dramatic use for that cap space.


Last edited by misterjaggers: 01-09-2011 at 12:52 AM.
misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:59 AM
  #57
Strafer
Registered User
 
Strafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: da Hub
Country: United States
Posts: 4,830
vCash: 500
Didn't the title of this thread mention LA too? Everyone is looking at Columbus but the Kings have a decent abount of talent. Maybe they'd be interested in re-uniting Sturm and Savard?

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 01:09 AM
  #58
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
I can't help but find myself praying we're shipping Savard out. He has no chemistry here anymore now that Kessel's gone. We were better without him. Bring Caron back up.
I agree Savard is a bag of crap now,,complete garbage.I would take some of them kids in that world juniors over him right now especially that Russian kid,# 25,.lucky Caps.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 01:51 AM
  #59
SpitfireIX
Registered User
 
SpitfireIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Grenville, Qc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
Agree, Russell is who we need, but disagree it'll take a Kings ransom. He's playing 18-19 minutes, and only has 8 points this year. He's gettable.
Put me down for this one too, Russell is a diamond in the rough. Real puck-movers are hard to find so this is the best route to go to find one.

For those looking for dramatic changes I wouldn't expect any just yet. Remember Chia is "patient" and as long as the team still holds the division lead, regardless of how slim the lead is, he will not do very much.

SpitfireIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 05:21 AM
  #60
Marc Savard
06/15/2011. x3
 
Marc Savard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Buchholz, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
I'd love Brassard in Black'n'Gold.. Maybe even Filatov. But I doubt that.. Otherwise.. Stralman would be nice, too. But is a trade for Stralman the much needed shakeup? I'm not really sure..

Marc Savard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 07:12 AM
  #61
Ryan1019
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Why would we trade our assist leader in Krejci? Everybody is talking about a pmd and I thought Kampfer was filling that role? I could be wrong though. to me it seems like our D tends to forget to help out the goalie more than forgetting to help out the forwards.

Ryan1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:11 AM
  #62
MTaylorJ1
Registered User
 
MTaylorJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1019 View Post
Why would we trade our assist leader in Krejci? Everybody is talking about a pmd and I thought Kampfer was filling that role? I could be wrong though. to me it seems like our D tends to forget to help out the goalie more than forgetting to help out the forwards.
They shouldn't trade Krejci unless it's Krejci + for an even better singular asset.

What's bolded is the problem right now. On a cup contender one person doesn't fill that role on an entire defense, one person fills that role in each pairing. And Chara and Seidenberg aren't really those guys. That's the main issue with this team right now, more so than coaching, system, compete level or any of the other nonsense we read after bad losses. When another team amps up the pressure, the team is simply not capable of transitioning the puck out of their own zone quick enough to make their opponents pay for it. It looks like they're not giving enough effort, but in reality, they're expending all their energy trying to chip pucks out of their own end and battle in front of their own net, playing defense expends much more energy than playing offense. I don't think, personally, that Julien wants to sit back, the problem is, watch the breakout passes when another team is trailing late in a game against us and they're sending extra attackers in. They're terrible, too far in front, in the skates, etc. So the other team easily picks them off in the neutral zone and begins to attack again, huge chain reaction from that sort of thing, no shots, no chance of increasing the lead, line changes aren't on your terms, etc.

They could possibly contend with Kampfer as the 2nd pairing PMD, ideally he'd be your 3rd pairing PMD though.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:43 AM
  #63
TimmyVezina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
I wonder if CBJ fans are talking about our players the way some of you are drooling over theirs?

TimmyVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 09:02 AM
  #64
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
We attack at 11.
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamBam View Post
I wonder if CBJ fans are talking about our players the way some of you are drooling over theirs?
Doubt it.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 09:44 AM
  #65
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
...That's the main issue with this team right now, more so than coaching, system, compete level or any of the other nonsense we read after bad losses. When another team amps up the pressure, the team is simply not capable of transitioning the puck out of their own zone quick enough to make their opponents pay for it. It looks like they're not giving enough effort, but in reality, they're expending all their energy trying to chip pucks out of their own end and battle in front of their own net, playing defense expends much more energy than playing offense. I don't think, personally, that Julien wants to sit back, the problem is, watch the breakout passes when another team is trailing late in a game against us and they're sending extra attackers in. They're terrible, too far in front, in the skates, etc. So the other team easily picks them off in the neutral zone and begins to attack again, ...

They could possibly contend with Kampfer as the 2nd pairing PMD, ideally he'd be your 3rd pairing PMD though.
Agreed. Kampfer helps but he's not enough. Transition continues to be a problem that Chiarelli needs to address.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 10:14 AM
  #66
DaBroons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 884
vCash: 500
Savard is not waving his NTC to move to Columbus; anyone who thinks otherwise is dreaming. I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

That said, Columbus needs a #1 center.

Craig Ramsey is the coach to whom you are referring; Mike Ramsay is not.

Why do you want to trade with one of the worst teams? They don't have a lot of talent; some, but not a lot.

DaBroons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 10:47 AM
  #67
mikelvl
Registered User
 
mikelvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP222 View Post
I really want Nash

What will it seriously take?
Well, let's see, if Mike O'Connell were their GM, it would take something along the likes of Brad Stuart, Sturm, and Primeau....

But seriously, he's not going anywhere ever. The day they trade Rick Nash is the day the franchise folds and moves to Winnipeg or Quebec.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 10:54 AM
  #68
Blowfish
Registered User
 
Blowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: St. Kitts, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,581
vCash: 500
I hope to see a major shake-up...The keepers?

Bergy, Rask, Chara, Segs, Krejci, Lucic.....

Everyone else/draft picks are up for grabs.

Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 10:54 AM
  #69
Blowfish
Registered User
 
Blowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: St. Kitts, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
Agreed. Kampfer helps but he's not enough. Transition continues to be a problem that Chiarelli needs to address.
Transition Mition....it's the offense that needs help.

Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 10:55 AM
  #70
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff
 
PlayMakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,332
vCash: 500
Voracek could be an outstanding RW'er for Krejci. Smart, skilled, good speed and strength, and it seems like Czech/Slovak trained players think the game similarly.

Russell is small, but a legit pmD with upside... Tyutin is also a good player, but not really a ppQB.


Wasn't there a Savard/Columbus rumor this summer? I think there was. First Spezza to CLB came up in the rumor mill, then Savard. But I think most of us believed Savard wouldn't waive his NTC for there, whereas Spezza was rumored to have asked for a trade...

To CLB: Spezza
To OTT: Savard + $3m in cap space
To BOS: ???

PlayMakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:04 AM
  #71
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
Transition Mition....it's the offense that needs help.
Offense begins with a good breakout in the Defensive zone. Brickley often points out this fact in his commentary.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:10 PM
  #72
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 8,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
Agreed. Kampfer helps but he's not enough. Transition continues to be a problem that Chiarelli needs to address.
the lack of a transition game goes well beyond just the defense.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 01:09 PM
  #73
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff
 
PlayMakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
Transition Mition....it's the offense that needs help.
Defenseman don't play offense?

The B's defense is one of the lowest scoring defenses in the league. Just 4 more goals from our D would put the team in the top10 in goals-per-game. 12 more would put us in the top5.

It's an element of this team that's dramatically different from every other 'good' team in the league.

PlayMakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 01:14 PM
  #74
Strange Universe
Registered User
 
Strange Universe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Defenseman don't play offense?

The B's defense is one of the lowest scoring defenses in the league. Just 4 more goals from our D would put the team in the top10 in goals-per-game. 12 more would put us in the top5.

It's an element of this team that's dramatically different from every other 'good' team in the league.

Yes, yes and yes........

It has been starving our PP as well.
this team just needs a PMD and a twick up front and we would be soooooooo much more versatile.

Though, I must say, CJ is starting to get under my skin.
I still cannot understand how he could let his team lose the way it did.
I certainly hope some ramifications will take place with certain players that did not show up to play last night especially in the third period.


Last edited by Strange Universe: 01-09-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Strange Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 01:20 PM
  #75
WhalerTurnedBruin55
Registered User
 
WhalerTurnedBruin55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BruinsterMan View Post
Yes, yes and yes........

It has been starving our PP as well.
this team just needs a PMD and a tweek up front and we would be soooooooo much more versatile.

Though, I must say, CJ is starting to get under my skin.
I still cannot understand how he could let his team lose the way it did.
I certainly hope some ramifications will take place with certain players that did not show up to play last night especially in the third period.
This seems to be a pattern... I can't quite put my finger on it...

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.