Bruins Heavily Scouting LA/CBJ Game

Old
01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
Columbus badly needs defensemen, Boston's strength. They can also take on salary.
When you say strength, you mean an abundance of #5 and #6's

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Voracek could be an outstanding RW'er for Krejci. Smart, skilled, good speed and strength, and it seems like Czech/Slovak trained players think the game similarly.

Russell is small, but a legit pmD with upside... Tyutin is also a good player, but not really a ppQB.

Wasn't there a Savard/Columbus rumor this summer? I think there was. First Spezza to CLB came up in the rumor mill, then Savard. But I think most of us believed Savard wouldn't waive his NTC for there, whereas Spezza was rumored to have asked for a trade...

To CLB: Spezza
To OTT: Savard + $3m in cap space
To BOS: ???
HMMM... interesting. let's say the Bruins get Klesla and save a million. But i would rather get Russell. Or Voracek the Bruins are truly lacking quickness on the wings.

How about to Ottawa: Savard Brassard
CLB Spezza Wheeler Stuart Foligno
Boston Russell Voracek Commodore( i don't want him )

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Bruins2020

Is anybody aware if the B's have sent scouts to watch Springfield? If so, maybe it's a possible multi-player deal with Filatov being involved. I'd take Filatov anyday as he has more offensive upside than anybody in our organization with the possible exception of Seguin.

Bruins2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 03:47 PM
compan

Im willing to bet Nash would love to come to Boston. Just like Kovi and Horton, he must hate being on a team that isnt going anywhere. I could see Columbus trading him to us for Toronto's pick and Krecji so they can have 2 top picks and a good young center.

compan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

I would like Nash to but I don't see how the Bruins could fit them into their cap, they are barely cap compliant as it is.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:54 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins2020 View Post
Is anybody aware if the B's have sent scouts to watch Springfield? If so, maybe it's a possible multi-player deal with Filatov being involved. I'd take Filatov anyday as he has more offensive upside than anybody in our organization with the possible exception of Seguin.
Are the scouts in Springfield to watch Mike Commodore or are there other Blue Jacket prospects with the Falcons that we should be aware of?

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 07:02 AM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

I could see a deal centering around Voracek.It wasn't to long ago the Bluejackets had him sitting in the press box for a couple games.Their looking for a center for Nash,and that's where the Bruins have some depth.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 07:42 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by camorr84 View Post
When you say strength, you mean an abundance of #5 and #6's
Yes, but at least they're good defensive #5s and #6s. Columbus had, until the end of the Kings game, allowed 11 straight goals without scoring a single one. At this point, they could use those stay-at-home, immobile defensive defensemen that Boston has a few of.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 08:39 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Had a brief discussion with Colt last week about Filatov, and I think that if the guy is available at a decent price, the B's should try to include him in a deal for a more mobile d-man (Stralman?). I watched him last week in SPR and it looked like he still possesses the offensive skills that made him such a high pick. When he has the puck on his stick, it's like the calm before the storm, waiting for something to happen. On the other hand, when he doesn't have the puck, he doesn't seem to do a helluva lot, which is probably why he has not made an impact in the NHL.

Personally, I believe that stuff can be corrected in some players, and if Filatov is a "good guy" and willing to work at it, maybe he just needs a change of scenery? He certainly has the skill and speed that the B's could use.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Had a brief discussion with Colt last week about Filatov, and I think that if the guy is available at a decent price, the B's should try to include him in a deal for a more mobile d-man (Stralman?). I watched him last week in SPR and it looked like he still possesses the offensive skills that made him such a high pick. When he has the puck on his stick, it's like the calm before the storm, waiting for something to happen. On the other hand, when he doesn't have the puck, he doesn't seem to do a helluva lot, which is probably why he has not made an impact in the NHL.

Personally, I believe that stuff can be corrected in some players, and if Filatov is a "good guy" and willing to work at it, maybe he just needs a change of scenery? He certainly has the skill and speed that the B's could use.
I'm well aware of Colt's fascination with Filatov...

Interesting scenario...guess we'll see how it plays out.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 08:58 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post

LOL

Actually, Colt was not too over the top about Filatov and the discussion was based more on Hickey (another Colt mancrush ) vs Kampfer. This may be relevant anyway because the deal could be with LA and not CLS, but I had just watched MAN play SPR and was not overly impressed with Hickey. He skates well and makes a good first pass, but there was no "BAM" factor. I actually liked Voynov (sp?) and Teubert much better.

However, I am guessing that Hickey could be had relatively cheaply as LA has a ton of vets and young D ahead of him? He could also be one of those guys that just needs to show his stuff and is better suited for the NHL than AHL?

Kirk, what's your impression of another Colt guy, Kris Russell?

Old
01-10-2011, 09:07 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
LOL

Actually, Colt was not too over the top about Filatov and the discussion was based more on Hickey (another Colt mancrush ) vs Kampfer. This may be relevant anyway because the deal could be with LA and not CLS, but I had just watched MAN play SPR and was not overly impressed with Hickey. He skates well and makes a good first pass, but there was no "BAM" factor. I actually liked Voynov (sp?) and Teubert much better.

However, I am guessing that Hickey could be had relatively cheaply as LA has a ton of vets and young D ahead of him? He could also be one of those guys that just needs to show his stuff and is better suited for the NHL than AHL?

Byfuglien was one of Colt's favorites, too. Shame Boston couldn't have landed him this summer.

Old
01-10-2011, 09:07 AM
ranold26

Filatov doesn't seem like a Bruin mold and/or a Chiarelli type of player.
Voracek is overrated and Kris Russell would slot in 4-5 on our lineup.

One guy on CLB that I haven't seen anyone really discuss is Antoine Vermette. He is a Chiarelli type, they have a history together in OTT, plus he and Bergeron are best friends. I know he isn't a D, but maybe he could be in a package etc. Ryder, Stuart and top prospects etc. Cap hits and term are the keys.

For the record, CLB doesn't have anything that we need imho.
Nash? Keep dreaming.
I'm more inclined to think if we and CLB are talking, its in a three-way deal.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:09 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Voracek is overrated and Kris Russel would slot in 4-5 on our lineup.

One guy on CLB that I haven't seen anyone really discuss is Antoine Vermette. He is a Chiarelli type, they have a history together in OTT, plus he and Bergeron are best friends. I know he isn't a D, but maybe he could be in a package etc.

Nash? Keep dreaming.
Tyutin is the embodiment of what Boston needs on defense, but I agree on Vermette.

Old
01-10-2011, 10:26 AM
bosoxmrkn

Send a message via AIM to bosoxmrkn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
Doesn't matter who we trade for. Once that player gets indoctrinated into Julien's ***ass defensieve system, Crosby and Malkin could be coming here and we'd still go up 5-0 after two periods and end up losing 6-5 in overtime.
Exaggerate much?

bosoxmrkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Voracek is overrated and Kris Russell would slot in 4-5 on our lineup.

One guy on CLB that I haven't seen anyone really discuss is Antoine Vermette. He is a Chiarelli type, they have a history together in OTT, plus he and Bergeron are best friends. I know he isn't a D, but maybe he could be in a package etc. Ryder, Stuart and top prospects etc. Cap hits and term are the keys.

Nash? Keep dreaming.
I've wanted Vermette here since his days in Ott and it looked like he'd end up here a few times since he and Bergy are best friends and I think Bergy had been trying to get him to come here. He'd be a nice addition to a deal as I think the chemistry is already there- I would wonder about long term effects though as this team looks to develop and insert some players into this line up. It may be a good option though.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:

Hasn't done enough production-wise to bring in another undersized 'D' with skill, IMO.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:06 PM
SpitfireIX

Quote:
Hasn't done enough production-wise to bring in another undersized 'D' with skill, IMO.
There isin't any available D-man who has more production that we can attain/fit under the cap. Guys like Russell, Hickey, etc. are our best bet.

SpitfireIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
Byfuglien was one of Colt's favorites, too. Shame Boston couldn't have landed him this summer.
Thanks for redeeming my reputation here bud!

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
At this point I would have to agree. They really buggered his development in CBJ--IMO.

Old
01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
There isin't any available D-man who has more production that we can attain/fit under the cap. Guys like Russell, Hickey, etc. are our best bet.
At this point Russell wont have much more than a Kampfer like impact. While I like Kampfer, it isnt worth making a deal over.

IMO the guy I think the B's ultimately dangle is Krejci. Just a gut feeling. I like DK a lot, but if they can get a good, mobile defenseman and save cap I see them doing it.

Bruwinz37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:

Hey, check your PM in a minute... please!

Old
01-11-2011, 12:15 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
At this point Russell wont have much more than a Kampfer like impact. While I like Kampfer, it isnt worth making a deal over.

IMO the guy I think the B's ultimately dangle is Krejci. Just a gut feeling. I like DK a lot, but if they can get a good, mobile defenseman and save cap I see them doing it.
I look at the deal that PHO just made and they have added another PMD, but lost a guy in Wolski that they must have been counting on for offense this year. I have a hard time believing PHO would make Yandle available, but if I am the B's, I'd certainly take a run at him, and Krejci would be exactly the kind of player they would be looking for in return.

Old
01-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Strange Universe

Quote:
I look at the deal that PHO just made and they have added another PMD, but lost a guy in Wolski that they must have been counting on for offense this year. I have a hard time believing PHO would make Yandle available, but if I am the B's, I'd certainly take a run at him, and Krejci would be exactly the kind of player they would be looking for in return.
Yes, Krecji would most probably be the player PHO would demand in return and I would say yes to it.

Strange Universe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:28 AM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BruinsterMan View Post
Yes, Krecji would most probably be the player PHO would demand in return and I would say yes to it.
I wouldn't go there, Toronto's 1st and Colborne should be enough to land a high end guy without hurting your NHL roster.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote