HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings looking for big splash

Old
01-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
Why not seriously? Vanek is a perennial 30-40 goal scorer, on a team that has had one the worst powerplays for several years running. Stick him on a unit with Kopitar, Doughty, and Johnson, and he's a lock for 40 goals.

Vanek makes 6.4 million for the next 4 years. Is that really that outlandish given his scoring ability?
Last King who scored 40 goals was Luc Robitaille back in......yes 1994....

+ it doesnt matter what Vanek's salary is, cap hit is important.

[QUOTE]Kings fans need to realize that Vanek is a unique talent, not some salary castoff. [QUOTE]Which Kings fan are you talking about ?

Quote:
If they think their playoff chances will improve dramatically by acquiring him (and they most certainly will) then it will take a unique talent heading back to Buffalo to complete the deal. Schenn + is the starting point in any negotiations. And that's quite fair.
I think so too.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 10:54 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTRIANbolt View Post
From thefourthperiod

The Kings have reportedly inquired about Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Francois Beauchemin, Edmonton Oilers forward Ales Hemsky and Buffalo Sabres winger Thomas Vanek.

Specially Vanek - what have the Kings to offer for him?
So the title reads "Kings trying to make a big splash". I come into the thread thinking Nash or something and see Francois Beauchemin.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:02 AM
slip

Quote:
Which Kings fan are you talking about ?

I think so too.

I didn't meant it as an admonishment to Kings fans. More like "look, you want him, it's gonna cost you something of value..."

Cap hit wise, with Smyth coming off the books next year, I think there is some wiggle room to make the deal work.

Again, I think Vanek makes an excellent fit for the Kings. I think he takes your team to the next level. I've been pitching Vanek to the Kings for the past couple of years. I would like to see our teams make a deal that gives you what you need right now, and gives us something to build around.

In any case, LA is building something real good and I wish you folks the best of luck.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Tra La La

Just for the record Vanek has scored 188 goals in 430 games. (that's 36 goals per 82 games) And out of the great 03 draft class no one has scored goals at a better rate. Not Staal,Not Parise,Not Carter, Not Perry.......

But I'm one of the few who doesn't underrate Vanek.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse84 View Post
Montreal--> Schenn - Simmonds - Forbort + ( salary dump)
L.A.------> Cammalleri + 4th 2011

If the Kings want to improve their chance to go far this year
Montreal has a system that does not suit a guy like Cammalleri
Wow thats just

just

wow....

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
piere McGuire*

Moller straight up for Beauchimen?

piere McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:07 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
Quote:

Lombardi traded Cammalleri away, and they don't like each other, so, no.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:07 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
No offense to Beauchemin, but the only way he really fits is when Mitchell is injured.

Scuderi - Doughty
Johnson - Mitchell
Greene - Martinez

We already have 3 strictly defensive defensemen with 3 offensive defensemen. Drewiskie is adequate for the bottom pairing when someone is hurt and if necessary, Muzzin played well in his stint earlier in the year. If Beauchemin comes in, who's out? Martinez? They play pretty different roles and Martinez brings a decent puck moving defenseman to the 3rd pairing that we need and plays on the 2nd PP unit. Lombardi really likes getting a OFD - DFD on every pairing, I just don't see where Beauchemin would fit, especially when we really don't need to add cap to the defense either. He's a good player, but I don't see him getting traded to the Kings.
Beauchemin plays almost 24 minutes a night against the other teams top line. His numbers are actually pretty good playing in front of goalies with save % in the .880. He also has seen 0 PP time and plays on a team that struggles to score goals.

I come here enough to know that any player on Toronto is looked at as pretty useless. But he's better than you are giving him credit for and better than Greene, Martinez, or Dweskie. He's also healthy which Mitchell isn't very often. That said he isn't the second coming of Doughty but he would help the Kings. He's a solid verteran dman that logs a lot of minutes. If you had 6 dmen better then him LA would be a better team than they are.

And the number one reason you need him - Vancouver's defensive depth is what sets them apart - if you want to compete with them you'll need to add. And LA needs to compete with the Canucks if they are interested in winning a cup.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:15 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bozak View Post
From the looks of it, Beauchemin would be LA's #4 or 5 defenceman. Given how he's playing. But I think he's one of those guys that could improve if he's moved out of Toronto. Still blocks a ton of shots. Playoff kind of guy, I think.
So Beauchemin is better than the following D

Scuderi
Greene
WillieM
Doughty
Johnson?

He would be barely equal to Martinez or Dreweskie. Martinez already has 3 goals and a few assists in his handful of games and plays very well both ways. The only D we would be looking at to bring in if you believe we would at all which most Kings fans don't would be a one year rental as a back up for WillieM in case he gets injured again.

And that player would have to be significantly better than FB.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:20 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
So Beauchemin is better than the following D

Scuderi
Greene
WillieM
Doughty
Johnson?

He would be barely equal to Martinez or Dreweskie. Martinez already has 3 goals and a few assists in his handful of games and plays very well both ways. The only D we would be looking at to bring in if you believe we would at all which most Kings fans don't would be a one year rental as a back up for WillieM in case he gets injured again.

And that player would have to be significantly better than FB.
Com'on - he's better than Greene and Mitchell is injured - hence 4-5 dman.

Every player that plays on Toronto isn't useless. Try watching a game or two.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:20 AM
piere McGuire*

Beauchemin

30 years old

25th most minutes per game in the NHL for D
51st most hits in the NHL for D
5th most blocks in the NHl for D

piere McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Com'on - he's better than Greene and Mitchell is injured - hence 4-5 dman.

Every player that plays on Toronto isn't useless. Try watching a game or two.
What a trite and hackneyed response. Just because I have an opinion counter to yours it must mean I don't watch any games or am not familiar with the player.

FB played a ton of hockey in Ana before he became a Leaf and I have actually seen more than a few of his games since he put on the Blue sweater.

By the way what is with the Leafs low self esteem regarding their team? Why make the assumption that people think that all of the Leafs players or even most of the Leafs players are useless?

The Leafs have several players that I would love to have on the Kings, I am simply familiar with FB and he isn't better than Greene or WM, he just isn't. He would be at best a 6th D on our team unless one of our top 5 where injured and like I said, why would we want to make a deal for a depth D man when we don't have room for the D in our system now?

Old
01-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Stats01

All Leaf players get bashed and have no value according to most on here. What people forget is that as a group they look like crap but GM's aren't looking at them on the Leafs, they're looking at them on their team. Someone said earlier, why would LA want Beauchemin...well maybe Lombardi sees Beauchemin as an upgrade somewhere. who knows. Look at Roloson, plays on a crappy team and now TB are benefitting from the trade, Roloson is benefitting from the trade cause now he's playing on a better team. You have to seperate the players on their current teams and realize that omg they might be better if they were on a better team...wow what a concept.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:00 PM
glucker

Quote:
Why not seriously? Vanek is a perennial 30-40 goal scorer, on a team that has had one the worst powerplays for several years running. Stick him on a unit with Kopitar, Doughty, and Johnson, and he's a lock for 40 goals.

Vanek makes 6.4 million for the next 4 years. Is that really that outlandish given his scoring ability?

Over the past couple of years, his commitment to the defensive side of the game has grown. When he skates and backchecks hard, Vanek is actually quite good on the defensive side of the ledger.

Kings fans need to realize that Vanek is a unique talent, not some salary castoff. If they think their playoff chances will improve dramatically by acquiring him (and they most certainly will) then it will take a unique talent heading back to Buffalo to complete the deal.

Schenn + is the starting point in any negotiations. And that's quite fair.
I'm not a Kings fan, I'm a Leafs fan.

It's not a fair starting point.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:00 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

We don't need much for Beauch. A young, potential top 6 forward is all we ask

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:11 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
I'm not a Kings fan, I'm a Leafs fan.

It's not a fair starting point.
So what your saying is we should hold out for two 1st round lottery picks?

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:11 PM
GDU

i know la fans are loath to even entertain the idea of trading schenn, but the oilers have no real need to trade hemsky... they already suck and hemsky has a reasonable salary and hasn't asked to be traded, it's very likely they could throw lots of money at him and re sign long term next year...

that being said, if schenn is available they would listen, i doubt they trade hemsky for anything less though...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 12:24 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Quote:
So what your saying is we should hold out for two 1st round lottery picks?
Wow, never heard THAT one before...

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 01:08 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

When I hear splash I'm hearing and hoping and thinking Nash....seems to be a lot of chatter about it. Nash would be one of the few players I would give up Schenn and Simmonds for. Yes we would have to add more. That is the kind of splash we need to make...ELITE....could Nash be had.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 01:15 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Regarding the OP, Vanek is the only one for whom Schenn would even cross Dean Lombardi's mind. Schenn + 1st and go from there.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 01:18 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
What a trite and hackneyed response. Just because I have an opinion counter to yours it must mean I don't watch any games or am not familiar with the player.

FB played a ton of hockey in Ana before he became a Leaf and I have actually seen more than a few of his games since he put on the Blue sweater.

By the way what is with the Leafs low self esteem regarding their team? Why make the assumption that people think that all of the Leafs players or even most of the Leafs players are useless?

The Leafs have several players that I would love to have on the Kings, I am simply familiar with FB and he isn't better than Greene or WM, he just isn't. He would be at best a 6th D on our team unless one of our top 5 where injured and like I said, why would we want to make a deal for a depth D man when we don't have room for the D in our system now?
Matt Greene does not move the puck well. 2 points this season, 20 shots in 30 games and is one of the worst minuses on the team.

I'd take Beauchemin any day over him. I really hope the Kings acquire him so you can watch him play more minutes than Greene.

Old
01-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Gerbe42
Hodgson 2 Vanek

vCash: 586
Schenn, Tuebert ,1st for Vanek ?

Gerbe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 01:23 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
i know la fans are loath to even entertain the idea of trading schenn, but the oilers have no real need to trade hemsky... they already suck and hemsky has a reasonable salary and hasn't asked to be traded, it's very likely they could throw lots of money at him and re sign long term next year...

that being said, if schenn is available they would listen, i doubt they trade hemsky for anything less though...
While anyone is available for the right price - Hemsky is not going to get you Schenn.

Schenn is a 20 year old building block. Hemsky a fine player hasn't had a full season in 5 years. Those are concerns that would affect his value in a trade.

It would take Hemsky ++ for Schenn. Just like it would take a heck of a lot to get any of the young building blocks Edmonton has in place.

Old
01-09-2011, 01:24 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbe42 View Post
Schenn, Tuebert ,1st for Vanek ?
I would seriously consider that.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 01:27 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Quote:

Instead of their future, they could just give up Willie Mitchell, Tyler Toffoli, and 1st for Cammalleri because Montreal is in need of a veteran D presence and Toffoli and the 1st just seal up the deal

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote