HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky to Preds

Old
01-10-2011, 03:53 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
hate it when you type out a long response, and then you hit send, and have to log in again, and post is gone. oh well.
I know what you mean, I need to copy and save once in a while.

Quote:
yes i was being a little facetious, but still dont think that hemsky would be the star that most hockey fans would bring up when asked about edmonton, that was the point of asking for non stars.
Only this season because we have Hall and Eberle, Hemsky can still get it done and other people that know hockey know what Hemsky is capable of.

Quote:
but at the same time, people asking for a first, plus a player of our roster for a player that has only scored 70 twice in his career, and has never played a whole season either? Im not sure who is forgetting the smiley face now. Wilson will score more goals this year than hemsky has in any of his years, and people are wanting wilson and franson! and maybe more?
Well your 1st wouldn't be the best if Hemsky was brought in your lineup, you guys do have some decent prospects in your organization, so it shouldn't be that big of a loss so if it was for Hemsky it shouldn't be that much of a concern.

Hemsky is capable of scoring more than 23 goals as well but it seems like Wilson is the biggest thing to the Preds since Weber, so I understand his value as your offence is deteriorating.

Quote:
funny that your guys are so much more valuable than our guys, but that is how it works on here. be nice to see this trade actually happen to see what the worth was.
Quote:
and to say that hall is untouchable other than for possibly one of the top five players in nhl history when all said and done is a little crazy as well. maybe you are right..but i would bet that a trade of weber and suter would enitce a few gm's, and what about ovechkin and green? there are trades out there for everyone, and i am betting we are holding on to our heros a lot closer than the gm's are.
Hall is definitely untouchable to the Preds unless Weber or Suter are involved plus 1st rounder and Wilson and I know you should understand Hall's value in Edmonton, obviously if the price is right then we will trade but there is no reason that Edmonton needs to trade their franchise player.

Quote:
i never get involved in these things, because it is always to difficult to get FANS to agree on their teams value. but since i have gotten involved in this one.
We can all dream and have fun being an armchair GM and it's nice to hear other opinions.

i would say Franson/Blum and NJ 2nd for hemsky..and see, that might not be enough, but that is all I would be willing to give up..maybe throw in one of spaling/halishuk/pickard..no take spaling out of there..he is a beast on the PK

just too tough for fans to be gm's if you ask me[/QUOTE]

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 04:39 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Wilson is not going anywhere. He would be the one that would most likely end up centering Hemsky plus hes as untouchable as Weber or Suter. I would give up Franson, COR and NJ 2nd.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 05:32 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Wilson is not going anywhere. He would be the one that would most likely end up centering Hemsky plus hes as untouchable as Weber or Suter. I would give up Franson, COR and NJ 2nd.
I can understand not wanting to move Wilson, the Preds going for Hemsky would be to create more depth, not plug a hold at wing to create one at center. But Franson and two picks aren't enough. Franson, Blum and a pick might do it though.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 05:41 PM
misfit

Quote:
And that doesn't get you Hemsky. The thread was asking what it would take to get Hemsky to Nashville. Since the Oilers have no reason to trade Hemsky, there needs to be some sort of incentive for them to do so. I don't mean to put down those players, but that's just not enough to make them let Hemmer go.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 05:42 PM
lakai17

Hemsky + 3rd rounder for Franson + Lindback + Klein

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 06:02 PM
CornHusk

To Edmonton
Ryan Suter $3.5m
Ryan Ellis $1.47m

To Nashville
Linus Omark $.875m
Jeff Petry $1m
Ales Hemsky $4.1m

everyone wins

CornHusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornHusk View Post
To Edmonton
Ryan Suter $3.5m
Ryan Ellis $1.47m

To Nashville
Linus Omark $.875m
Jeff Petry $1m
Ales Hemsky $4.1m

everyone wins
If Suter or Weber goes we want Hall or Eberle.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 06:31 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
To Edmonton
Ryan Suter $3.5m
Ryan Ellis $1.47m

To Nashville
Linus Omark $.875m
Jeff Petry $1m
Ales Hemsky $4.1m

everyone wins
Except Nashville, lol. You obviously don't realize how good Suter is, or you are overvaluing our guys. And I don't want Ellis. He's too small. Tweaking this one (and its a lot of tweaking),

Suter for Hemsky, Pajaarvi and Calgary's 3rd from the Staios deal(I don't want to move Petry unless we have to).

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 06:36 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
If Suter or Weber goes we want Hall or Eberle.
If we could get Suter locked up long-term, say a 8-10 year extension, I would definitely be willing to part with Eberle.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 06:56 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I can understand not wanting to move Wilson, the Preds going for Hemsky would be to create more depth, not plug a hold at wing to create one at center. But Franson and two picks aren't enough. Franson, Blum and a pick might do it though.
Id probably do that, knowing were getting a healthy Hemsky that is.

Old
01-10-2011, 06:57 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Id probably do that, knowing were getting a healthy Hemsky that is.
Then there really is no point, he's injury prone and his groin is made of glass.

I don't think he'd be a good fit, Penner on the otherhand could be the forward with size the Predators have been lacking.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 06:59 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
To Edmonton
Ryan Suter $3.5m
Ryan Ellis $1.47m

To Nashville
Linus Omark $.875m
Jeff Petry $1m
Ales Hemsky $4.1m

everyone wins
The only way Suter goes is if Hall or Eberle were coming with Hemsky. And Suter isnt getting dealt anytime soon

Old
01-10-2011, 07:01 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Then there really is no point, he's injury prone and his groin is made of glass.

I don't think he'd be a good fit, Penner on the otherhand could be the forward with size the Predators have been lacking.
Penner might be the safer player to trade for both sides even but Hemsky is the kind of finisher we have been searching for since Kariya left. Penner is a notch below imo

Old
01-10-2011, 07:06 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

am I the only one in the HF world that thinks it is idiotic to offer much for a guy who has produced goal scoring seasons of 7, 23, 20, 13, 19, 12, and 6 in his 7 professional seasons? and all those goals in a place where he is the star? getting all the top PP minutes? am i missing something? is he fast? yeah.

a classic case of building a guy up too much. I'd offer up a d prospect not named blum, ellis, or josi and a second at most. maybe franson for him straight up.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 07:07 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Penner might be the safer player to trade for both sides even but Hemsky is the kind of finisher we have been searching for since Kariya left. Penner is a notch below imo
finisher? again...produced goal scoring seasons of 7, 23, 20, 13, 19, 12, and 6 in his 7 professional seasons? what has he finished?

Old
01-10-2011, 07:09 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
am I the only one in the HF world that thinks it is idiotic to offer much for a guy who has produced goal scoring seasons of 7, 23, 20, 13, 19, 12, and 6 in his 7 professional seasons? and all those goals in a place where he is the star? getting all the top PP minutes? am i missing something? is he fast? yeah.

a classic case of building a guy up too much. I'd offer up a d prospect not named blum, ellis, or josi and a second at most. maybe franson for him straight up.
Hes also pretty much a point per game player to when hes healthy. He still has a good bit of years left to and if hes healthy hes as dangerous as anyone.

Old
01-10-2011, 07:12 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post

definition of pure playmaker.

his primary role is to set guys up.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 07:20 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Old
01-10-2011, 07:21 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:

Maybe so, but he would most likely be the highest goal scorer on our team. He would be a finisher on the preds

Old
01-10-2011, 08:17 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:

exactly, what the preds have too much of. pass first guys