HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise to Montreal

Old
01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
I know you're going to get torched for making that assumption about Parise's will to be in NJ, but I can see where you're coming from. Every discussion he's had with the media seems so blase. I can't tell if he's being his usual immaculate professional self or not - but comments like "Things don't always work out perfectly" and the such are very much out of his character.

Larry Brooks put it best - if the Devils cannot sign Parise long-term by this years draft, they NEED to auction him off right there in his home state. They simply can't afford to let him walk for nothing like they did with Niedermayer and Rafalski and Gomez.

For Parise - you KNOW the haul is going to be incredible. Hell, as a Rangers fan, I'd happily give Kreider, McDonagh and our 2011 1st and both 2nds.
Show me a link where he says "Things don't always work out perfectly".

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:27 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
i dont understand how people CONTINUALLY keep saying he doesnt want to be in NJ when absolutely everything he's said, done, implied, etc. points to the contrary
Cause it gives hope to the 29 other teams and their fans to put their hands on him... that's the only reason why poeple keep saying those things.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
Going to have to start with either Subban or Price and then add from there.
Not really, there are cap implication.

Start with Pleks and then add another cheap young roster player (Eller or Patches or Weber) and a prospect or pick.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

While Plek is a good player, he is not on the same level as Parise.

If Montreal wants Parise, it starts with Price + Subban, and even then I'm not sure Lou does it.

Goaltenders don't hold that great of value anymore.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Not really, there are cap implication.

Start with Pleks and then add another cheap young roster player (Eller or Patches or Weber) and a prospect or pick.

if thats what youre starting with, youre not ending with Parise. plain and simple.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Halifaxhab*

While having Parise would be great (next year as this year is basically finished for him) it would not be worth it based on what would be needed to get him into Montreal.

Unless Lou doesn't want him anymore ( )

or

Parise wants out of NJ....don't see it either

One bad year out of the last 15-20, most players in that team can see that Uncle Lou has still given them all they need to succeed, and all players are treated with such class that they WANT to stay.

That being said, I do feel that many here are over evaluating their own assets while undervaluing the other sides (goes both ways unfortunately)

Bottom line Parise stays in the Swamp, and Montreal keeps all of it's youth

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:30 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

PK and Ilya on the same team,it would be like a dream

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
While having Parise would be great (next year as this year is basically finished for him) it would not be worth it based on what would be needed to get him into Montreal.

Unless Lou doesn't want him anymore ( )

or

Parise wants out of NJ....don't see it either

One bad year out of the last 15-20, most players in that team can see that Uncle Lou has still given them all they need to succeed, and all players are treated with such class that they WANT to stay.

That being said, I do feel that many here are over evaluating their own assets while undervaluing the other sides (goes both ways unfortunately)

Bottom line Parise stays in the Swamp, and Montreal keeps all of it's youth

Newark is not a swamp.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov 28 View Post

If Montreal wants Parise, it starts with Price + Subban, and even then I'm not sure Lou does it.

This. Montreal would have to break itself to acquire Parise....Montreal's a decent team with worse organizational depth and they are at the moment relying heavily on Carey Price....who I think is worth all the hype.

If it involves Price, the Habs can't do it...but I wouldn't blame for NJ setting the price there as there are teams out there that could pay up if Parise hits the trade market.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:50 PM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
What would it take to get zach parise.
Max Pacioretty+Subban+2nd 2011
I love how you added the 2nd rounder to make the deal fair .

Whats with Montreal fans their inability to give up a 1st rounder in trade proposals ?

This might be the worst deal ive seen for Parise so far.

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:52 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

as if price gets traded for parise
get real already

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:

it might if the goaltending on your team stinks and everyone knows you need a goalie badly

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
So 3 Gm's get ****ed when trading their superstar... Lou will most probably do the same, correct?

Herp a derp or whatever the **** you were writting
Will Lou be stupid ? I doubt it, but they guy has 1 year of RFA left, who really thinks he's going to sign long-term ?

Quote:

Parise may be a star, but he has 1 left from RFA. If Lou strikes any deal like that, you can guarantee there will be conditional picks and future considerations attached to the deal.

I can see the Devils getting a 1st + good prospect + conditional. If Parse re-signs with the team for long term, then the devils get another 1st round pick.

Essentially, Max Pacioretty, 1st round pick in 2011 + 2nd, or a Yannick Weber type prospect + a Conditional 1st round pick based on Parse signing long-term.

Max Pacioretty ( pretty much ready for the NHL now)
Yannick Weber ( Very close to NHL ready, next year could be his first full year)
1st round pick

1 year of Parse. Good deal, but of course Devils fans will laugh, because they seem to think Parse is worth the ****in' moon + one of Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:

Newark is not a swamp.
To many fans NJ is nicknamed the swamp. Like it or lump it.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:

and that's why there will be no deal for Parise to the Habs. Montreal made a choice to keep Price over Halak long term, they aren't moving him now for a winger and having no goalies down the road. Not a good trading partner (for Parise anyways)

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:57 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:

I understand how good Parise is, but wanting both Price + Subban won't happen. The Habs consider both to be the nucleus of the team for years to come. I can see Price + or Subban +, but not both. Goaltenders may not hold value like before, but if Lou could get a replacement for Brodeur that could be around for 10+ years, I'm sure he would consider it.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Yeesh, Price and Subban for Parise? That's like us trading Brodeur and Niedermayer for Yzerman in 95.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I would like to remind Devils fans that Thornton had scored 70+ and 100+ points + 33 points in 23 games leading up to him being traded for Marco Sturm, Brad Stuart and Wayne Primeau.

I would like to remind Devils fans that Heatley had scored 70+ and 80+ points in the 2 seasons leading up to his departure a long with 2 100 point 50 goal seasons and returning Milan Michalek, Jonathan Cheechoo and a 2nd round pick.

I would like to remind Devils fans that Richards had scored 70+ and 90+ along with a conn smythe trophy before being dealt for Mike Smith, Jeff Halpern Jussi Jokinen and a 4th. Johan Holmqvist was with Richards

So, yes, Parise really does deserve a cache of young prospects. Yup, or Montréal can wait a year and he'll be on the FA markets.

Herp a derp ? Durrrrr.
Heatley was in the middle of a very public dispute with ownership. He wanted out and everyone in Ottawa wanted HIM out. Everyone knew damn well that Murray wasn't going to get market value for him.

Richards had a colossal 7.8M contract back when the cap wasn't that high, he was having a disappointing season and Mike Smith was seriously challenging to be a #1 goalie at the time.

Thornton, well. That was just a very bad trade.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

People saying Price AND Subban are just foolish. The most fair one would be Subban Patches and a 1st, but NJ would probably not even take this. They are in some serious trouble with parise...

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Habiton

Cammalleri + Subban + Pick

OR

Cammalleri + Eller + 1st Round 2011 + Pick

They will need to replace his goal scoring somewhere...although this doesn't address the salary need.

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
People saying Price AND Subban are just foolish. The most fair one would be Subban Patches and a 1st, but NJ would probably not even take this. They are in some serious trouble with parise...
Exactly, they wouldn't. They would ask for Price and Subban, both sides would say No. And then NJ would look elsewhere to a team that can pony up the assets because there are several teams in the league in a position to give up for Parise without crippling themselves.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
as if price gets traded for parise
get real already
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
it might if the goaltending on your team stinks and everyone knows you need a goalie badly

lol.

thats why the goalies in the stanley cup finals last year were michael leighton, who currently doesnt have a job, and antti niemi, who has sucked this year so far

right. keep telling yourself that parise wouldnt land at LEAST price and then some in a trade

Old
01-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post

based on WHAT exactly? where are all these people getting things like this from?

Old
01-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:

Not to tear into you personally but I've been reading Price+ for four pages now, why would the habs trade a 23 year old potential franchise goalie, and a 21 year old potential top pairing dman to an eastern conference rival? And at the same time why does New jersey trade a 90 point player in the prime of his career? Look at the devils without him, Montreal definately has the assets to land a Parise type player, but the only way to do it is at the expense of our future. We aren't a cup contending team this year, if we were maybe it would be different, but than again we wouldn't be a cup contender with Parise leading our team and AULD in net.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
lol.

thats why the goalies in the stanley cup finals last year were michael leighton, who currently doesnt have a job, and antti niemi, who has sucked this year so far

right. keep telling yourself that parise wouldnt land at LEAST price and then some in a trade
Value wise it makes sense, Habs trading Price doesn't and that's why I doubt we see a trade involving Parise to Montreal unless the Devils are ok with getting screwed

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote