HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha/Ovechkin

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Prucha/Ovechkin

Talk state side of the Atlantic is that Capital boss George McPhee is so impressed with Petr that the name "Ovechkin" is on the table in the form of a swap of first round picks plus Prucha.

Wunderkind Alex Ovechkin has purer tools than does Prucha. But he is nowhere near as ready for the NHL as is the kid from Pardubice in the Czech Republic.

http://www.leaderboard.com/~1/RODENTYB.HTM

Interesting...could Prucha be better than we think he is?

Old
06-24-2004, 09:10 PM
DarthSather99

This rumor is OLD. Even the writer said it was not likely to happen...more like a slight possibility. The rangers will not and should not go after Ovechukin, they are rebuilding their whole team and what it would take to get him would devastate our prospect pool which is already fragile.

Old
06-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
This rumor is OLD. Even the writer said it was not likely to happen...more like a slight possibility. The rangers will not and should not go after Ovechukin, they are rebuilding their whole team and what it would take to get him would devastate our prospect pool which is already fragile.
On the other hand if Sather does not plan to give prospects like Prucha, Immonen, Lundqvist and Kondratiev a contract, then their talent just goes to waste somewhere else. If he doesn't plan to bring them over any time soon then he might as well package some of them for a player that he will bring over.

Old
06-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
On the other hand if Sather does not plan to give prospects like Prucha, Immonen, Lundqvist and Kondratiev a contract, then their talent just goes to waste somewhere else. If he doesn't plan to bring them over any time soon then he might as well package some of them for a player that he will bring over.
Extremely true. It just pisses me off when these so called "great prospects" just disappear one day.

Old
06-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Dgrohl8

Keep Prucha screw AO im telling you if we trade they way we need to we can walk away with Barker (if were lucky) and if not him Thelen and a guy like ladd,Shremp, or my 2 favorites olesv and Radulov and i think we should also trade up from 24 so r draft looks like
Thelen,Radulov,Olesv

Old
06-24-2004, 09:48 PM
NYblades

The Capitals will listen to offers right up until their pick comes up but it won't change their thinking. Ovechkin will sell tickets, the Caps are not going to trade the pick.

Old
06-24-2004, 09:49 PM
Balej20*

If im trading up at all, i personally would take Malkin anyway. Will cost less, and he has less pressure on him, plus i have heard he may be flat out better in the long run.

Old
06-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Who said he's not bringing them over? Let's pretend for a second that the Ranger brass has one brain between all of them. They aren't going to let their best prospects walk. If they would then why sign Pock?

Old
06-25-2004, 01:19 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Who said he's not bringing them over? Let's pretend for a second that the Ranger brass has one brain between all of them. They aren't going to let their best prospects walk. If they would then why sign Pock?
I don't understand what one (letting their best prospects walk) has to do with the other. Pck was never drafted, the Rangers signed him as a free agent, while the Rangers hold the rights to the Europeans mentioned and are in absolutely no danger of losing them unless there is no interest in having them in the organization in the first place.

And in each case it could be argued that the best thing for these prospects (Prucha, Immonen, Lundqvist and Kondratiev) is to leave them exactly where they are. With the strong possibility of a lockout and a limited number of roster spots open in Hartford, they will all get significant playing time in their respective leagues, against solid talent--in many cases players who have played in either the NHL or AHL or both.

Old
06-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I don't understand what one (letting their best prospects walk) has to do with the other. Pck was never drafted, the Rangers signed him as a free agent, while the Rangers hold the rights to the Europeans mentioned and are in absolutely no danger of losing them unless there is no interest in having them in the organization in the first place.

And in each case it could be argued that the best thing for these prospects (Prucha, Immonen, Lundqvist and Kondratiev) is to leave them exactly where they are. With the strong possibility of a lockout and a limited number of roster spots open in Hartford, they will all get significant playing time in their respective leagues, against solid talent--in many cases players who have played in either the NHL or AHL or both.
My point was this: The Rangers are going for youth. I have no problem leaving those players if their is a lockout, but Prucha said Sather wasn't going to sign them at all. I'm just saying the Rangers aren't going to sit back and lose the rights. I used Pock to show that the Rangers are serious about bringing in, and using young players. I doubt they sign Pock for the max if they didn't have the intention of using him. Hence, they aren't going to aquire youth just to lose it for nothing considering they are obviously intent on playing youth.

If I went around a bit I apologize.... barely awake here

Old
06-25-2004, 01:36 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
My point was this: The Rangers are going for youth. I have no problem leaving those players if their is a lockout, but Prucha said Sather wasn't going to sign them at all. I'm just saying the Rangers aren't going to sit back and lose the rights. I used Pock to show that the Rangers are serious about bringing in, and using young players. I doubt they sign Pock for the max if they didn't have the intention of using him. Hence, they aren't going to aquire youth just to lose it for nothing considering they are obviously intent on playing youth.

Seems to me that Sather is not too much in a hurry to get these good young players over to North America. Even AHL would be a step in the right direction if there is a lockout, but instead he is content giving spots to rejects like Giroux and Dusablon.

Old
06-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:

OK, but, the cynic who has watched Sather could make a strong argument that Sather is only amassing trading chips and that he has no intention of building around the prospects he's recently acquired.. I hope you are right...

Old
06-25-2004, 01:52 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Seems to me that Sather is not too much in a hurry to get these good young players over to North America. Even AHL would be a step in the right direction if there is a lockout, but instead he is content giving spots to rejects like Giroux and Dusablon.
I strongly disgree. There is way too much uncertainty in the hockey world between the labor problems here and the lack of a transfer agreement internationally. Plus the fact that most of these players have not outgrown the situation they are in and can all benefit from another year where they are currently. Each of the leagues we are talking about have quality players--in many cases players who are better than in the AHL--and are generally seen as equal to or better than the AHL. They all play less games than the AHL--leaving more room for practice and the possiblility of playing in international competitions. I suppose you could make the argument that they need to acclimate to the smaller rinks, but with the exception of Lundqvist--who's in a different situation because of the need to make sure both he and Blackburn get to play in enough games, something not guaranteed if they are both with the Wolfpack--that really isn't a big issue for skaters. Plenty of them--Johnsson, Hlavac, Zidlicky to name 3 from the Ranger organizaiton--jump right in successfully,when they are ready.

Part of the process of rebuilding involves waiting and patience. A large part. It's easy to acquire or draft solid prospects. It's a lot harder to wait until they are truly ready for the NHL.

Old
06-25-2004, 02:41 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Would you really consider Giroux and Dusablon rejects? I've heard good things about Giroux and JD had a love affair with Dusablon when he was with the big club for a few games.

Old
06-25-2004, 02:54 AM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrohl8
Keep Prucha screw AO im telling you if we trade they way we need to we can walk away with Barker (if were lucky) and if not him Thelen and a guy like ladd,Shremp, or my 2 favorites olesv and Radulov and i think we should also trade up from 24 so r draft looks like
Thelen,Radulov,Olesv

*Takes on a thoughtful look* Good point....

Old
06-25-2004, 08:54 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Would you really consider Giroux and Dusablon rejects? I've heard good things about Giroux and JD had a love affair with Dusablon when he was with the big club for a few games.

From what I saw, I wasn't impressed, I don't see them having much success in NHL.

Old
06-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
There is way too much uncertainty in the hockey world between the labor problems here and the lack of a transfer agreement internationally. Plus the fact that most of these players have not outgrown the situation they are in and can all benefit from another year where they are currently.
This is the correct interpretation.

Closed Thread