HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Pick up Brodeur off free agency?

Old
01-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Switch07

vCash: 500
Pick up Brodeur off free agency?

Martin Brodeur has been sitting on the free agent list in my league for the last two weeks. He's shown a little bit of spark the last few days so I'm wondering if he's worth a pickup in case he turns it around?

I have Lundqvist and Kipper as my two goalies right now (W, GAA, SV%, S/O), I'd probably end up dropping Bergeron (just riding his hot streak) and using Brodeur as my 3rd.

Is he worth picking up in hopes of a turn-around? or should I keep riding on King Henrik and Kipper?

Switch07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 10:33 AM
jarek

Lol. GL with Brodeur and may the force be with you, because it most certainly isn't with him.

jarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Switch07

Hah yea well thats why I'm asking. He's had a very recent run looking like his old self. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on him the next couple games.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:03 PM
BluelineHammer

who lol?

BluelineHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
fastvoteman

He's on quite the run this year, he's running away from Devils owners with 5.2 million dollars.

fastvoteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
nyr199435

I feel like this question will keep popping up over the season regarding Brodeur. He just hasn't been himself, and the combo of him getting older and the Devils being just dreadful doesn't help his case any. When he's on his game, he's one of the best fantasy goalies in the league, but I don't know if he'll ever be on his game again. If you're deep at center, it might be worth the gamble of dropping of Bergeron. It's a huge pickup IF he regains form, but that's a BIG "if".

nyr199435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:22 PM
jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr199435 View Post
I feel like this question will keep popping up over the season regarding Brodeur. He just hasn't been himself, and the combo of him getting older and the Devils being just dreadful doesn't help his case any. When he's on his game, he's one of the best fantasy goalies in the league, but I don't know if he'll ever be on his game again. If you're deep at center, it might be worth the gamble of dropping of Bergeron. It's a huge pickup IF he regains form, but that's a BIG "if".
It will pop up the whole year because Brodeur is always capable of getting a shutout. Problem is, is a shutout or a good game once in a while more valuable than consistently good production from another player?

Old
01-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Garbage Goal

Only reason to pick up Brodeur is so you can keep him around in hopes of him returning to form.

So, if you do pick him up, don't play him. Just let him ride the bench until he proves that he's worth playing.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 05:06 PM
jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Only reason to pick up Brodeur is so you can keep him around in hopes of him returning to form.

So, if you do pick him up, don't play him. Just let him ride the bench until he proves that he's worth playing.
Not everyone can afford to do that.

Old
01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
People in this thread can act like you're crazy for even considering it, but you'd be crazy not to do it. The Devils blow—bad—and Brodeur has been part of the reason. But keep in mind that he missed a good chunk of the season with injury, and looked his worst since returning from it.

With 40 games left in the Devils schedule, expect Brodeur to start roughly 30 of them. While I don't expect them to completely turn it around, I bet Brodeur will get another 13-15 wins over the course of the rest of the year, with a couple of shutouts.

That's not bad for a #3 fantasy goalie, especially when it only costs you roster space to pick him up.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jareklajkosz View Post
Not everyone can afford to do that.
Then don't pick him up in the first place.

Old
01-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Switch07

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
People in this thread can act like you're crazy for even considering it, but you'd be crazy not to do it. The Devils blowóbadóand Brodeur has been part of the reason. But keep in mind that he missed a good chunk of the season with injury, and looked his worst since returning from it.

With 40 games left in the Devils schedule, expect Brodeur to start roughly 30 of them. While I don't expect them to completely turn it around, I bet Brodeur will get another 13-15 wins over the course of the rest of the year, with a couple of shutouts.

That's not bad for a #3 fantasy goalie, especially when it only costs you roster space to pick him up.
This is exactly why I was asking. Everyone I talked to thought I was crazy for considering it.

Anyways, another manager in my league snagged him tonight so i guess its out of the question either way.

Old
01-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch07 View Post
This is exactly why I was asking. Everyone I talked to thought I was crazy for considering it.

Anyways, another manager in my league snagged him tonight so i guess its out of the question either way.
I'd say it's pretty crazy too.

Old
01-23-2011, 04:40 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Five wins in his last six games.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote