HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leaf Practices

Old
01-10-2011, 10:20 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

vCash: 500
Leaf Practices

Hey all,

I'm coming to Toronto on Thursday, January 20th. Going to the Leafs/Caps game on Saturday the 22nd. Staying in town for the weekend and flying back out west on Monday night.

I'm looking to get my new jersey signed. I've read on another board about people going to the MasterCard practice facility and catching players as they head off the ice. I'm looking to do this but have no idea how possible it is lol. Anyone here done it? Any tips/words of advice? I'd assume the leafs don't skate there on gamedays, but the days before (thursday and friday) they would; correct?

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:26 PM
LeafsFan4281

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Hey all,

I'm coming to Toronto on Thursday, January 20th. Going to the Leafs/Caps game on Saturday the 22nd. Staying in town for the weekend and flying back out west on Monday night.

I'm looking to get my new jersey signed. I've read on another board about people going to the MasterCard practice facility and catching players as they head off the ice. I'm looking to do this but have no idea how possible it is lol. Anyone here done it? Any tips/words of advice? I'd assume the leafs don't skate there on gamedays, but the days before (thursday and friday) they would; correct?
lol its pretty unlikely unless you throw your jersey onto the ice

LeafsFan4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 03:19 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Coming in from the Gardner on Kipling turn right into the parking lot go all the way around to the apparent front of the building (where the main parking lot is). When facing the front doors there are numbered parking spots around the side on the right, that is where the leafs park. They practice any off day before a home game or any off day at which they are in Toronto still. If you get there around 8 oclock you meet them arriving and catch them going into the building and get an autograph. They car pool and ****, check out phaneufs mazerati or kessel's escalade haha... Otherwise they start getting on the ice at 11:00 and practice starts at 11:30 till like 1, you can only watch through the glass cant actually go into the rink. When they get off wait around till like 3 i think and you can catch them leaving. They have the numbered spots reserved till 3:30 so they leave before then.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 03:55 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Coming in from the Gardner on Kipling turn right into the parking lot go all the way around to the apparent front of the building (where the main parking lot is). When facing the front doors there are numbered parking spots around the side on the right, that is where the leafs park. They practice any off day before a home game or any off day at which they are in Toronto still. If you get there around 8 oclock you meet them arriving and catch them going into the building and get an autograph. They car pool and ****, check out phaneufs mazerati or kessel's escalade haha... Otherwise they start getting on the ice at 11:00 and practice starts at 11:30 till like 1, you can only watch through the glass cant actually go into the rink. When they get off wait around till like 3 i think and you can catch them leaving. They have the numbered spots reserved till 3:30 so they leave before then.
THIS is what I was looking for! thanks.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:15 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
THIS is what I was looking for! thanks.
Anytime!

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Cool Beans Man

Isn't there a Metro Open Practice promotion on the morning of the 22nd? Could work out well.

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 07:55 PM
KINgGh0sT

What player do you want to get is the real question.

KINgGh0sT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:13 PM
unstuck

Quote:

Phaneuf has a maserati?? Flashy B@sterd...

unstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:55 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans Man View Post
Isn't there a Metro Open Practice promotion on the morning of the 22nd? Could work out well.
Please...go on... haha. Details please! (and thanks)

Old
01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Cool Beans Man

Quote:
I will let you know tomorrow, I'm not 100% positive on the event just thought I heard something, so I will keep you posted.

Old
01-10-2011, 10:25 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
You think ehhh, sounds like you got it down to a science

TeamBester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Cool Beans Man

Quote:
Okay. On the 22nd is Metro Open Practice. Doors open at 8 am and the practice is 830. Free to attend. You can come and watch the Leafs practice. Also, if the Capitals have a morning skate you can attend that as well. There is no official autograph signing however. You may have luck trying as you would for a game, or you can just add it to your Leafs "To Do" List while you're in town.

Old
01-11-2011, 03:48 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Okay. On the 22nd is Metro Open Practice. Doors open at 8 am and the practice is 830. Free to attend. You can come and watch the Leafs practice. Also, if the Capitals have a morning skate you can attend that as well. There is no official autograph signing however. You may have luck trying as you would for a game, or you can just add it to your Leafs "To Do" List while you're in town.
Srry to sound like a noob, not from TO; where is this?

Quote:
You may have luck trying as you would for a game
How would I do this?

Old
01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Cool Beans Man

Quote:
Srry to sound like a noob, not from TO; where is this?

How would I do this?
Sorry I should have been more clear. Its at the ACC. Metro is just the sponsor.

Also, as far as getting the autograph, I meant just as the posters above have suggested. I've never tried or know how to, it just seemed like some knew where players entered/exited the building.

Old
01-11-2011, 05:04 PM
KINgGh0sT

Remeber Kessel only signs for Kids and OV doesn't sign in Canada due to exclusive contract.

Old
01-19-2011, 03:15 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Sorry I should have been more clear. Its at the ACC. Metro is just the sponsor.

Also, as far as getting the autograph, I meant just as the posters above have suggested. I've never tried or know how to, it just seemed like some knew where players entered/exited the building.
Can't find any info on google. Anyone got a link? thanks

Old
03-03-2011, 11:50 PM
KINgGh0sT

Anyone know where to go at the ACC to try and catch players? I wanna get Toews and Kane to sign my NHL 10 and 11

Old
12-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Twist and Shout

Quote:
Anyone do this?

The kid cousins got Kessel and Reimer jerseys for Christmas and I wanted to take them down to watch a practice in the next week and maybe get a handshake from their favourite players.

Heard there's an outdoor practice January 4 but I take it there will be too many people to expect anything more than just the novelty of watching a public practice.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:27 AM
KesselPhaneufTML

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINgGh0sT View Post
Remeber Kessel only signs for Kids and OV doesn't sign in Canada due to exclusive contract.
Is 15 considered kid?

KesselPhaneufTML is offline   Reply With Quote