HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Suggestions for tight fitting gloves

Old
11-13-2016, 10:36 PM
RockTheRed8

vCash: 500
Suggestions for tight fitting gloves

Hey guys, was hoping I could get some suggestions here since I'm looking for something fairly specific in my next pair of gloves and can't seem to find definite info on any that I've been looking at.

I currently have a pair of Eagle Talon gloves(https://www.totalhockey.com/product/...s/itm/6907-41/) and have absolutely loved them, but sadly I need some new gloves and can't find those in size 15 anywhere. When I got those, I wanted something that fit very tightly and actually had seen some reviews complaining that they fit too tight and take more effort than the person thought it should to take off... In the Ice Warehouse video review for them I noticed it looked that way when the guy took it off and thought hey, perfect for me, I like them really tight as long as I still have free movement in my wrist.

Turned out I absolutely love them, but since I can't find another pair in my size anywhere, I was trying to look out for any that had similar reviews with no luck. I watched plenty of review videos like a weirdo wanting to watch them take the gloves off to see how tight they seem, but they never show them taking the gloves off With no hockey shop anywhere near me, trying them on isn't an option so I was hoping someone here could give me any suggestions.

A few I was kind of looking at were the CCM 30K KFS, Eagle Talon 100 Pro(seems like it might be a somewhat safe bet as hopefully a newer version of really similar), and the STX Surgeon 500; I'd obviously be open to any suggestions that you think sound like what I'd like though.

Thanks!

RockTheRed8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Bondoao1

It looks like they have 15" Talon's at Hockey monkey.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/equipmen...n-100-pro.html

Bondoao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2016, 03:09 PM
RockTheRed8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondoao1 View Post
It looks like they have 15" Talon's at Hockey monkey.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/equipmen...n-100-pro.html
Appreciate it, those aren't the same Eagle Talon gloves though... But they are one of the options I was considering, thinking it might be a pretty safe bet as hopefully very similar gloves.

Old
11-14-2016, 05:28 PM
AIREAYE

The current Talons don't fit the exact same as the 1st gen, which is what you have (I have a pair as well).

I would recommend the 30K or Warrior Covert series. Bauer Supreme if you can't find any of those^.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2016, 10:49 PM
RockTheRed8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
The current Talons don't fit the exact same as the 1st gen, which is what you have (I have a pair as well).

I would recommend the 30K or Warrior Covert series. Bauer Supreme if you can't find any of those^.
Thanks man.

Old
11-15-2016, 08:37 AM
gswift

I think the Talon 90 is still an option for custom gloves on the Eagle website, if you're willing to go that route....

gswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2016, 07:45 PM
althoma1

I also prefer tighter gloves and am enjoying the Easton Hsx gloves I picked up on clearance recently. The Stx surgeon 500s are also very nice. I demoed them at an event and really liked them.

althoma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 02:46 AM
bumperb

My glove came in. I was originally a little bummed I couldn't get a 14 but I actually prefer the fit of a 13.

bumperb is offline   Reply With Quote