HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

OT: Sixers take Andre Igoudala

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2004, 07:28 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
OT: Sixers take Andre Igoudala

Would have liked to see Jameer Nelson, but he doesn't best fit the team's (or AI's) needs. If Iverson is going to shoot 40 times a game, someone has to go get it. GREAT pick for the Sixers.

I hope Billy King swings something to end up with Delonte West as well. I'd be excited to see him with the Sixers, since Jameer Nelson won't (he will be taken within the next 3 or 4 picks)

Old
06-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Mongoose

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mongoose
I agree. Igoudala is a great defender that hussles his tail off. Billy King finnaly did something right for our franchise. I doubt however that we will get Delonte, being that we dont have another pick. Unless we trade away Snow and/or Mckie. But i'm very excited about him.

Old
06-24-2004, 08:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Jameer Nelson still on the board at 19 (and I dont think the Heat will take him). Jim O'Brien said he wasn't a top 10 pick, he might not even be a top 20 pick.

I guess thats why I live at a hockey message board and not a basketball hockey board

Old
06-24-2004, 08:29 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Jameer Nelson goes to Denver!!!!! He gets to play with Carmelo Anthony. They are my team out West in the NBA, I'll sure watch them, hopefully they pick up Delonte West as well

David Aldridge thinks he will be traded since the Nuggest already have Andre Miller and Earl Boykins, but Boykins is old, and Miller is big he could probably play PF if he wanted to.

Maybe the Sixers will trade for him

Last edited by GKJ: 06-24-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old
06-24-2004, 08:47 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Jameer Nelson goes to Denver!!!!! He gets to play with Carmelo Anthony. They are my team out West in the NBA, I'll sure watch them, hopefully they pick up Delonte West as well

David Aldridge thinks he will be traded since the Nuggest already have Andre Miller and Earl Boykins, but Boykins is old, and Miller is big he could probably play PF if he wanted to.

Maybe the Sixers will trade for him
I would love a deal for Miller - take anything from the roster except the current pick and AI - heck I would even deal AI and next years second if I get Miller, Nelson and a first next year.

Old
06-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Mongoose

Send a message via AIM to Mongoose
nelson got traded to orlando for a future first rounder

delonte got picked at 24 by boston

Old
06-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Diesel

Unlike some people, I do think Jameer can be a starting PG in this league, but he wouldn't have been worth it at the 9th pick and he's not going to score like he did in college. Of course, when I say that I just mean that he's not going to score 18-20 points a game. 12-14 a game is more realistic a few years down the road. He's a true point guard, though, and if he spreads the ball around the way he's capable of doing, he could be a good player and possibly an all star. Great pick up for the Magic.

As far as the Sixer's pick, you gotta love Igoudala. He's a great athlete and can play 3 positions. ESPN had him ranked 4th on their board, so this could very well be a steal for the Sixers. In the press conference, Billy King mentioned that Igoudala really wanted to play for the Sixers, too. He's not a pure shooter, but he's not going to be throwing up bricks all night long either. The Sixers still desparately need someone who can shoot, but all of the pure shooters in this draft wouldn't have been worth taking at the 9th pick because they were very one dimensional (i.e. J.R. Smith).

Hopefully this means we'll see more of Iverson at the point. I still say he is the best point guard on this team.

Old
06-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

I will continue to root againt the Sixers and other non-Flyers Philadelphia teams, just because I'm a bitter and potentially jealous Flyers fan. There, I said it.

Old
06-25-2004, 03:41 AM
Shane

Is this the dude that was on Late Night with Conan O'Brien tonight? I didn't catch the guy's full name, but his first name was Andre and he was drafted into the NBA today.

Old
06-25-2004, 06:33 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Is this the dude that was on Late Night with Conan O'Brien tonight? I didn't catch the guy's full name, but his first name was Andre and he was drafted into the NBA today.

Yeah, Im pretty sure that would be him

Old
06-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Yeah, Im pretty sure that would be him
What an odd guest to be on Conan O'brien?! Are you sure it was Andre' Igoudala? I guess the tried to get Dwight Howard and went on down the list until one of the top ten picks agreed to come on the show?!

Old
06-26-2004, 08:49 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
What an odd guest to be on Conan O'brien?! Are you sure it was Andre' Igoudala? I guess the tried to get Dwight Howard and went on down the list until one of the top ten picks agreed to come on the show?!
Well he was the only guy named 'Andre' in the draft. I didn't watch the show.

Closed Thread