HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you approve of Tambo doing at the next draft?

Old
01-13-2011, 02:05 PM
rosemount289

vCash: 500
[B]What would you like him to do? Trade Hemsky for a checking line center, a crappy prospect and a 2nd rounder just so that he could say he did something at the draft?

And for your information, he did trade Nash for a 2nd rounder which is looking to be a great selection right now.

And what do you mean what he ALWAYS does? Last draft was the first one that he was making all the decisions. In the past with Edmonton and Vancouver he didn't have the ability to make any decisions.

That doesn't mean I'm saying that he's sure to make some big headlines, but the dude definitely tries. You obviously didn't watch the draft on TSN.

Every five or ten minutes you could hear people comment that Tambolini was trying to make a deal to get another pick in the first round with Cogliano and a mid round pick.

Several times they mentioned that Tambolini was trying to make a move to get the 1st and 2nd overall pick. Tambolini was offering a package that was based around Hemsky, but Boston wanted Hemsky + Eberle and Tambolini felt he couldn't pay that much to draft both Hall and Sequin.

Jeez. It's not even the trade deadline and this dude is so bitter. I can't imagine the crap he's going to be spitting out if Edmonton doesn't make a big move at the TDL.[/QUOT

I don't know how you can tell if one is bitter...........by reading a post on a hockey forum............??? I am not bitter..........if you been a regular of this forum you should know the MO of Mr. Tambollini..........he is not a risk taker, does not make BIG deals and is slow on the draw..............why do you think Tambollini was passed over by Vancouver and other teams?

Last edited by rosemount289: 01-13-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: bold the quote
rosemount289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 02:10 PM
rosemount289

vCash: 500
[/QUOTE]What would you like him to do? Trade Hemsky for a checking line center, a crappy prospect and a 2nd rounder just so that he could say he did something at the draft?

And for your information, he did trade Nash for a 2nd rounder which is looking to be a great selection right now.

And what do you mean what he ALWAYS does? Last draft was the first one that he was making all the decisions. In the past with Edmonton and Vancouver he didn't have the ability to make any decisions.

That doesn't mean I'm saying that he's sure to make some big headlines, but the dude definitely tries. You obviously didn't watch the draft on TSN.

Every five or ten minutes you could hear people comment that Tambolini was trying to make a deal to get another pick in the first round with Cogliano and a mid round pick.

Several times they mentioned that Tambolini was trying to make a move to get the 1st and 2nd overall pick. Tambolini was offering a package that was based around Hemsky, but Boston wanted Hemsky + Eberle and Tambolini felt he couldn't pay that much to draft both Hall and Sequin.

Jeez. It's not even the trade deadline and this dude is so bitter. I can't imagine the crap he's going to be spitting out if Edmonton doesn't make a big move at the TDL.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you can tell if one is bitter...........by reading a post on a hockey forum............??? I am not bitter..........if you been a regular of this forum you should know the MO of Mr. Tambollini..........he is not a risk taker, does not make BIG deals and is slow on the draw..............why do you think Tambollini was passed over by Vancouver and other teams???

Last edited by rosemount289: 01-13-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: double post please delete
rosemount289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 03:00 PM
ExOilerFan
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
I'm not really impressed with Couturier to be honest, and Landeskog just got injured so I don't really know about him. We are terrible on defense so I think the best pick for us would be Larsson. He could probably even step in right away because we are so anemic on defense.

Whitney Gilbert

Foster Smid

Peckham Larsson

ExOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote