HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Super Skills

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
  #1
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 500
Super Skills

Just wondering who won the events? Saw that Kotalik shot a 105.1MPH shot on sports highlights, what did Babchuck shoot?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:20 PM
  #2
BurnEmUp
Registered User
 
BurnEmUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
Babchuk shot 103 mph IIRC.

Moss won fastest skater, and Bourque went 4 for 4 in the shooting drill. I think Iggy and Stajan tied for 2nd with 4 out of 5.

That's all I know.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:23 PM
  #3
goodsauce
Registered User
 
goodsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Fastest Skater- David Moss
Shooting Accuracy- Rene Bourque 4 for 4
Hardest Shot- Kotalik, Babchuk shot a respectable 103.6 or something around there, on a different day he could shoot faster than Kotalik.


Honorable mention, Karlsson fistpumped when he stoned Iggy in the breakaway competition.

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:45 PM
  #4
saillias
Registered User
 
saillias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Sutter admitted he wasn't aware of Kotalik's or Backlund's shot. Props for admitting his mistake... but damn Sutter. Know your ****ing players. Do they not shoot in practice?

Wonder if he ever had any idea last year that Sjostrom is good in the shootout.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 03:35 PM
  #5
BurnEmUp
Registered User
 
BurnEmUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Sutter admitted he wasn't aware of Kotalik's or Backlund's shot. Props for admitting his mistake... but damn Sutter. Know your ****ing players. Do they not shoot in practice?

Wonder if he ever had any idea last year that Sjostrom is good in the shootout.
Please tell me you are kidding. Please?

If the average fan knows Kotalik has a bomb for a shot, how the he11 does an NHL coach that sees him in practice every day not know?

Unbelievable.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 04:07 PM
  #6
Signature
One brick at a time.
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,929
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
Please tell me you are kidding. Please?

If the average fan knows Kotalik has a bomb for a shot, how the he11 does an NHL coach that sees him in practice every day not know?

Unbelievable.
Maybe, but Kotalik doesn't seem to play around the hash marks or the point on the PP - without utilizing a position on the ice, there's certain shots you don't see from players, i.e. a wrist shot vs the prevalence of seeing a one-timer from the point.

Don't like it but it happens... and it's better than he know snow than never?

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 06:04 PM
  #7
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys View Post
Maybe, but Kotalik doesn't seem to play around the hash marks or the point on the PP - without utilizing a position on the ice, there's certain shots you don't see from players, i.e. a wrist shot vs the prevalence of seeing a one-timer from the point.

Don't like it but it happens... and it's better than he know snow than never?
Kotalik always played the point on the PP until he became a Flame... its widely known about his bomb... but since we are defense first (even on the PP) Sutter doesn't play Kotes there

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 06:33 PM
  #8
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Kotalik always played the point on the PP until he became a Flame... its widely known about his bomb... but since we are defense first (even on the PP) Sutter doesn't play Kotes there
Tanguay, Morrison and even Joker have all played the point at some time on the PP. Maybe give Kotalik a chance, he was there a for a few games when he first got traded here.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
  #9
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,234
vCash: 500
How the heck was Moss the fastest skater here but he looks like a snail in games?

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 07:32 PM
  #10
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards
 
WhereIsIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
How the heck was Moss the fastest skater here but he looks like a snail in games?
Bigger guys sometimes look like they're moving slower, imo.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 07:35 PM
  #11
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck91 View Post
Bigger guys sometimes look like they're moving slower, imo.
Or maybe its speaking to how slow our team is lol. I just never see Moss beat people to pucks really or break out through the line, if he has this "hidden" speed he definitely needs to utilize it more in game.

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 07:36 PM
  #12
3rdEye
@HawnzDynasty
 
3rdEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CoRD's house
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
How the heck was Moss the fastest skater here but he looks like a snail in games?
Doesn't say much about our team speed. I would have thought Glencross would take it easily as he beat Lombardi that one year, or did he even compete?

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 07:50 PM
  #13
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
or maybe it speaks to the guys they had in teh competition... not everyone was in it... if Moss won clearly guys like Glencross, Bouwmeester, Giordano, Bourque.... etc weren't in it

and for the idiots complaining about our team speed... we aren't a slow team... when they lazy ******** move their feet we can skate with nearly anyone

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 08:14 PM
  #14
Steven
Registered User
 
Steven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Glencross didn't compete in the fastest skater competition.

Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 08:15 PM
  #15
Steven
Registered User
 
Steven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
or maybe it speaks to the guys they had in teh competition... not everyone was in it... if Moss won clearly guys like Glencross, Bouwmeester, Giordano, Bourque.... etc weren't in it

and for the idiots complaining about our team speed... we aren't a slow team... when they lazy ******** move their feet we can skate with nearly anyone
Both Bouwmeester and Giordano competed actually.

Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 08:33 PM
  #16
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Both Bouwmeester and Giordano competed actually.
then clealry Moss's speed isn't a problem

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:51 PM
  #17
flames123
Registered User
 
flames123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
or maybe it speaks to the guys they had in teh competition... not everyone was in it... if Moss won clearly guys like Glencross, Bouwmeester, Giordano, Bourque.... etc weren't in it

and for the idiots complaining about our team speed... we aren't a slow team... when they lazy ******** move their feet we can skate with nearly anyone
actually gio AND bo were in the comp. both skating much slower than Moss.

Moss had a 14.3..... that is what some of the guys in the all star game get.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM
  #18
CPRSRPUNKS
Registered User
 
CPRSRPUNKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Very strange when I think of speed on the Flames, Moss never comes to mind. Would've guessed Glencross. He wasn't in it though eh? Wonder why not?

CPRSRPUNKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:05 AM
  #19
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Kotalik always played the point on the PP until he became a Flame... its widely known about his bomb... but since we are defense first (even on the PP) Sutter doesn't play Kotes there
He played there last year when he arrived, so I'm not entirely sure what Sutter had been thinking when he claimed that he didn't know about his shot.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:09 AM
  #20
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker
 
superhakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,610
vCash: 500
I dont know, i have always thought Moss was fast when he gets going. Poor acceleration but he can really fly.

Backlunds 99mph slapshot was a major surprise, as well as Regehr 98 mph shot.

Bouwmeester posting a 14.7 in the fastest skater was very disappointing.

superhakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 02:43 AM
  #21
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
I dont know, i have always thought Moss was fast when he gets going. Poor acceleration but he can really fly.

Backlunds 99mph slapshot was a major surprise, as well as Regehr 98 mph shot.

Bouwmeester posting a 14.7 in the fastest skater was very disappointing.
I'm surprised Regehr's shot was only 98... the guy has a really really heavy shot... he just doesn't use it much because it takes him forever to unload it

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 02:44 AM
  #22
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
He played there last year when he arrived, so I'm not entirely sure what Sutter had been thinking when he claimed that he didn't know about his shot.
like I've been saying since before he was hired... Sutter = bad coach

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 03:20 AM
  #23
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
I dont know, i have always thought Moss was fast when he gets going. Poor acceleration but he can really fly.

Backlunds 99mph slapshot was a major surprise, as well as Regehr 98 mph shot.

Bouwmeester posting a 14.7 in the fastest skater was very disappointing.
Do you really expect him to put fourth his full effort for such an event?

--- Anyways going off topic here, does anyone notice and wonder why Kotalik changes the color of his sticktape between nearly every period? I Find it very strange ---

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:38 PM
  #24
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker
 
superhakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Do you really expect him to put fourth his full effort for such an event?

--- Anyways going off topic here, does anyone notice and wonder why Kotalik changes the color of his sticktape between nearly every period? I Find it very strange ---
Do i expect him to put forth 14 or so seconds of effort to entertain the fans which support him and are responsible for the salary he gets? Uhm Ya.

superhakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:47 PM
  #25
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
Do i expect him to put forth 14 or so seconds of effort to entertain the fans which support him and are responsible for the salary he gets? Uhm Ya.
And what would you say if he pulled his groin and was out for a few weeks because you wanted to see him skate fast for 14 seconds. How are the fans responsible for his salary?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.