HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers trade Michal Rozsival to PHX for Wojtek Wolski

Old
03-21-2011, 06:00 PM
HockeyBurd*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stump View Post
Coyotes fan coming in peace.

How has Wolski been for you guys since the trade? Not just points, but overall play and is he getting prime minutes in key situations?
He's been what he always has been. Exact same player outside of any major scoring tears. I won't say too much more so as not to be accused of being negative. He has been an adequate replacement for Frolov.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I think if we sign Richards next year, we put Wolski on the top line and see if he sinks or swims.

He definitely has the talent to hang with the two at least, but can he do it consistently?
everyone must remember he is only 25 years old. i think he was rushed into the nhl with the Avs, and he was traded 2 times so that can hurt.. he does have some talent, that is there. id give him a year or 2 to see if he can score a little, if not then he can be on the 3rd line. his defense is good enough to give him a shift when he isnt scoring.

i also noticed he has played center before. why not give him a chance at center?? maybe it can help his game.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 06:31 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
everyone must remember he is only 25 years old. i think he was rushed into the nhl with the Avs, and he was traded 2 times so that can hurt.. he does have some talent, that is there. id give him a year or 2 to see if he can score a little, if not then he can be on the 3rd line. his defense is good enough to give him a shift when he isnt scoring.
He's 25, but he has been in the league for 6 years now. He had 65 points last season, too. So it's not like he's a guy who is stuck in developmental limbo. He is what he is.

As far as him on the third line, his cap hit is about $4MM. If he's not scoring enough to play top six minutes, then he's not worth his salary. IMO.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:39 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
everyone must remember he is only 25 years old.
Only 25?

He has already peaked. What you have seen is what you are going to get.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 07:56 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

I've been satisfied. Nothing more, nothing less.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:26 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

considering he was traded for mike blowzy, hes been solid. i would have taken a bag of pucks to get rid of mike. to get back wolski, brilliant.

look, the guy has talent, but hes in many ways alot like alex frolov. talented but not a feature guy. hes a support player rather than a go to guy. if we are looking for wolski to carry us to the playoffs- it aint happening.

the thing is, he can get hot and carry a team for a few games just as much as he can go 3 games without a point. seems torts has already invited him into the chateau bow wow based, i think, on his lack of 2 way play. thats troubling.

at the end of the day, his shootout goals have helped us inch closer to the playoffs and his offensive abilities make us just that much more dangerous. and hes been kinda snake bit as he could easily have 4 or 5 more goals if not for pipes, bars and fluke saves.

the thought of still having dopey rozy skating around in sand giving away pucks still gives me the chills. imagine if we had no w2, no mcdonough and still had blowsy....

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Stump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badko View Post
I think Wolski is just fine and I personally am very satisfied with the way he's played. I haven't followed Rosie since he's left, but I think our team is better with Wolski as opposed to Rosie. The kids on D have stepped up.

My two cents.
I think Coyotes fans feel the same, generally, with regards to Roszival. We're better with him than we were with Wolski. I was against trading Wolski, because the Coyotes could use a few more high end skill guys IMO. Hope he works out long term in NYC. That said, Wolski didn't seem to fit with Dave Tippett's system so off he went. Rosie has been good - not great, not poor, just good.

Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Stump

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
considering he was traded for mike blowzy, hes been solid. i would have taken a bag of pucks to get rid of mike. to get back wolski, brilliant.

look, the guy has talent, but hes in many ways alot like alex frolov. talented but not a feature guy. hes a support player rather than a go to guy. if we are looking for wolski to carry us to the playoffs- it aint happening.

the thing is, he can get hot and carry a team for a few games just as much as he can go 3 games without a point. seems torts has already invited him into the chateau bow wow based, i think, on his lack of 2 way play. thats troubling.

at the end of the day, his shootout goals have helped us inch closer to the playoffs and his offensive abilities make us just that much more dangerous. and hes been kinda snake bit as he could easily have 4 or 5 more goals if not for pipes, bars and fluke saves.

the thought of still having dopey rozy skating around in sand giving away pucks still gives me the chills. imagine if we had no w2, no mcdonough and still had blowsy....
This is not my impression of Rosie at all. Of course, YMMV, IMO, etc.

Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:52 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
ODC just REALLY hates Rozsival.

That's who Rosy is, he's not great at anything but he's usually not bad at anything either. He's the epitome of average IMO, which can be a good thing for a d-man. For us though, i've become happy we traded him because he is getting older and it's given our young blue-line an opportunity to step up and grow.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:00 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
All I know is that he's dirty in NHL 11

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:10 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

Wow i cant disagree more with every single one of your points. Rozi is much better player than Wolski and his value to Rangers was multiple times greater in his time here than Wolski will ever be. Wolski is a soft, weak perimeter player, that is watching the play far to often and is always a step behind. Hes has slowed down his line on several occassions, when Zucc and Stepan have been skating.

The guy has done nothing in the last couple games since beign a healthy scratch and if not for Avery penalties he would probably not be seing the roster with his lack luster play. If he took a page out of Dubi or Cally or even Zucc notebook he might be more successfull. Unfortunately he will not change the way i see it and will be traded to his fourth team.

Not skilled enough for top six minutes. Fro offers much more on a 3rd line than Wolski offers. Atleast Fro uses his body and creates space for other guys and is much stronger on the puck. Wolski was trained in the Jurri school were guys like Spezza, Pie, some other NHLers trained (myself included on a couple occassions, but too much money). The training is all about skill, problem is it doesent work for everyone and when it doesent happen they have no other tools.

BTW i saw Wolski during All star break at this areana, some reason he was having private lesson before my game with this coach and seemed to be working on his skating, idk if i could even say thats his biggest problem.

Last edited by satrabyk: 03-21-2011 at 11:19 PM.
satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:14 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
ODC just REALLY hates Rozsival.

That's who Rosy is, he's not great at anything but he's usually not bad at anything either. He's the epitome of average IMO, which can be a good thing for a d-man. For us though, i've become happy we traded him because he is getting older and it's given our young blue-line an opportunity to step up and grow.
Not good at anything? The guy had better hands for a D man than anyone will see on this team for a long time. Not to say i dont love guys like Stall, Sauer etc but not nearly the skill set Rozi had. Problem was he refused to use his amazing shot often enough.

Old
03-21-2011, 11:17 PM
darko

He's been quite OK. Inconsistent ... but I'm relatively happy with what we got out of him so far.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:17 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
I think Coyotes fans feel the same, generally, with regards to Roszival. We're better with him than we were with Wolski. I was against trading Wolski, because the Coyotes could use a few more high end skill guys IMO. Hope he works out long term in NYC. That said, Wolski didn't seem to fit with Dave Tippett's system so off he went. Rosie has been good - not great, not poor, just good.
I guess he didnt fit Col system either, Rozi ive seen has had some bumps on the road in PHx but hes def a solid top 4 dman you can rely on down the stretch. Can u say the same about a guy who 1 stop short of a healthy scratch. Thats why i respect Torts hes not afraid to rock the boat.

Old
03-21-2011, 11:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Not good at anything? The guy had better hands for a D man than anyone will see on this team for a long time. Not to say i dont love guys like Stall, Sauer etc but not nearly the skill set Rozi had. Problem was he refused to use his amazing shot often enough.
I said he was not GREAT at anything. He was a jack of all trades, master of none, which was a good thing. But I think his age was starting to become more noticeable, and the fact he forgot how to shoot the puck after Jagr left, plus the emergence of our second pairing, and I think we're better off with the Roszival trade.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Have you ever heard of an agenda poster? Don't worry, 95% of Rangerland understood that Rozy was exactly as you described him. Not bad, not great, but good.

03-21-2011, 11:23 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
I said he was not GREAT at anything. He was a jack of all trades, master of none, which was a good thing. But I think his age was starting to become more noticeable, and the fact he forgot how to shoot the puck after Jagr left, plus the emergence of our second pairing, and I think we're better off with the Roszival trade.
IDK what u define as great, but i can think of too many D man with better hands than Rozi. Value wise we got ripped off in that trade, and i just wont to put it out there by how many people were laughing that because we got such a great deal. I dont kno if ppl actually watch the game or go by the couple ignorant fans who boo guys based on a turnover or to pick on someone. The fact is Wolski has been the same guy for 6 years and if he was any good or had some potential ppl see, he wouldint be traded 2 times already. There serious flaws in his game that need work.

Old
03-22-2011, 11:14 AM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Wow i cant disagree more with every single one of your points. Rozi is much better player than Wolski and his value to Rangers was multiple times greater in his time here than Wolski will ever be. Wolski is a soft, weak perimeter player, that is watching the play far to often and is always a step behind. Hes has slowed down his line on several occassions, when Zucc and Stepan have been skating.

The guy has done nothing in the last couple games since beign a healthy scratch and if not for Avery penalties he would probably not be seing the roster with his lack luster play. If he took a page out of Dubi or Cally or even Zucc notebook he might be more successfull. Unfortunately he will not change the way i see it and will be traded to his fourth team.

Not skilled enough for top six minutes. Fro offers much more on a 3rd line than Wolski offers. Atleast Fro uses his body and creates space for other guys and is much stronger on the puck. Wolski was trained in the Jurri school were guys like Spezza, Pie, some other NHLers trained (myself included on a couple occassions, but too much money). The training is all about skill, problem is it doesent work for everyone and when it doesent happen they have no other tools.
Frolov is just really bad. He excelled at nothing. He fell down every 5 seconds on the ice. He is not in Wolski's league. Wolski won us some games when Gaborik was hurt and scored some key shootout goals. Frolov did zero for this club.

One of the knocks on Wolski was that he was soft, but I haven't seen that while he has been here. He bangs in the corners every time there is a chance to. I'm not sure what games you are watching... to be honest. I was quite impressed how he didn't live up to that billing.

Rozy was a decent players for us, but had no value with the emergence of McD and Sauer. The trade for Wolski was a killing by Sather, even given WW slightly bloated cap hit.

Though you can see that WW has hit a dry spell, don't overlook how bad Zuc has been the last couple weeks. I feel that both WW and Zuc have been a drain to Stepan's production as of late.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Vitto79

WW is what he is. He'll score in bunches then disapear. Regardless it's a good move for the Rangers. Saves money on the cap and gives them a relatively young guy that can chip in offensively. Hoping he lines up with Brad Richards and Gaborik next yr. Fingers crossed. I think he could break out big time.

In the end Rozy was a good trooper but the cap hit sucked. McCabe is a good stop gap and McDonaugh really stepped it up.

Good trade for Slats but I can see why the Yotes made the move since they have alot of good young F and needed a vet D

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Wolski's cap hit sucks as well if he is going to continue to bring 30 points a year pace with no defense or physicality.

He hasn't been a hell of a lot better for us than Enver Lisin was last year. Frolov was much better because he played a good puck possession game, and kept the pill away from the opponent for long stretches of time.

Only thing Wolsiki has brought us so far is 3 good games and shootout goals. Christensen has been much better, even at those things.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:54 AM
NYROrtsFan

Called this trade a mistake from the beginning...

WOuld be awfully nice to have Rozy playing back there rather than the likes of Gilroy or Eminger. Although I can actually take Eminger.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Scooter17

In hindsight this was a good trade for the Rangers (not sure how it has worked out in Phoenix). The Rangers haven't really been any worse defensively since Rosy left. There have been games where Wolski has dominated and there have been games where you don't notice him. He has also helped us get some big points in the shootout. You take the bad with the good. At the end of the day I think Wolski is a big part of the reason why we are in a playoff position.

That being said I think Wolski may disappear during the playoffs, while Rozsival steps up his game. We have seen Rosy step up his game come playoff time in the past.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Chris 84

I really liked Rozy but I think Wolski's done fine since he came here. I'm quite surprised by the slight feelings of negativity that I think the board has towards him. He's certainly done better than Frolov was doing.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Wolski's cap hit sucks as well if he is going to continue to bring 30 points a year pace with no defense or physicality.

He hasn't been a hell of a lot better for us than Enver Lisin was last year.
16 points in 29 games as a Ranger is certainly more than 30 points a year pace. His lack of defence and physicality hasn't been too detrimental as he's a plus 11.

Lisin got 14 points in 57 games. He really has been a hell of a lot better than he was.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2011, 12:33 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter17 View Post
In hindsight this was a good trade for the Rangers (not sure how it has worked out in Phoenix). The Rangers haven't really been any worse defensively since Rosy left. There have been games where Wolski has dominated and there have been games where you don't notice him. He has also helped us get some big points in the shootout. You take the bad with the good. At the end of the day I think Wolski is a big part of the reason why we are in a playoff position.

That being said I think Wolski may disappear during the playoffs, while Rozsival steps up his game. We have seen Rosy step up his game come playoff time in the past.
Are u serious a big reason why were in the playoffs. The guys had maybe 1 or 2 games that hes had any impact. Give me a break, o ya without hes shootout goal wed be nowhere this year. Guys like Sauer, Mcd they are only small to the impact Wolski hasbrought lol.