HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers trade Michal Rozsival to PHX for Wojtek Wolski

Old
01-10-2011, 04:24 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Yes he has. (23g/40a last year; and close w/ 22g/28a his 2nd year)
Ahh yeah, didn't see his split stats from both teams last season. My mistake.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
Gotta pick up a veteran D man.
Not really. Could be a clear indication that they're going with the youngins.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ZacUSNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Here is my beef. I'm a Wolski fan, but you guys got a better (<- not by much) version of Frolov.

Wolski IS a perimeter player. He has size, but never uses it. In the whole time he was in Colorado, only two months did he ever play to his potential and damn he was good. But consider that he was on the Avs for 3-5 years the rest was filled with terribly lazy plays and has no drive to work hard.

Definitely a good trade overall for you guys', but don't be shocked when he goes to the dog house because that's where he has been his whole career.
Maybe he'll be a Brian Boyle 2.0? I'd be happy with that

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

AS the Aves fans did to us when we got floatski, i shall tell you that he will show up for a stretch of games, then never come back Sorry.

"He's the laziest, most unmotivated player" He does nothing in his own end and doesn't have any work ethic. i would of traded him for a bag of pucks. Good luck hope he changes his game for your team and does well but i would not count on it

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Here is my beef. I'm a Wolski fan, but you guys a little better version of Frolov.

Wolski IS a perimeter player. He has size, but never uses it. In the whole time he was in Colorado, only two months did he ever play to his potential and damn he was good. But consider that he was on the Avs for 3-5 years the rest was filled with terribly lazy plays and has no drive to work hard.

Definitely a good trade overall for you guys', but don't be shocked when he goes to the dog house because that's where he has been his whole career.
This is why I don't get why people believe this is a good trade. It just screams HockeysFuture type of stuff where people are being overly optimistic on a player who doesn't put it all together. Sure there is a chance, but a lot of smart people on 2 separate teams have bet that it wouldn't happen. Now sometimes the player turns it around, but it's definitely fair to say that most of the time, the player doesn't turn it around.

I see a 40-50 pt player who doesn't do the little things. Forgive me if I'm not excited enough. We lost a good defenseman today and that is going to hurt this team. Even considering how much I like Sauer and company.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun
Sather also said the deal came together quickly today. Wasn't something in the works for a long time

NYDNRangers Jesse Spector
Sather: It gives us an opportunity to do some things that may come up in the future. It was a situation that was easy for us.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
just spoke to my friend who is a huge avalanche fan. he plays hockey for the university of colorado and i have to say that he is a great talent evaluator. usually his predictions come true about how players will do under certain situations. i asked him what type of player. he responded with: "a good player, very solid." He then asked me who we traded to get him. I said Rosival straight up. He responded "It's one of the best trades the Rangers have done". According to my friend he said Wolski is a top 6 forward.

I think much of his bad play derived from his frustration of being on such a sub par team. Hes going to be on a young team, which has a lot of potential to go deep in this years playoffs. He's also very very good at shoot outs. He has great hands and another added bonus, he's fast and has great acceleration.

I don't know however how he fits on this team. He is a left handed shot. I believe this only means further trades are going to occur.

I believe he's going to be on the 1st line with Gaborik.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat Ultra View Post
AS the Aves fans did to us when we got floatski, i shall tell you that he will show up for a stretch of games, then never come back Sorry.

"He's the laziest, most unmotivated player" He does nothing in his own end and doesn't have any worth ethic. i would of traded him for a bag of pucks. Good luck hope he changes his game for your team and does well but i would not count on it.
If that's the case, then he won't play for us. Tortorella won't stand for that.

Either way, we gained cap space, gained another winger with potential (and decent actual production), and moved a player that wasn't in our plans.

Old
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Not really all that excited.. Rosival was a solid veteran presence and much better this year. Wolski has the makings of Frolov 2.0 unless Torts rides his ass hard.
Agreed. I liked Rozy, but in typical HF Ranger fashion -- no matter what Rozy did, he was going to be hated.

Wolski? Ppft. Whatever. I don't see the big deal in this at all.

I think our D line just got weaker.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
Did not see this coming at all. I like Rozy but this trade is probably something we needed.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Slick Rick 61

Call me crazy, but I'm not jumping for joy. This is a HUGE gamble on a player who is VERY frustrating to watch. Just my opinion, especially considering that in a transition year, this team is 10 games over .500, and now is left with a very inexperienced blue line.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr5186

I wonder where his conditioning level is at. Hopefully Torts rides him hard the next few weeks, and the rest of the team's 'personality' rubs off on him in a good way (don't take that the wrong way btw ).

The dude has good skills and good size, and he's put up good numbers in the past.

I like the deal.

nyr5186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

The question becomes, does Del Zotto come back now?

Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

Either way, we gained cap space, gained another winger with potential (and decent actual production), and moved a player that wasn't in our plans.
This is the worst case scenario, and that's fine.

Best case scenario is Wolski scores 60 points again and then this trade is a good one.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

DaveLozo Dave Lozo
Sather said he had talked with Maloney about a month ago about Wolski, but Frolov's injury forced him to revisit those talks.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
High risk, high reward. Wolski has been a slug all year. Not a fan of this trade -- stinks of Zherdev.

Wolski will have the benefit of being a secondary player here, so it should help him, but replacing Rozsival is going to be a ***** and a half.

This is a deal I hope I eat crow on, because the kid has crazy talent but can be such a slug at times.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I'm satisfied, but we need to pick up a vet-d like McCabe or Kaberle. Rozy got wayyy to much **** here, and I kinda have a bad feeling Torts won't like Wolski and he won't be too productive but I'm going to try to remain optimistic.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Wolski isn't Zherdev 2.0 because he won't even sniff Z's numbers.

Wolski isn't Frolov 2.0 because he won't be nearly as responsible and solid with the puck.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Right, and that's why Joe Sacco planted his ass to the bench until he was traded.

Don't buy the "oh Phoenix's system is too defensive" crap. Colorado's system is more offensive than any other team in the NHL, and he still couldn't thrive here.

He's just extremely lazy and could not care less about sacrificing to win. Will never take a hit to score, will never go in the corners, will never block a shot, will never do anything that takes effort. Period.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
This is the worst case scenario, and that's fine.

Best case scenario is Wolski scores 60 points again and then this trade is a good one.
Yeah, the worst case scenario isn't bad.

Don't see us winning a Cup this year with or without Rozsival, so dealing him doesn't bother me that much. If the D kills us from here out, okay, then we'll know it needs to be addressed in the summer.

Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
Sather says Rangers gain cap flexibility to do possibly do something later.

Sather says trade first discussed about a month ago, Coyotes couldn't do it then. With Frolov injury, he and Don Maloney moved quickly.

NYDNRangers Jesse Spector
Wolski will be available for #NYR game tomorrow night against Montreal at MSG.

Sather appreciated Rozsival's efforts with Rangers but deal no-brainer for him with Wolski 24 years old and Rozsival 32, plus the cap space

Old
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Don't really feel strongly one way of the other on this deal. Admittedly, I wasn't a Rozsival hater. I don't love Wolski.
Pretty much sums it up for me too. Sather takes a gamble on someone every year, Wolski makes perfect sense, especially cause he's strapped for money and lacks tradeable veteran players. Remember, if he were to deal by March deadline all thats left to trade is mostly young guys and picks if he wants to pick up someone substantial.

Is it just me who thinks people calling this trade a win and they have not even played a game for their new team a little too quick to judge? A tad maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Time will show. Torts will tell.
We gave up a better player for younger and promicing one that cost less.
Good luck Rozy. Thanks for good years.
Ditto.

Good luck to Rosy, he really loved being a part of the organization and I thought always represented with pride on and off the ice. He had his ups and downs and was unfairly a whipping boy, but I'll always think of him as a good player during his NYR career.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangersfan1416 View Post
Call me crazy, but I'm not jumping for joy. This is a HUGE gamble on a player who is VERY frustrating to watch. Just my opinion, especially considering that in a transition year, this team is 10 games over .500, and now is left with a very inexperienced blue line.
we will add another defenseman, I am just glad Ozolinsh, Ulanov, Karpa, Malik, and Gusarov are all no longer in the NHL. Unfortunately Tom Poti still is as is Derek Morris...

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
High risk, high reward. Wolski has been a slug all year. Not a fan of this trade -- stinks of Zherdev.

Wolski will have the benefit of being a secondary player here, so it should help him, but replacing Rozsival is going to be a ***** and a half.

This is a deal I hope I eat crow on, because the kid has crazy talent but can be such a slug at times.
Definitely agree with this...

I'm not too excited about this trade. It is a lot of minutes to replace.

Regards to Wolski, not everyone can handle Torts as a coach and if his mental fortitude is similar to Zherdev's.....well then he'll be in the dog house by the middle of February.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I swear fantasy leagues have just ruined everyone's perspective on "real world" trades.

I'm going to hold off congratulating Sather on this until I see how it works out. I liked Rozy a lot, but not totally against trading him. Would have preferred finishing out the year with him.

Not liking what I hear from Yotes fans....

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote