HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

CBS Sportsline's Mock Draft

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2004, 08:49 PM
outKast*

vCash: 500
CBS Sportsline's Mock Draft

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/7444537

I would absolutely be pissed if we passed on Stafford like that. And as a scout stated in a Brownlee article: the Oilers organization would be doing hand springs if Mike Green was available at 25 except the Oiler scout project he'll be top 20.

Old
06-24-2004, 08:53 PM
MrMackey

Stafford isn't even listed... that's pretty insane I would say.

Old
06-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
That is one bad mock draft. Montoya is too high and Stafford is too Lowe. In Brownlee's article, the four players the Oilers are after are Picard, Stafford, Shremp and Ladd. We all know that Ladd is most likely gone at #14.

06-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
Stafford isn't even listed... that's pretty insane I would say.
He's listed at #23 and drafted by Ottawa. That is one of the worst mock drafts I've ever seen. Stafford won't fall past #14.

Old
06-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Hemsky4PM

Stafford is listed, just hard to find him, he's listed at 23 going to Ottawa.

That's why Canada is Canada and America is Clueless when it comes to Hockey. I doubt a lot of their predictions. Mike Green is going way too late, and Montoya likely won't go 3rd to Chicago.

The Capitals absolutely clean up in this mock. They get Ovechkin, Green and Lyamin. Nice haul. The Oilers get Korpikoski and Dubnyk which would be fine by me...accept in this one where they pass on Green to take Dubnyk at 25, that won't happen.

Old
06-24-2004, 09:06 PM
outKast*

Some things i noticed....haha

1. Flames passing on Zajac to take Jakub Sindel. Then they go as far as to say that Sindel doesn't shy away from physcial play. ......wtf? The last time i heard, Sindel had top end talent. but scouts have reservations about him because he's soft and never laid the body. This guys just pulling this out of his anus.

2. They say something along the lines of Jeff Schultz being Briant Leetch's heir apparent. hahaha. If they wanted a player like that, they would take Fransson at 24.

3. David Bolland going 15th and Wojtek Wolski going 30th....again continuing the trend of pulling things out of his anus. Good for a laugh. And if the Flames really did pick Sindel over Stafford, Lisin, Zajac, or Radulov i would laugh even harder. We'll see on Saturday.

P.S. The whole Montreal Canadiens board has a boner for Enver Lisin. If Montreal took Bruce Graham when they clearly had a shot at Enver Lisin... Gainey would be assasinated by a big mob.

Last edited by outKast*: 06-24-2004 at 09:11 PM.
Old
06-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Superfluous U

It wouldn't shock me if the Hawks ended up with Montoya, (despite the goaltending depth in their organization, no one strikes me as high end) but I think they would trade down to do it.

Old
06-24-2004, 09:08 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Stafford is listed, just hard to find him, he's listed at 23 going to Ottawa.
Oh my god. No wonder I missed it.

Closed Thread