HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Briere Uk fans perspective

Old
01-11-2011, 09:25 PM
ziotree

vCash: 500
Briere Uk fans perspective

When i first found HFBoards and this thread I noticed Briere was getting a lot of stick and many people wanted to trade him from the team due to either his play or contract etc and to be honest I felt sorry for the guy.

however I think Danny B deserves a lot of credit for the way he has played since signing for the flyers and especially how he played last year and so far this season. He has been without doubt our best and most consistent performer this season.

My first love is football(soccer) and i just love flair players, people who can make something happen and thats why my favourite flyer is briere. I realise he isnt your typical Broad street bully but he is so important to the team that he can provide some magic that can change a game either with an amazing pass or shot.

Nowadays I dont see many people called for the head of Briere and saying we should trade him.... What has changed? Is it the coach? Him playing in the centre? Linemates? Would you still trade him?

ziotree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:36 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

i think you hit it right on the head, my friend. new coach, new linemates, and he's back in the middle. it would have been a huge mistake to give up on a guy like briere after a "slow" start to his flyers career (he went down from 95 to a "measly" 72 points in his first year here). his size didn't make him very effective on the wing and he was juggled around by stevens. lavi came and with the formation of "the line" during the boston series, his game has gone to a whole new level. he has been a streaky player for most of his career. right now, his confidence is through the roof and that can only do good for a guy like that.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
He is healthy, the team has a similar offensive system to what he developed in, and his linemates are perfect complements.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:52 PM
ziotree

how long left does he have on his contract and is his contract still that bad?? is he now untouchable?

What has happened to Briere is why i have some hope for zherdev... he is another flair player who has undoubted skill but not the typical flyers player yet he has scored some important goals despite being in and around the team. Although i see many of you feel he may be best traded or at least dont see a long term future for him here which is a shame as someone who can make something out of nothing can be a very important asset to any team.

ziotree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:22 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziotree View Post
how long left does he have on his contract and is his contract still that bad?? is he now untouchable?

What has happened to Briere is why i have some hope for zherdev... he is another flair player who has undoubted skill but not the typical flyers player yet he has scored some important goals despite being in and around the team. Although i see many of you feel he may be best traded or at least dont see a long term future for him here which is a shame as someone who can make something out of nothing can be a very important asset to any team.
Briere is having a great season and is a monster in the playoffs, but he still has another 4 years left after this one. It's still a pretty iffy looking contract. But a year and a half ago it looked absolutely terrible. Then all of a sudden he's centering our top line in the Stanley Cup Finals which is exactly what we all were hoping we would see when he was signed, so I guess there's not a whole lot to complain about.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:25 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
coming off 95 points and getting 6.5 mil we all had high expectations.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Briere is the ****.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:05 PM
AaronTrieu

you just need to trick him into thinking its the playoffs.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:34 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
you just need to trick him into thinking its the playoffs.

"So, when are these playoffs over coach?"
"WHEN I SAY THEY ARE DAMMIT!!!" *and another coke machine meets an untimely demise.*

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 06:10 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Briere should wake up like groundhog day and constantly think he is in round 1 of the playoffs.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 07:58 AM
flyguys48*

Their are some dumbass flyers fans on here, and they always have to have atleast one player who they hate on all year. (shelley) All you past briere haters out there, and you know who you are...F U.

BTW, for all you shelley haters out there.....would you want to play the penguins 6 times in a season without shelley in the lineup, with pitt having the likes of godard, rupp and engelland in the lineup? think about that one you ****heads!

flyguys48* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguys48 View Post
Their are some dumbass flyers fans on here, and they always have to have atleast one player who they hate on all year. (shelley) All you past briere haters out there, and you know who you are...F U.

BTW, for all you shelley haters out there.....would you want to play the penguins 6 times in a season without shelley in the lineup, with pitt having the likes of godard, rupp and engelland in the lineup? think about that one you ****heads!
Aww... how cute.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Briere should wake up like groundhog day and constantly think he is in round 1 of the playoffs.

briere wants a Stanley Cup bad

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:

I think somebody needs a timeout. I've never really understood why you would make an account to insult everyone on the board

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:

Who's the dumbass?

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Crossbar Ping

Im so glad my favourite player is finally playing to his potential and could lead the Flyers in points by seasons end through the third line lol.

Crossbar Ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar Ping View Post
Im so glad my favourite player is finally playing to his potential and could lead the Flyers in points by seasons end through the third line lol.
3rd line? He averages almost 18 minutes a game. The only 3 players who play more than him are Richards, Giroux and Carter. All 3 of them play both PP and PK while Briere only plays the PP. Briere is on the ice in potential scoring siruations(ES and PP) as much or more than any forward on the Flyers.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote