HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#44 - 01.11.2011 | Montreal Canadiens @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2011, 08:49 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
I really like Wolski. If we won I think everybody would be singing his praises, especially if his shot that went off the post went in. He had a very solid game and if he can keep that up that'll be awesome.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:49 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

lets play the rest of the season on the road.

hank goes down too early. again.

i like what i saw from w2. hes uber talented.

mike rozy wouldnt have helped us tonite.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
It's pretty apparent an absolute majority of you guys know nothing about goaltending and aren't afraid to show it.

If you want Lundqvist to cover every inch underneath the crossbar, hire a standup goalie from the 80's. But then you will see a ton of goals scored along the ice and 5 hole that you really will start whining about. There is an obvious reason why every goalie in the league are butterfly goalies nowadays.

I tell you what. I take a goalie that leaves the shooter to make the perfect shot, while you take the goalie that tries to save the perfect shot, while weakening the rest of the net. I also love you can't let out of your head that Lundqvist allowed 2 goals. On 38 shots. Yeah, this loss is totally on him. Nevermind the sure goals he actually saved in the game. You guys are ridiculous after a loss.
Agree 100%. I thought Lundqvist was excellent tonight. He made a handful of high quality saves that could have been goals. Bottom line, MTL outplayed us. They got the better chances, had the puck more, kept us to the outside and finished when they had the opportunity.

You're not going to win a game with the scoring chances the Rangers were getting and putting just one puck in the net.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:51 PM
DaBadGuy7

Send a message via AIM to DaBadGuy7
Is it me or should the Rangers had shot the puck in the offensive zone more and try to get rebound opportunities instead of trying to set up scoring chances in front of the net where a Canadiens could easily stick away?

Old
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Welp, that Subban/Dubinsky thread on the main boards is now on my "ignored threads" list. Hab fans are a bunch of clowns. If it was the other way around, they'd be whining and moaning 'til the cows came home.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The only person i've hated more than Subban out of the teams we've faced recently was Dominic Moore in that TB game.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:52 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Welp, that Subban/Dubinsky thread on the main boards is now on my "ignored threads" list. Hab fans are a bunch of clowns. If it was the other way around, they'd be whining and moaning 'til the cows came home.
That's news to you? I wouldn't be surprised if the thread was also full of "WE WON THE TRADE! MCDONAGH SUCKS!"

Old
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The only person i've hated more than Subban out of the teams we've faced recently was Dominic Moore in that TB game.
Him and Crosby are on my list..

Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Chimp everyone knows the key to beat Lundqvist is to shoot high, there is no secret. I don't fault him on the first goal as there was an open man in front and a screen. I do fault him on the second goal because he was not leaning properly on the post and dropped down way to early. There is no reason for him to be on the ice before the shot was taken. It was a weak goal, and one that cost us a point, potentially 2.

Lundqvist is a key player and has stolen a few games but this game, along with the blue jackets game, and the islander game early in the year he really let in some softies and cost us some points.
Wow, if you think Lundqvist cost us a point you're delusional. We must not have been watching the same game b/c I thought we DESERVED the loss.

We were the WORSE team tonight.

No one on here can honestly tell me we outplayed them or that we deserved to win. Totally bogus. We got what we deserved. Not 2-points. Not 1-point. 0-points.

Well Ranger fans... What could have cost us a point? Could it be our lack of puck possession, our mediocre shots, or the fact that we could only net one goal on a back up goaltender? Or you can blame the guy that stopped 36 of 38 shots, of which, were much more challenging shots against.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:58 PM
OverTheCap

There's nothing more cowardly than a slewfoot. It's a sneaky move for ******* who want to injure others but are too scared to fight or deliver a hard hit.

And it seems like many refs turn a blind eye to it, which is unfortunate. Malkin, Crosby, and now Subban get away with it and they will continue to do it if they aren't penalized for it. The league won't do anything to prevent slewfoots until a star player cracks their head on the ice from one.

Old
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Hank said that the Pouliot goal he should have had in the post game when asked about it.

Old
ColonialsHockey10

On a side note, has anyone ever seen such a dramatic regression in a player as Drury's? The guy can't even pass the puck. He is absolutely horrible.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Wow, if you think Lundqvist cost us a point you're delusional. We must not have been watching the same game b/c I thought we DESERVED the loss.

No one on here can honestly tell me we outplayed them or that we deserved to win. Totally bogus. We got what we deserved. Not 2-points. Not 1-point. 0-points.

Well Ranger fans... What could have cost us a point? Could it be our lack of puck possession, our mediocre shots, or the fact that we could only net one goal on a back up goaltender? Or you can blame the guy that stopped 36 of 38 shots, of which, were much more challenging shots against.
We did play like ****. But that doesn't change the fact that he could have stopped 37 of 38 instead.

NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
On a side note, has anyone ever seen such a dramatic regression in a player as Drury's? The guy can't even pass the puck. He is absolutely horrible.
It's scary. Even in his first two years he was putting up career average numbers. I gotta imagine the broken hand back at the end of the 08-09 season is still hindering him somehow.

Old
darko

Quote:

Its main boards what do you expect.

Then Rangers fans wonder why we get called whiners. As soon as a call goes against us people go to main boards ... I dont get it. Why? You want to complain then do it our boards here and not have rest of the idiots on there laughing at us. Bunch of Crosbys.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:01 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
It's scary. Even in his first two years he was putting up career average numbers. I gotta imagine the broken hand back at the end of the 08-09 season is still hindering him somehow.
I cannot believe how bad he's gotten. It's not even funny.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:02 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Yah, seriously guys. STOP POSTING STUFF ON THE MAIN BOARDS. Makes us look bad.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Also, this picture is awesome:

Old
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
We did play like ****. But that doesn't change the fact that he could have stopped 37 of 38 instead.
I think the problem is that fans set unrealistic expectations for Lundqvist. MTL could have had a handful of other goals. The one on Gionta right in front, in example. What would it matter if Lundqvist let that one in or the one he did? If he let that one in you would say "Lundqvist played great." Instead he cost us a point somehow. Bottom line is, you cannot expect your goaltender to stop 37 of 38 every night. When your goaltender stops 36 of 38 you have to find a way to win.

I mean, when does it end? "He stopped 50 of 51. Could have been 51 of 51." I mean, it just sounds silly IMO.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Levitate

So annoying. Nothing was bouncing the Rangers way at all, sloppy play all around, but they still had plenty of chances to win/tie and just nothing would go in. ****ing Alex Auld played better than he has any right to.

A bounce back game against Vancouver would be great

Wolski looked pretty good though I'm sure he's going to get some heat for not getting the puck deep at times

edit: Lundqvist theoretically should have had the Poulet goal, but that was a really freaking good shot. If that's not a fantastic shot, it's probably a save, so I give him some slack for that

Old
01-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post

This game could have easily been 1-1 going to overtime. Hank let in a softie, there is no excuse for that. Doesn't matter the Habs outplayed us the second half of the game, the 2nd goal was preventable and cost us a point. It's great he made 36 other saves, he should have made one more really easy save.

If we are in the playoffs and lost this game on that goal people would be screaming bloody murder. If you want to argue that than you are the one who is delusional. This game along with the blue jackets game and the loss early in the season to the islanders will stick in my mind if we start to falter as games we should have collected a point or more from.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:05 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Its main boards what do you expect.

Then Rangers fans wonder why we get called whiners. As soon as a call goes against us people go to main boards ... I dont get it. Why? You want to complain then do it our boards here and not have rest of the idiots on there laughing at us. Bunch of Crosbys.
Doesn't matter to me. Statement of fact is not whining. Shining a light on something that is well video-documented is not whining.

Old
Ail
k.

Quote:
Oh man, I gotta go read this.

The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Torts need to tear Gabby a new one. It's unacceptable on his behalf. I mean... seriously.

Wake. the. ****. up
This.

If Gaborik actually starts scoring, this team gets significantly more dangerous.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
This game could have easily been 1-1 going to overtime. Hank let in a softie, there is no excuse for that. Doesn't matter the Habs outplayed us the second half of the game, the 2nd goal was preventable and cost us a point. It's great he made 36 other saves, he should have made one more really easy save.

If we are in the playoffs and lost this game on that goal people would be screaming bloody murder. If you want to argue that than you are the one who is delusional. This game along with the blue jackets game and the loss early in the season to the islanders will stick in my mind if we start to falter as games we should have collected a point or more from.
Well, agree to disagree. We have different expectations for both the team and the goaltender.

I'll remember the number of points he helped a team, full of average talent, acquire to make the playoffs.

Closed Thread