HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price is going to the All-Star Game

Old
01-11-2011, 11:27 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
are are people bent outta shape for Price going to the game?
he was hurt in 2009 rushed back to play the game at home and was hurting the rest of the year....
as of today he isnt hurt *KNOCK ON WOOD* so I dont see the same thing happening to him..
Congrats to him well deserved

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:30 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
Do tell. How does the 13th best save pct and 7th best gaa get you into the all-star game without help from ballot stuffers.
good lord do you EVER stop with your hate?

He was picked and wasnt "ballot stuffed" into the game

Old
01-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
ok mommy

seriously guys need to relax on he needs rest crap. If Price is tired because of some pick-up 20 min hockey and causes him to lose us a series because his ASG appearance is laughable.

Should he play less games? Yes. But d/t the fact that we are in a struggle to get into the playoffs, its not gonna happen.
You realize the players have to a lot of off ice media/fan crap too. Not to mention the travel. It's far from a walk in the park.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:31 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

vCash: 500
Subban not getting picked is disappointing. Oh well.

And regarding the whole "Price needs to rest" debacle... Please, give me a break. One period of "hockey" won't kill him.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:32 AM
neofury*

No offense but I find it laughable how some people actually think 1 period of beer league hockey except with no physical play or competitiveness is going to make him from an exceptional playoff goalie to a bust like Theodore.

No offense I just find it laughable and I wonder if people even think before they post that kind of drivel.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:34 AM
SB164

So just like Dave Stubbs predicted, Carey Price will miss the Brad Paisley concert at the Bell Centre

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
ok mommy

seriously guys need to relax on he needs rest crap. If Price is tired because of some pick-up 20 min hockey and causes him to lose us a series because his ASG appearance is laughable.

Should he play less games? Yes. But d/t the fact that we are in a struggle to get into the playoffs, its not gonna happen.
It's not the 20 min on the ice that takes the toll, it's the travel to and from, all the media stuff that goes on, then gets back and has to play for his team the next day...and the fact that the other 95% of NHLers get those 3-4 days off.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:40 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's not the 20 min on the ice that takes the toll, it's the travel to and from, all the media stuff that goes on, then gets back and has to play for his team the next day...and the fact that the other 95% of NHLers get those 3-4 days off.
flying first class so hard on your body

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:41 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
And regarding the whole "Price needs to rest" debacle... Please, give me a break. One period of "hockey" won't kill him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
No offense but I find it laughable how some people actually think 1 period of beer league hockey except with no physical play or competitiveness is going to make him from an exceptional playoff goalie to a bust like Theodore.

No offense I just find it laughable and I wonder if people even think before they post that kind of drivel.
Well in fairness, DiPietro almost ended his career in an All-Star Game a couple of years ago. Granted, he had a laundry list of injuries before then...and Price could get hit by a bus walking to his car tomorrow...so yeaahhhh I don't know where I'm going here

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:41 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

why are no Red Wing fans whining about a 40 year old Lindstrom getting tired yet Habs fans are whining about a 23 year year old Price getting tired.......

Old
01-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Poochie_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
My issue arises with teams who already have representatives (Bruins with Chara and Thomas, Edmonton with Hall) having other players who clearly don't belong (Seguin and Hemsky respectively). It just kind of defeats the purpose.

But again, I don't really care that much. I'm just looking for things to ***** about since I'm bored at work, and the ASG selections are perfect
Hey dude! Check your inbox!

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:47 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
why are no Red Wing fans whining about a 40 year old Lindstrom getting tired yet Habs fans are whining about a 23 year year old Price getting tired.......
Because playing goalie is a mental game. Its mentally challenging. However, I'm not complaining that he's at the All Star game. I think its more important, he not play for our team as much down the stretch.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:07 PM
BlackStar

Halak>>>>>>>>>Price. Why? Halak isn't going to the play 20 minutes in the all-star game.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:08 PM
saints96

Quote:
cuz carey gets criticized no matter what he does.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:08 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Because playing goalie is a mental game. Its mentally challenging. However, I'm not complaining that he's at the All Star game. I think its more important, he not play for our team as much down the stretch.
Is he going to injure his brain?

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
flying first class so hard on your body
It's not just the body but also the mind...it adds a road trip plus the added expectation of dealing with the media and other obligations.

Old
01-11-2011, 12:15 PM
saints96

Quote:
It's not just the body but also the mind...it adds a road trip plus the added expectation of dealing with the media and other obligations.
and that would be a first in carey's career... :.. i swear, some people need help....

to the ones who feel him going to the ASG(gone game, one weekend) will be an added mental and physical pressure and fatigue him. please, go back, re-read what you wrote, and tell me how you cant see what your writing is completly ludicrous.

Old
01-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Seguin is there cause he was the #2 pick in the draft, honestly he doesn't impress me. I know he is young and has all the time in the world to be a top player in the league but right now watching Hall play even Skinner I think they are ahead of him
To be fair, he was considered by adept analysts to be well behind Taylor Hall in his development when comparing them in that draft listing. Bob McKenzie suggested he was probably a full year behind Hall (younger than Hall and with one less year of experience at the elite Jr. level), who he considered to be NHL-ready, and that whether the lottery winner selected one vs. the other might just depend on how desperate they are for someone to step right in.

But yeah, all of this has no bearing on him being an All-Star this year. I haven't watched very much Bruins hockey outside of our games, but he hasn't been too visible in the games I've watched.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
cuz carey gets criticized no matter what he does.
How could what he was talking about possibly be construed as criticizing Carey Price?

Old
01-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
and that would be a first in carey's career... :.. i swear, some people need help....

to the ones who feel him going to the ASG(gone game, one weekend) will be an added mental and physical pressure and fatigue him. please, go back, re-read what you wrote, and tell me how you cant see what your writing is completly ludicrous.
Why would it be completely ludicrous? Unless Martin starts playing Auld more, adding the extra trip and responsibilities of going to the ASG will be a step in the wrong direction.

Old
01-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Why would it be completely ludicrous? Unless Martin starts playing Auld more, adding the extra trip and responsibilities of going to the ASG will be a step in the wrong direction.
Look the rest would have been nice and deserved for Carey, then again he also deserves to be there and like others have said that period he will play won't kill him. He will probably get a few days off when he returns from that weekend

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:35 PM
saints96

Quote:
I still wouldnt agree, but i would understand if he was required to play 60 minutes of this game, then the fatigue card could be played. But he is playing 20 minutes guys, 20 minutes. And this whole argument of him being around the media all weekend will be mentally tiring is laughable. Its an exibition game, its fun, its enterainment, there is no ''mental stress involved'' man some of you are soft or what, or is paranoid the better word, whatever it is, to you.

Old
01-11-2011, 12:39 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
How could what he was talking about possibly be construed as criticizing Carey Price?
ummmm... maybe because people are already whining that carey is gonna '' too tired'' when he comes back from the ASG.

Old
01-11-2011, 12:42 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Is he going to injure his brain?
Price has stated that he needs time to work on focus during practice and during long stretches, he doesn't do that as much.

"It's hard, especially for goalies, when you don't have time to work on things like positioning,"

"It's always going to be physical as far as the technique and doing things correctly, and mentally you just need to rest yourself."

"Everybody gets tired at some point," he said. "It's no secret. There are guys in every locker room in the league who get tired. It's these mid-season games, between 30 and 60. You don't see the starting line and you don't see the finish line."

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
ummmm... maybe because people are already whining that carey is gonna '' too tired'' when he comes back from the ASG.
Ummmm....as in he picked himself for the game and decided to take Subban's spot or something?

Again, I see people concerned that he could have used some rest instead, most probaby because they like him and would be interested in seeing him play well down the stretch. Somehow you've understood this to be people criticizing him every chance they get no matter what he does. Ok.