HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price is going to the All-Star Game

Old
01-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

vCash: 500
people seem to forget that these are trained athlethes. The average fan would be exhausted after a month into the season.

For Price, if they "feel" he is tired or wtv, they could cut down on morning skates, and maybe rest him more down the stretch. Or else no one would show up to the ASG because essentially everyone there are integral pieces to their respective team`s sucess. Nucks have 3 players there who are their biggest minute eaters & point producers. Should we now assume that these guys will be tired & the nucks will suffer?

Again, i dont when some of you became experts in stress management, but let me know your contact numbers because i have been feeling a little sleepy during the daytime.

Canadian_Brewtality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
cmon

why are people worried about price? Its a 20 min fun period for him in a stress-less game.

The 2009 ASG was a different story all-together. It was in MTL and the hype was at its peak. I actually think its a nice vote of confidence for him.
Also, he was injured.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:53 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
Ummmm....as in he picked himself for the game and decided to take Subban's spot or something?

Again, I see people concerned that he could have used some rest instead, most probaby because they like him and would be interested in seeing him play well down the stretch. Somehow you've understood this to be people criticizing him every chance they get no matter what he does. Ok.
its been a build up of everything..

''carey shows no emotion doesnt care, blah blah blah''
-carey strikes a pose after his win,'' carey is immature, classeless, no respect ''
thats example 1.. there are many of them.. catch my drift?

no matter what he does.. he gets criticized. end of story.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
its been a build up of everything..

''carey shows no emotion doesnt care, blah blah blah''
-carey strikes a pose after his win,'' carey is immature, classeless, no respect ''
thats example 1.. there are many of them.. catch my drift?

no matter what he does.. he gets criticized. end of story.
Ok, well you're just groping at general stuff that bugs you with some kind of persecution paranoia without specifying anything in this thread. End of story indeed.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 02:15 PM
saints96

Quote:
Ok, well you're just groping at general stuff that bugs you with some kind of persecution paranoia without specifying anything in this thread. End of story indeed.
No that just shows that no matter what he does, people will whine about it. I never heard so much opposition about a player attending an exhibition game. Its absurd. The people who feel he shouldnt go are the paranoid ones, and you see this by the them saying he might fall into another cold streak like he did after his last ASG performance. That's paranoia!

Old
01-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
ummmm... maybe because people are already whining that carey is gonna '' too tired'' when he comes back from the ASG.
It isn't necessarily that he'll get tired from the All Star game rather he won't get the rest he needs from not going. If he had any fatigue/minor injuries from the first half, 3-4 days at home > 2-3 days at the All Star festivities.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 02:38 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
It isn't necessarily that he'll get tired from the All Star game rather he won't get the rest he needs from not going. If he had any fatigue/minor injuries from the first half, 3-4 days at home > 2-3 days at the All Star festivities.
i wont bother arguing my point. there only so many ways i can say the same thing. one last time, he's 22, he's a pro athlete, he's in shape, he'll be fine....

Old
01-11-2011, 02:46 PM
swissexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Seriously EOL,Grabner, Dadonov over Subban and Carlson is insanity.
Those are all players on teams with no other All-Star (with one being the minimum).
I don't think Subban had an All-Star season so far anyways...

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Price rules, gets voted into the ASG
Price 'im just here to put a smile on'
Price performances goes down the drain

I fear a repeat.

Oh and good for Subban not being into the YoungGuns game, he got waaay to much coverage and it clearly affected him early on.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 04:48 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I have never seen fans of a team complain so much about their player being elected to the All-Star Game. Pathetic.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 04:56 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Subban being snubbed for the Rookie comp is probably the best thing that can happen to him. He deserves to be there, but now this just lights a fire under his ass to be even better. PK is the kind of player where if he gets looked over, he generally improves over time because of it.

He certainly deserves to be there over Grabner or OEL, but I'm not too bent out of shape over it.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Gally11

Anyone ever consider that getting away from Montreal's drama for a weekend could be a good thing for his "mental state" lol. A weekend with the boys drinking and playing hockey for fun for once might be what he needs. Last time it was in Montreal so the pressure was still there to do well than he blew it in the rookie game. Their were other confounding variables as well in the fact that he probably hadn't fully recovered from injury yet andddd it's when he introduced those awful red pads I say let him go relax and have a time

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Souvenirs

How annoying can you guys get with that ''oooh noes, 2009 again'' thing? Get over it. Price didn't struggle because he went to the ASG. Our team was incompetent enough to sabotage itself, no need to blame the ASG. I fail to see why going there would curse him.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
You guys make it seem like Price is going to have an all out workout for 3 straight days.
It's a 20 minute low intensity game I doubt that kills him...
Quote:
ok mommy

seriously guys need to relax on he needs rest crap. If Price is tired because of some pick-up 20 min hockey and causes him to lose us a series because his ASG appearance is laughable.

Should he play less games? Yes. But d/t the fact that we are in a struggle to get into the playoffs, its not gonna happen.
'Cause CLEARLY going to the All-Star game is solely about that 20 minutes game. How about all that leads to it? And how about just the mental rest that would have been nice as well? How about just not think about hockey for 1 week? Price is amongst the guy who plays the most. And clearly the guy with the most pressure. So yeah, rest would have been more helpful than being blasted at. But hey who needs a rest when OFTEN coaches give them some time off to....rest. League full of mommies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
Anyone ever consider that getting away from Montreal's drama for a weekend could be a good thing for his "mental state" lol. A weekend with the boys drinking and playing hockey for fun for once might be what he needs. Last time it was in Montreal so the pressure was still there to do well than he blew it in the rookie game. Their were other confounding variables as well in the fact that he probably hadn't fully recovered from injury yet andddd it's when he introduced those awful red pads I say let him go relax and have a time
I have a better one for you. AWAY from Montreal and AWAY from the ice. Why wouldn't it be better for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I have never seen fans of a team complain so much about their player being elected to the All-Star Game. Pathetic.
Pretty sure it's not "complaints" but moreso preference. This game means nothing. I "prefer" to see him when it counts. 'Cause the thing is that we keep saying how this game means nothing, that it's boring as hell and all.....So not sure why we would be happy to see him there.

I knwo other fans who would complain....if their top guy is injured. Though it doesn't happen often, it did happen anyway.

Quote:
people seem to forget that these are trained athlethes. The average fan would be exhausted after a month into the season.

For Price, if they "feel" he is tired or wtv, they could cut down on morning skates, and maybe rest him more down the stretch. Or else no one would show up to the ASG because essentially everyone there are integral pieces to their respective team`s sucess. Nucks have 3 players there who are their biggest minute eaters & point producers. Should we now assume that these guys will be tired & the nucks will suffer?

Again, i dont when some of you became experts in stress management, but let me know your contact numbers because i have been feeling a little sleepy during the daytime.
Isn't it where we're going though? WITHOUT an ASG? They change the formula every year 'cause it's not working, so who cares if it stops happening or not? And while in one paragraph you mention how trained these athletes are, you also mention that if he's tired, he could have the morning skates off....well it's either they are tired or not. If they are, well he could have had this week off to.

Anyway, fine with him if he's going to have a whole lot of fun. But personnally, I don't see the advantage to play in this thing than not playing in it. That's all.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 07:56 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

So weird that OEL who's been up and down from San Antonio to Phoenix all season is playing over Subban

Other than that, Price would be my only pick, and he made it so we're good

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfe View Post
lol Price didn't get voted in so ballot stuffers don't make a difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Well he is ahead of Fleury in both those categories. Price was picked by a player, Fleury wasn't and shouldn't be there with his play so far this season
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
They subtract a 1 GAA off of Price's number to compensate for Picard and Spacegoat. That puts him top 2 then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Probably the #2 in wins and the fact he's put up those stats with his #1 in TOI. Also if you disregard the non starters in Boucher (15 starts this season) and Varlamov (14 starts this season) Price and his 38 starts sit at 5th in gaa. But of course, it must be the ballot stuffers.
I originally looked at this on my BB, and I now see that half the goaltenders of the eastern conference are in the allstar game. No injustice here unless you're a western conference puck stopper. Crazy format.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Souvenirs

There are 7.5 goaltenders from the East in the All Star Game? ****ing rad.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
There are 7.5 goaltenders from the East in the All Star Game? ****ing rad.
I'm sure there's a "Darren Pang" and "out of retirement" joke in there somewhere.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
SB164

Quote:
I'm sure there's a "Darren Pang" and "out of retirement" joke in there somewhere.
Or maybe he's calling Tim Thomas fat.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:12 PM
shamrun

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...-et-53987.html

Subban might still get a chance to play at the all star game.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...-et-53987.html

Subban might still get a chance to play at the all star game.
That really sucks for Logan, what a great season he is having. Having said that I hope PK gets the call, would be cool for him but no one in the locker room would talk to him anyways

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote