HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Capitals @ Panthers "Ovy In Town"

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
Marty Reasoner's shaking his head. An actual guy who's been on winning teams before. He's probably asking himself why he came here, at this point.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:00 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
That doesn't make this a bad call.
Hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
RainingRats

Lucky Stillman didn't get called for a dive.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:04 PM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
How inappropriate is the ".... CUZ THIS IS HOCKEY *ITCH" part on 560 WQAM? LOL

Old
01-11-2011, 09:05 PM
RainingRats

Someone needs to park themselves in front of the net.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
RainingRats

lol, three powerplay goals. this should move us up to 9 percent.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
jglenn001

Send a message via AIM to jglenn001

Old
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Deboer should be fired a disgusting game.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
16Skippy

Great shift by Stillman!

Old
01-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Deboer should be fired a disgusting game.
I'm no DeBoer fan, but I don't see how you can pin this particular game on the coach.

01-11-2011, 09:36 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'm no DeBoer fan, but I don't see how you can pin this particular game on the coach.
they have no reason. any time a team loses like the panthers have lost, someone's gotta pay, or so the story goes. ok, so it was his poor between period speeches? hmm. then how'd the team batten the hatches and play a pretty solid 2nd half of the 3rd after that tying goal? came out pretty strong in the OT too.

i understand the frustration but the truth is this team's problems are multi-faceted. pete is just the easiest target.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:39 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
they have no reason. any time a team loses like the panthers have lost, someone's gotta pay, or so the story goes. ok, so it was his poor between period speeches? hmm. then how'd the team batten the hatches and play a pretty solid 2nd half of the 3rd after that tying goal? came out pretty strong in the OT too.

i understand the frustration but the truth is this team's problems are multi-faceted. pete is just the easiest target.
And pete as you said also happens to be one of the problems in order to fix some of these problems you gotta start somewhere the blown leads have plagued deboers tenure here and its the reason why we missed the playoffs in 09 and is the reason were in games this season but arent seeing results. A good coach goes a long way towards motivating a team REGARDLESS of talent. Its deboers job when the Caps scored to make it 3-1 to say ok boys theyre a talented team but dont let it phase you keep playing your game. Time and again they havent and theyve given up the lead.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Radek4Scoring
Holy Mackenoe!

Send a message via AIM to Radek4Scoring Send a message via Yahoo to Radek4Scoring
Ok Look....we got the win.. doesnt matter how we get it.. WE WON. stop looking on the bad things.. its not as easy a game as the NHL makes it out to be..... we got the much needed win and points... thats the main point. jeez people come on now... >.<

Old
01-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Erick

It's amazing how Boudreau is pissed despite the fact that his team has been playing great hockey, while Pete DeBoring is laughing it up with the media after the game, despite the fact his team blew a 3-0 lead tonight.

That kinda pisses me off about DeBoer.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:59 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
And pete as you said also happens to be one of the problems in order to fix some of these problems you gotta start somewhere the blown leads have plagued deboers tenure here and its the reason why we missed the playoffs in 09 and is the reason were in games this season but arent seeing results. A good coach goes a long way towards motivating a team REGARDLESS of talent. Its deboers job when the Caps scored to make it 3-1 to say ok boys theyre a talented team but dont let it phase you keep playing your game. Time and again they havent and theyve given up the lead.
Agree. I just don't see Tallon firing PD and paying him the remainder of the season. But i guarantee you he will not be renewed.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
It's amazing how Boudreau is pissed despite the fact that his team has been playing great hockey, while Pete DeBoring is laughing it up with the media after the game, despite the fact his team blew a 3-0 lead tonight.

For three years PD's "affect" has been off. Its disturbing.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:02 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Great midweek crowd by the way. Pretty loud for a tuesday game, very impressive after a 3 game losing streak the enthusiasm shown by the fans. Even after the de ja vu collapse the fans were supportive.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:56 PM
um

Quote:

we've been playing good defensively but when your offense and your PP isnt producing and you've got semin, ovechkin, backstrom, and green on your team that is unacceptable

Old
01-11-2011, 11:07 PM
zeroG

Quote:
they have given up some leads this season and, against some teams (carolina), that trend goes back pretty far but, in general, you are wrong - pete's teams have been better at holding on to leads that those of previous coaches.

and, while a coach can certainly influence a team's identity to an extent, when the rubber hits the road, the players have their own personalities and the team its own identity. because pete couldn't stop the bleeding in a handful of games recently really means very little. boudreau (who erick below talks up) couldn't find the magic incantation when his team was falling down 3 or 4 to 0 every night during their slide. bylsma couldn't prevent the pens from giving up 4 goals in the last 3 minutes and losing last night. what happened there?

fans just put way to much into things like this. as someone who coaches high school kids, who's been on the bench and given those speeches in championship games and been on both the winning and losing sides, the truth is that the players have to go out there and play.

i'm reminded of a story retold by jack parker (BU hockey coach) about hubie brown while coaching the 76ers. during a timeout at a key junction of a big game (maybe playoffs or finals), brown stood with his assistants while the players were talking amongst themselves. the expectation of course was that he'd be yelling and trying to pump up his guys but he stood there talking with his assistants, looking concerned. as the horn to end the timeout sounded, he pulled dr. J off to the side and said urgently "*you* gotta go out there and do something!". this is apparently captured on video somewhere.

Quote:

this is an unfair comment. of course pete's going to be a bit more giddy. he ****ing won. likewise for boudreau. the last x games don't mean a thing. he LOST.

for the record, one thing i've heard consistently from nhl players over the years is that they appreciate coaches who are upbeat and positive. the season's a grind, things don't always go your way, etc., etc. that's one of the reasons why boudreau was a better fit with the happy-go-lucky, talented caps. you heard the pens talk about that same thing on 24/7 regarding bylsma. however, now, it's a "affect" (according to poster below) and a bad thing? that's a load.

this name calling is a bit childish as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Agree. I just don't see Tallon firing PD and paying him the remainder of the season. But i guarantee you he will not be renewed.
YOU guarantee? who the heck are you? lot's a vile and venom but very little substance to any of your rants. it's pointless engage you directly as you have shown that you really have little more to add other than "he's a bad coach". i just like pointing out how silly that type of stuff is. any time you want to talk substance, tho....

Old
01-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
I'm not so sure about that. On NHL PowerPlay today Tallon was one of the guests and they were talking about the Panthers and how DeBoer has done a wonderful job squeezing every ounce of talent out of the team, and they asked Tallon what he thought, and he said something like "yes, absolutely he's done a great job". Could just be talk, but I didn't get that impression. It also sounded like it might not matter if Vokoun decides he wants to re-sign by the trade deadline. If we're out of it by then, it sounds like Tallon would probably shop him. It sounds like he's going to stand pat until the deadline, and we'll either be buyers or sellers. Maybe only a couple UFA's get re-signed.

Old
01-12-2011, 01:21 AM
CanadianPantherFan

Another solid effort with almost pooping it away yet again. Wideman nice GWG., but get some new sticks! How much sticks has he broke this year?

I disagree with Goldie on the Stillman keep in play. I would say more like good effort or even lucky. If that slipped by his hip/leg...Caps have a 2 on 1 shorthanded the other way and win the game.

I did not get what Lindsay meant either by saying "keep the rookie Dadonov out there and let him learn,if he's a veteran maybe let him sit for a bit". Isn't it usually the other way around when a player is having an off game or struggling? I thought Dads was solid,penalties aside.

I hope to see Green or Ovie lit up like a Christmas tree in January next time these two teams meet. If Ovie wants to run around, Panthers should play that game too.

Old
01-12-2011, 01:37 AM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
they have given up some leads this season and, against some teams (carolina), that trend goes back pretty far but, in general, you are wrong - pete's teams have been better at holding on to leads that those of previous coaches.

and, while a coach can certainly influence a team's identity to an extent, when the rubber hits the road, the players have their own personalities and the team its own identity. because pete couldn't stop the bleeding in a handful of games recently really means very little. boudreau (who erick below talks up) couldn't find the magic incantation when his team was falling down 3 or 4 to 0 every night during their slide. bylsma couldn't prevent the pens from giving up 4 goals in the last 3 minutes and losing last night. what happened there?

fans just put way to much into things like this. as someone who coaches high school kids, who's been on the bench and given those speeches in championship games and been on both the winning and losing sides, the truth is that the players have to go out there and play.

i'm reminded of a story retold by jack parker (BU hockey coach) about hubie brown while coaching the 76ers. during a timeout at a key junction of a big game (maybe playoffs or finals), brown stood with his assistants while the players were talking amongst themselves. the expectation of course was that he'd be yelling and trying to pump up his guys but he stood there talking with his assistants, looking concerned. as the horn to end the timeout sounded, he pulled dr. J off to the side and said urgently "*you* gotta go out there and do something!". this is apparently captured on video somewhere.
Are you talking in coach talk (as I coach too) that... players have to take ownership. It does make sense and is logical. I am not a PDB. basher around here, but I know some are for sure.

Old
01-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I'm sure most dont care or dont realize it but the 3 assists in this game for Weiss moved him ahead of Viktor Kozlov for 4th in the franchise for assists with 191. Mellanby is 3rd with 197 so he should top him in about 10 games or so. If Weiss is still here next season, he should pass Jokinen (231) for #1 in assists in the franchise. Weiss is now 3rd in the franchise in pts with 310, 44 pts behind Mellanby for 2nd, so he prob wont pass him until next season as well.

Old
01-12-2011, 06:22 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Marty Reasoner's shaking his head. An actual guy who's been on winning teams before. He's probably asking himself why he came here, at this point.
I doubt has was asking that. He knows he got here via trade for Jeff Taffe (still can't believe we gave him up for a stiff like Reasoner ) he didn't have a choice.

Old
01-12-2011, 06:52 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
All this talk about this guy being traded, or that guy getting fired, needs to stop. The FIRST order of business is to get Lindsay a job in management somewhere, and GET HIM OFF THE AIR! Just listen to what he had to say after Wideman's game winner, its just really awful

Closed Thread