HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Capitals @ Panthers "Ovy In Town"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2011, 09:00 PM
  #51
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,516
vCash: 500
Marty Reasoner's shaking his head. An actual guy who's been on winning teams before. He's probably asking himself why he came here, at this point.

Erick is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:00 PM
  #52
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor
 
StrangeVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 13,971
vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
That doesn't make this a bad call.
Hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.

StrangeVision is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
  #53
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,635
vCash: 500
Lucky Stillman didn't get called for a dive.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:04 PM
  #54
billysbreakdown
Registered User
 
billysbreakdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,286
vCash: 235
How inappropriate is the ".... CUZ THIS IS HOCKEY *ITCH" part on 560 WQAM? LOL

billysbreakdown is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:05 PM
  #55
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,635
vCash: 500
Someone needs to park themselves in front of the net.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
  #56
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,635
vCash: 500
lol, three powerplay goals. this should move us up to 9 percent.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
  #57
jglenn001
Registered User
 
jglenn001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jglenn001

jglenn001 is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
  #58
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Deboer should be fired a disgusting game.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
  #59
16Skippy
Registered User
 
16Skippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Great shift by Stillman!

16Skippy is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:20 PM
  #60
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Deboer should be fired a disgusting game.
I'm no DeBoer fan, but I don't see how you can pin this particular game on the coach.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is online now  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:36 PM
  #61
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'm no DeBoer fan, but I don't see how you can pin this particular game on the coach.
they have no reason. any time a team loses like the panthers have lost, someone's gotta pay, or so the story goes. ok, so it was his poor between period speeches? hmm. then how'd the team batten the hatches and play a pretty solid 2nd half of the 3rd after that tying goal? came out pretty strong in the OT too.

i understand the frustration but the truth is this team's problems are multi-faceted. pete is just the easiest target.

zeroG is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:39 PM
  #62
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
they have no reason. any time a team loses like the panthers have lost, someone's gotta pay, or so the story goes. ok, so it was his poor between period speeches? hmm. then how'd the team batten the hatches and play a pretty solid 2nd half of the 3rd after that tying goal? came out pretty strong in the OT too.

i understand the frustration but the truth is this team's problems are multi-faceted. pete is just the easiest target.
And pete as you said also happens to be one of the problems in order to fix some of these problems you gotta start somewhere the blown leads have plagued deboers tenure here and its the reason why we missed the playoffs in 09 and is the reason were in games this season but arent seeing results. A good coach goes a long way towards motivating a team REGARDLESS of talent. Its deboers job when the Caps scored to make it 3-1 to say ok boys theyre a talented team but dont let it phase you keep playing your game. Time and again they havent and theyve given up the lead.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:48 PM
  #63
Radek4Scoring
Holy Mackenoe!
 
Radek4Scoring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SunRise Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek4Scoring Send a message via Yahoo to Radek4Scoring
Ok Look....we got the win.. doesnt matter how we get it.. WE WON. stop looking on the bad things.. its not as easy a game as the NHL makes it out to be..... we got the much needed win and points... thats the main point. jeez people come on now... >.<

Radek4Scoring is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:55 PM
  #64
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,516
vCash: 500
It's amazing how Boudreau is pissed despite the fact that his team has been playing great hockey, while Pete DeBoring is laughing it up with the media after the game, despite the fact his team blew a 3-0 lead tonight.

That kinda pisses me off about DeBoer.

Erick is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 09:59 PM
  #65
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
And pete as you said also happens to be one of the problems in order to fix some of these problems you gotta start somewhere the blown leads have plagued deboers tenure here and its the reason why we missed the playoffs in 09 and is the reason were in games this season but arent seeing results. A good coach goes a long way towards motivating a team REGARDLESS of talent. Its deboers job when the Caps scored to make it 3-1 to say ok boys theyre a talented team but dont let it phase you keep playing your game. Time and again they havent and theyve given up the lead.
Agree. I just don't see Tallon firing PD and paying him the remainder of the season. But i guarantee you he will not be renewed.

adam graves is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
  #66
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
It's amazing how Boudreau is pissed despite the fact that his team has been playing great hockey, while Pete DeBoring is laughing it up with the media after the game, despite the fact his team blew a 3-0 lead tonight.

That kinda pisses me off about DeBoer.
For three years PD's "affect" has been off. Its disturbing.

adam graves is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 10:02 PM
  #67
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,875
vCash: 500
Great midweek crowd by the way. Pretty loud for a tuesday game, very impressive after a 3 game losing streak the enthusiasm shown by the fans. Even after the de ja vu collapse the fans were supportive.

adam graves is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 10:56 PM
  #68
um
Registered User
 
um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
It's amazing how Boudreau is pissed despite the fact that his team has been playing great hockey, while Pete DeBoring is laughing it up with the media after the game, despite the fact his team blew a 3-0 lead tonight.

That kinda pisses me off about DeBoer.
we've been playing good defensively but when your offense and your PP isnt producing and you've got semin, ovechkin, backstrom, and green on your team that is unacceptable

um is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 11:07 PM
  #69
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
And pete as you said also happens to be one of the problems in order to fix some of these problems you gotta start somewhere the blown leads have plagued deboers tenure here and its the reason why we missed the playoffs in 09 and is the reason were in games this season but arent seeing results. A good coach goes a long way towards motivating a team REGARDLESS of talent. Its deboers job when the Caps scored to make it 3-1 to say ok boys theyre a talented team but dont let it phase you keep playing your game. Time and again they havent and theyve given up the lead.
they have given up some leads this season and, against some teams (carolina), that trend goes back pretty far but, in general, you are wrong - pete's teams have been better at holding on to leads that those of previous coaches.

and, while a coach can certainly influence a team's identity to an extent, when the rubber hits the road, the players have their own personalities and the team its own identity. because pete couldn't stop the bleeding in a handful of games recently really means very little. boudreau (who erick below talks up) couldn't find the magic incantation when his team was falling down 3 or 4 to 0 every night during their slide. bylsma couldn't prevent the pens from giving up 4 goals in the last 3 minutes and losing last night. what happened there?

fans just put way to much into things like this. as someone who coaches high school kids, who's been on the bench and given those speeches in championship games and been on both the winning and losing sides, the truth is that the players have to go out there and play.

i'm reminded of a story retold by jack parker (BU hockey coach) about hubie brown while coaching the 76ers. during a timeout at a key junction of a big game (maybe playoffs or finals), brown stood with his assistants while the players were talking amongst themselves. the expectation of course was that he'd be yelling and trying to pump up his guys but he stood there talking with his assistants, looking concerned. as the horn to end the timeout sounded, he pulled dr. J off to the side and said urgently "*you* gotta go out there and do something!". this is apparently captured on video somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
It's amazing how Boudreau is pissed despite the fact that his team has been playing great hockey, while Pete DeBoring is laughing it up with the media after the game, despite the fact his team blew a 3-0 lead tonight.

That kinda pisses me off about DeBoer.
this is an unfair comment. of course pete's going to be a bit more giddy. he ****ing won. likewise for boudreau. the last x games don't mean a thing. he LOST.

for the record, one thing i've heard consistently from nhl players over the years is that they appreciate coaches who are upbeat and positive. the season's a grind, things don't always go your way, etc., etc. that's one of the reasons why boudreau was a better fit with the happy-go-lucky, talented caps. you heard the pens talk about that same thing on 24/7 regarding bylsma. however, now, it's a "affect" (according to poster below) and a bad thing? that's a load.

this name calling is a bit childish as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Agree. I just don't see Tallon firing PD and paying him the remainder of the season. But i guarantee you he will not be renewed.
YOU guarantee? who the heck are you? lot's a vile and venom but very little substance to any of your rants. it's pointless engage you directly as you have shown that you really have little more to add other than "he's a bad coach". i just like pointing out how silly that type of stuff is. any time you want to talk substance, tho....

zeroG is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 12:55 AM
  #70
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 15,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Agree. I just don't see Tallon firing PD and paying him the remainder of the season. But i guarantee you he will not be renewed.
I'm not so sure about that. On NHL PowerPlay today Tallon was one of the guests and they were talking about the Panthers and how DeBoer has done a wonderful job squeezing every ounce of talent out of the team, and they asked Tallon what he thought, and he said something like "yes, absolutely he's done a great job". Could just be talk, but I didn't get that impression. It also sounded like it might not matter if Vokoun decides he wants to re-sign by the trade deadline. If we're out of it by then, it sounds like Tallon would probably shop him. It sounds like he's going to stand pat until the deadline, and we'll either be buyers or sellers. Maybe only a couple UFA's get re-signed.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 01:21 AM
  #71
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,281
vCash: 500
Another solid effort with almost pooping it away yet again. Wideman nice GWG., but get some new sticks! How much sticks has he broke this year?

I disagree with Goldie on the Stillman keep in play. I would say more like good effort or even lucky. If that slipped by his hip/leg...Caps have a 2 on 1 shorthanded the other way and win the game.

I did not get what Lindsay meant either by saying "keep the rookie Dadonov out there and let him learn,if he's a veteran maybe let him sit for a bit". Isn't it usually the other way around when a player is having an off game or struggling? I thought Dads was solid,penalties aside.

I hope to see Green or Ovie lit up like a Christmas tree in January next time these two teams meet. If Ovie wants to run around, Panthers should play that game too.

CanadianPantherFan is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 01:37 AM
  #72
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
they have given up some leads this season and, against some teams (carolina), that trend goes back pretty far but, in general, you are wrong - pete's teams have been better at holding on to leads that those of previous coaches.

and, while a coach can certainly influence a team's identity to an extent, when the rubber hits the road, the players have their own personalities and the team its own identity. because pete couldn't stop the bleeding in a handful of games recently really means very little. boudreau (who erick below talks up) couldn't find the magic incantation when his team was falling down 3 or 4 to 0 every night during their slide. bylsma couldn't prevent the pens from giving up 4 goals in the last 3 minutes and losing last night. what happened there?

fans just put way to much into things like this. as someone who coaches high school kids, who's been on the bench and given those speeches in championship games and been on both the winning and losing sides, the truth is that the players have to go out there and play.

i'm reminded of a story retold by jack parker (BU hockey coach) about hubie brown while coaching the 76ers. during a timeout at a key junction of a big game (maybe playoffs or finals), brown stood with his assistants while the players were talking amongst themselves. the expectation of course was that he'd be yelling and trying to pump up his guys but he stood there talking with his assistants, looking concerned. as the horn to end the timeout sounded, he pulled dr. J off to the side and said urgently "*you* gotta go out there and do something!". this is apparently captured on video somewhere.
Are you talking in coach talk (as I coach too) that... players have to take ownership. It does make sense and is logical. I am not a PDB. basher around here, but I know some are for sure.

CanadianPantherFan is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 06:04 AM
  #73
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,345
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I'm sure most dont care or dont realize it but the 3 assists in this game for Weiss moved him ahead of Viktor Kozlov for 4th in the franchise for assists with 191. Mellanby is 3rd with 197 so he should top him in about 10 games or so. If Weiss is still here next season, he should pass Jokinen (231) for #1 in assists in the franchise. Weiss is now 3rd in the franchise in pts with 310, 44 pts behind Mellanby for 2nd, so he prob wont pass him until next season as well.

Coolburn is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 06:22 AM
  #74
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Marty Reasoner's shaking his head. An actual guy who's been on winning teams before. He's probably asking himself why he came here, at this point.
I doubt has was asking that. He knows he got here via trade for Jeff Taffe (still can't believe we gave him up for a stiff like Reasoner ) he didn't have a choice.

PBPantherfan is online now  
Old
01-12-2011, 06:52 AM
  #75
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
All this talk about this guy being traded, or that guy getting fired, needs to stop. The FIRST order of business is to get Lindsay a job in management somewhere, and GET HIM OFF THE AIR! Just listen to what he had to say after Wideman's game winner, its just really awful

pb1300 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.