HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Inside College Hockey Projects Montoya to Rangers

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2004, 10:26 AM
NYblades

vCash: 500
Inside College Hockey Projects Montoya to Rangers

Quote:
On a few occasions, we've asked what you get the team that has everything. In the Rangers' case, we'd like to know which way the team that needs everything and then some will go. With Dan Blackburn coming back from an injury that kept him out all of last season and Mike Dunham being, well, Mike Dunham, the Blue Shirts are in need of a goalie prospect. On the ice, Montoya is certainly up to the task of being a No. 1 netminder. Perhaps more important, he's got the confidence and personality to handle the rigors of playing in Gotham. Besides, look at that face...if he could someday lead the Rangers to the Cup, he'd be bigger than Derek Jeter. He's already got a better glove.

Projection: New York Rangers, first round, fifth overall

Inside College Hockey Draft

Old
06-25-2004, 10:31 AM
drewcon40

Maybe I am missing something? I know that Henrik Lundqvist signed or has one more year left at Frolunda (the Swedish team's name????)

Anyway, I thought that he signed or committed to that team due to the uncertainty of the pending NHL season. If there isn't a season, the AHL Wolfpack would have to play Blackburn for a majority of the year.

Anyway, has Lundqvist's status dropped? Some magazines and or draft guides that have the Rangers selecting Montoya, never mention Lundqvist.

Old
06-25-2004, 10:36 AM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
There's no guarantee that some media sources have done enough homework to know anything about Lundqvist (although you'd think it would only take checking out the WHC website...). We all know him because he's a Rangers prospect, but some lazy hack covering all 30 teams might not have heard of him. Even if they still think that the Rangers will draft Montoya, they should mention Lundqvist in their capsule.

This website is affiliated with ESPN, after all. Not only that, but they have the Rangers picking fifth overall. Perhaps they think Slats will send Tyutin, Lundmark, #6, and #24 to Phoenix to avoid losing Montoya

Old
06-25-2004, 01:55 PM
JJ68NYR

"Projection: New York Rangers, first round, fifth overall "

Am I seeing things or does it say FIFTH overall? Now I'm supposed to trust this college hockey site?

Old
06-25-2004, 07:41 PM
PanMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40
Maybe I am missing something? I know that Henrik Lundqvist signed or has one more year left at Frolunda (the Swedish team's name????)

Anyway, I thought that he signed or committed to that team due to the uncertainty of the pending NHL season. If there isn't a season, the AHL Wolfpack would have to play Blackburn for a majority of the year.

Anyway, has Lundqvist's status dropped? Some magazines and or draft guides that have the Rangers selecting Montoya, never mention Lundqvist.

maybe that's why they have us selecting a goalie . . . because they don't know that we have TWO top goalie prospects. i really hope somebody selects both goalies before sather gets a chance to. i just don't trust the guy.

Old
06-25-2004, 08:12 PM
JJ68NYR

I trust sather. Its not like sather doesnt know he has lundqvist and blackburn. All that counts is wat sather knows not some stupid guide. Sather has to know it just makes no sense at all for the Rangers to draft a guy that would be 2-3 yrs away from beind ready when Lundqvist may play next season or wait one more yr and then play. And he is practically the best in europe so does it make sense? Lundqvist has already expressed interest in coming here right now saying he's readt so even if he does wait one more yr he'll be ready to go the yr after. PLUS we have Blackburn too.

Closed Thread