HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Question about shooting pucks

Old
01-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Iplayhockehh

vCash: 500
Question about shooting pucks

Hey guys, I have a question about shooting pucks.
First of all, my problem is that when I shoot pucks outside I can only manage 200-250 shots (finding pucks is a pain) but the thing about shooting outside is that I can shoot from farther away and aim for the top corners of my net. However, when I shoot inside my garage I can manage 500-1000 shots. But when I shoot pucks in my garage im not that far away from my net so im not really focusing on accuracy. Anyways, my question is would shooting 200-300 pucks focusing on accuracy be better than shooting 500-1000 pucks focusing on mainly repetition and muscle memory of technique?
Thanks guys

Iplayhockehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Mhoogasian94123

I would use the indoor shooting as more of improving my wristshot or shooting up close. That would help with some areas of accuracy. The outside I would consider improving my slapper. If you don't like picking up pucks can you go to a camping place and get nets to keep the puck in a specific area? In California there's not always a place to shoot all time long. That's my $.02. I hope I can help you

Mhoogasian94123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Iplayhockehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhoogasian94123 View Post
I would use the indoor shooting as more of improving my wristshot or shooting up close. That would help with some areas of accuracy. The outside I would consider improving my slapper. If you don't like picking up pucks can you go to a camping place and get nets to keep the puck in a specific area? In California there's not always a place to shoot all time long. That's my $.02. I hope I can help you
Is there a reason why I should practice my slapshot outdoors and my wrist shot indoors?

Iplayhockehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:00 PM
mbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iplayhockehh View Post
Is there a reason why I should practice my slapshot outdoors and my wrist shot indoors?
I think because he figured you had more distance to shoot outdoors.

mbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:42 AM
pass the bisk

Do both. Build strength and better technique by shooting a ton of pucks then work on the accuracy

pass the bisk is offline   Reply With Quote