HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lehner, Locke called up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2011, 08:54 PM
  #26
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,521
vCash: 500
Elliott has got to be excited that he will get a game off from this mess...If Locke doesnt generate offense in game 1 how long will it take for the "I told u so" threads??

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 08:55 PM
  #27
Alfredsson11
Registered User
 
Alfredsson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I don't understand the problem with calling up prospects at this time. The Sens are out of it, we all know this, every team calls up their prospects once they decide they are out of it & begin the evaluations towards next season. It's not going to do anything to their development, in fact, they should be quite pumped about it.
A little bit different for a player then goalie, id rather Lehner down in the AHL playing competitive hockey rather than getting blowed out every game because the team in front of him is ****..

But if its only shortterm, for a couple games, i dont mind

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 08:58 PM
  #28
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
This is the perfect time to start calling guys up, see how their prospects match up against NHL competition, and give guys a shot to show The Sens what they got. It has nothing to do with desperation like someone mentioned, it has nothing to do with trying to salvage w/e is left of the season.

The pressure is off for Lehner, if he doesn't win his first time out, oh well. If he doesn't have a good game, oh well, nothing hangs on the next 39 games for Lehner or any prospect. Time to see what they got.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 08:59 PM
  #29
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
A little bit different for a player then goalie, id rather Lehner down in the AHL playing competitive hockey rather than getting blowed out every game because the team in front of him is ****..

But if its only shortterm, for a couple games, i dont mind
Lehner playing some games will go a long way in finding out whether The Sens need to go out and sign a goaltender next year or not. If he struggles then they know he isn't ready, if he plays well then they may go with Elliott and Lehner next year.

Pressure's off, nothing hangs on his performance.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:00 PM
  #30
Suiteness
Registered User
 
Suiteness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Time to Rebuild
Posts: 6,752
vCash: 500
Lehner is not ready for the NHL. He's 19 and he's yet to play a full season as a pro yet. What is the rush? Bring him up right, let's bring him up smartly.

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:00 PM
  #31
Carlton Orr*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,169
vCash: 500
haha, when is Lessard getting called up? What a damn joke this has become.

Carlton Orr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:00 PM
  #32
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 16,544
vCash: 500
Im going to the Sens-Flyers game next week so I hope I get to see Lehner start. Interested to watch Locke as well.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:01 PM
  #33
FlapJackKing
Ottawa Senators
 
FlapJackKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
This is the perfect time to start calling guys up, see how their prospects match up against NHL competition, and give guys a shot to show The Sens what they got. It has nothing to do with desperation like someone mentioned, it has nothing to do with trying to salvage w/e is left of the season.

The pressure is off for Lehner, if he doesn't win his first time out, oh well. If he doesn't have a good game, oh well, nothing hangs on the next 39 games for Lehner or any prospect. Time to see what they got.
This. ^

I think it is more of a worry if he goes out and absolutely shuts down a couple of teams and for some odd reason Murray feels the need to leave him here. Imo give him a couple of games to give him a taste and then send him back down. There is alot of hockey to be played yet this season and you can expect him to play between 30-40 games in the various leagues plus the World Juniors. That is a good year for a young kid.

FlapJackKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:01 PM
  #34
White Goodman
smell that fitness?
 
White Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: England
Posts: 6,827
vCash: 50
I don't get the Lehner call-up hate. Atleast he'll get a God damn game. Win or lose, it's NHL experience. He'll be facing this for the next 15+ years. How is it rushing?

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:02 PM
  #35
Alfredsson11
Registered User
 
Alfredsson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
Lehner playing some games will go a long way in finding out whether The Sens need to go out and sign a goaltender next year or not. If he struggles then they know he isn't ready, if he plays well then they may go with Elliott and Lehner next year.

Pressure's off, nothing hangs on his performance.
Bingo is a playoff team, I think he would benefit for the long term, finishing out the season down there and going into the playoffs, not finishing out the year in ottawa then going back down..

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:02 PM
  #36
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Lehner is not ready for the NHL. He's 19 and he's yet to play a full season as a pro yet. What is the rush? Bring him up right, let's bring him up smartly.
A game or two isn't going to hurt and they need to see what they are going into next year with, not just with Lehner but with a few guys. On the road, in NYI, and no chance of a playoff spot. It's actually the perfect game to start him.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
  #37
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Im going to the Sens-Flyers game next week so I hope I get to see Lehner start. Interested to watch Locke as well.
poor bugger

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:04 PM
  #38
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
Bingo is a playoff team, I think he would benefit for the long term, finishing out the season down there and going into the playoffs, not finishing out the year in ottawa then going back down..
He's not up here for good. All the players eligable for Bingo will be there for the playoffs, no worries there. Giving guys a taste or seeing what they have is the smart thing to do at this point.

A game or two for Lehner does nothing to hurt him.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:04 PM
  #39
Alfredsson11
Registered User
 
Alfredsson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilencerX View Post
I don't get the Lehner hate. Atleast he'll get a God damn game. Win or lose, it's NHL experience. He'll be facing this for the next 15+ years. How is it rushing?
Nobody is hating on the guy, just disagreements with what will benefit him the most....

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:05 PM
  #40
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilencerX View Post
I don't get the Lehner hate. Atleast he'll get a God damn game. Win or lose, it's NHL experience. He'll be facing this for the next 15+ years. How is it rushing?
I don't think there is any hate from anyone... some people don't want him rushed which I get but I don't think giving him some spot work is actually rushing him.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:05 PM
  #41
Mr_Squeaks
Poor Impulse Control
 
Mr_Squeaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
A game or two isn't going to hurt and they need to see what they are going into next year with, not just with Lehner but with a few guys. On the road, in NYI, and no chance of a playoff spot. It's actually the perfect game to start him.
Agreed, although I'd rather see him against Jersey than the 7-of-their-last-11 Islanders, but there are really not that many teams we can "safely" bring him out against. Bring him on.

Mr_Squeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
  #42
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?
 
Kickabrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,930
vCash: 500
So people have looked into their crystal balls and have already seen that Lehner will get bombed. Can the same people let me know the score for the next game please, I need to make some extra bucks. Thanks

Kickabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
  #43
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
Nobody is hating on the guy, just disagreements with what will benefit him the most....
Exactly. I would argue The Sens have had that NYI game picked out for Lehner for a long time now.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
  #44
White Goodman
smell that fitness?
 
White Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: England
Posts: 6,827
vCash: 50
Reworded . . . .

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
  #45
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!
 
Fenix Rises 2026's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,525
vCash: 500
I'm a big fan of giving the young guys a shot here and there. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a rotating spot on our roster to be filled with prospects throughout the year. Make it nice and clear right off the bat that this is a temporary spot to evaluate them and nobody sticks in the spot, regardless of how they play. It would give them a good incentive throughout the year to work their ***** off in the minors and get a few games in the big leagues.

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
  #46
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 16,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
poor bugger
Oh Im getting **** faced for it, were going to get our ***** handed to us, I actually cancelled my DC trip for Sens-Caps this Sunday cause of how bad we suck, Id rather save the money and just spend more on tickets for this Sens-Flyers game so I can see us suck up close.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:10 PM
  #47
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba Troopa View Post
I'm a big fan of giving the young guys a shot here and there. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a rotating spot on our roster to be filled with prospects throughout the year. Make it nice and clear right off the bat that this is a temporary spot to evaluate them and nobody sticks in the spot, regardless of how they play. It would give them a good incentive throughout the year to work their ***** off in the minors and get a few games in the big leagues.
That's exactly what is going to happen.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:20 PM
  #48
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,536
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
They had planned to call Lehner up for the weekend as backup according to reports this morning, so its not a response to tonight unless he's suddenly the starting goalie.
According to who's reports? Yours?

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:24 PM
  #49
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I don't understand the problem with calling up prospects at this time. The Sens are out of it, we all know this, every team calls up their prospects once they decide they are out of it & begin the evaluations towards next season. It's not going to do anything to their development, in fact, they should be quite pumped about it.
The problem is that Locke is not a prospect. There's no point in calling him up.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:36 PM
  #50
trobby
Registered User
 
trobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
will all the locke fanboys finally stop whining?
Are you upset that the Sens may score a goal now?

trobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.