LA Angels of Anaheim Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Hockey Duckie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
Glad they benched Wells, but maybe they should also bench Pujols, and give Morales a chance.
Actually, Morales does get a lot of chances. Usually, Morales is the DH. And if he's not DH'ing, then he is waiting to pinch hit.

As of today, the Angels have moved out from the AL West cellar as we passed up the Mariners! Yay for wins!

Team Wins Losses
Texas2212
Oakland1816
Angels15 19
Seattle15 20

Old
05-13-2012, 04:06 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Always positive

Alberts struggles are incredibly perplexing, it's as if he forgot how to hit

Old
05-14-2012, 03:49 PM
gradeAducksfan

It's so hard watching this team.

It's like watching the Ducks play. One game they look like there unbeatable and then they look terrible. What is it going to take to start making Albert hit the ball? The Angels will continue to play like crap if he doesn't start hitting the ball. Maybe he needs to take a seat on the bench again, or bat him 8th or 9th. He needs to be out of the 3rd spot in the line-up.

Old
05-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan View Post
It's so hard watching this team.

It's like watching the Ducks play. One game they look like there unbeatable and then they look terrible. What is it going to take to start making Albert hit the ball? The Angels will continue to play like crap if he doesn't start hitting the ball. Maybe he needs to take a seat on the bench again, or bat him 8th or 9th. He needs to be out of the 3rd spot in the line-up.
Ha ha ha ha I've mentioned this before about Albert and the third spot not being a great mix right now. No one's afraid of Albert right now and he needs out of the third spot until he earns it again. You have Trumbo, Morales, and Kendrick who have been hitting better than Pujols and are more dangerous as well. Hunter can be clutch and young Trout is adding a little spark. The team's problems are the two highest paid players on the team are not performing.

But our pitching has been up and down recently. CJ was odd for one inning, but came back strong the next. Haren and Weaver are Texan owned.

Old
05-14-2012, 09:31 PM
KelVarnsen
Line combos anyone?

Albert is simply awful right now. I agree. Id hit him 6th maybe 7th right now. I know that may be extreme but he seriously is jeff mathis bad right now

Old
05-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Hockey Duckie

I hope the team can perform still without its heart, Torii. Torii had to leave the team for personal reasons. Best of luck, Torii.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:17 PM
gradeAducksfan

Angels are shut out again.... Man this team needs a coaching change.

At some point you have to stop thinking that Albert is coming to come around again. Clearly he is not and the Angels are hurting because of that. I hope that coaching will grab there balls and bench him or move him to the last of the order!

So far the Angels are a joke and everyone in the league is laughing. We look like the biggest goons for signing him.

Old
05-15-2012, 01:19 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Hitting coach goes.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:40 PM
KelVarnsen
Line combos anyone?

Hatcher gone......maybe team will wake up?

Old
05-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Hitting coach goes.
Wow, nice call

Old
05-16-2012, 01:02 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Wow, nice call
I woke up to see the article this morning and I just snickered. hahaha

If I can only apply this logic to useful things like the lottery, when my boss will be leaving for the day, etc.

Old
05-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Hockey Duckie

The Angels lead the Major with being shut out 8 times already. But also, you can pepper in a couple of shutouts and a no hitter being dished out by the Angels as well. It's the consistency that's the problem. Hated to see Hatcher go as he's the same hitting coach who had all of his starters hit over .300 for the whole season a few seasons ago. You can't fire Albert... but Albert was hitting very well during pre-season ball. I don't know what gives?

With Torii gone for a certain amount of time, the Angels might as well look at this as a preview for next season as this is Torii's last contracted year with the Angels. The Angels have three young guys that can play outfield, with two of them owning some pop to their bats: CF Bourjos, CF/LF Trout, and LF/RF Trumbo. Vernon Wells is still with the team for a few more years, unfortunately. I would stop acquiring anymore veteran outfielders after Wells and Hunter expired their contracts. The Angels need to do so in order to recoup profit from the Albert Pujols contract.

The Angels have a big bat at first base down in the minors that they can dangle for a trade, hopefully for a big bat at third base in someone else's minor system. The prospect is CJ Cron. He leads the high A team homers and second in RBIs, 4 and 21, respectively. Cron is listed as the third highest prospect for the team, but there's no real need for a first baseman in the Majors with Pujols, Trumbo, and Morales that can play first base. Note, Pujols is signed for the next nine seasons.

Old
05-17-2012, 02:45 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Always positive

Nice win last nite 7 runs, Pujols homers, Trout and Trumbo continue to be the highlights of the team

Old
05-17-2012, 11:38 AM
DarthYenik

Could be that Pujols was inspired by the firing of Hatcher, I don't know. But whatever gets em hitting is okay by me.

Old
05-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Theridion

Quote:
Could be that Pujols was inspired by the firing of Hatcher, I don't know. But whatever gets em hitting is okay by me.
A coach was fired. I'd be worried by ANY team that saw a coach fired and didn't respond... whether or not that coach was the problem.

Old
05-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

Looks like Big Albert went deep again

Old
05-21-2012, 10:23 PM
DarthYenik

Wells is out for 2-3 months. Must have jacked his thumb up worse than it looked. Looks like the universe made room for Bourjos and Trout to play at the same time. And Trumbo is getting time in the OF, which makes room for Morales.

Old
05-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Finnpin

Good that the youngsters get some experience, this season is effed up anyways.

Old
05-22-2012, 01:45 AM
BleedingOil

Who is going to win the battle for closer

Old
05-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
From what I've read, Pujols' slight improvement coincides with his family finally moving into southern cal from back east. Maybe missing his family much may have caused some undue tension. Knowing that they are safe in the same city with you does do wonders to relax or break tension at work to home.

It seems as though the bullpen received a quick fix as Frieri was acquired and Downs being promoted to closer position has definitely solidified the back end of the bullpen. This team needs more hitting, but seeing Trout emerge and Trumbo being left in the lineup with his bat has garnered some success. Everyone else needs to carry their weight. Vernon Wells has been injured and should allow Trumbo and Trout to remain in the outfield with Hunter. Fleet Pete's role has been reduced due to his inadequate batting.

One thing I'd like to point out is the coaches are not being aggressive enough. There were moments where the team could have sent a runner home or initiated a runner to run for a hit and run. Instead, we waited. That's not a typical small ball game, but rather a wait to hit people into position. Terrible. Two games were cost due to these little mishaps.

Old
05-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingOil View Post
Who is going to win the battle for closer
Huh?

As per Sosh, it's Downs in the ninth and Frieri preceding him. Although, it depends on who's batting and such. Sosh likes to set up with a lefty and then finish with a righty. So the places are switched between Frieri and Downs. Walden is no longer part of this equation anytime soon as he needs to continue to work on his mechanics. This may help Walden as he's not put into an important situation; better to ease his way into the closer position by getting a lot of middle relief.

Before the acquisition of Frieri, the bullpen had no umph with only Downs as the reliable reliever. Thus, leaving Walden in at closer position. Once the GM forced a trade to acquire Friar Frieri from the Padres, that opened up many possibilities which included the demotion of the closer role for Walden.

Old
05-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

Gosh, Pujols has tremendous power.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:26 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Always positive

Albert homers again, 4 straight wins

Old
05-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Finnpin

The Machine is starting to wake up

Old
05-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Hockey Duckie

The team is performing well. The bullpen is stronger, Trout is hitting well, Trumbo is still beast, and the coaches are playing small ball again. Of course, Pujols is heating up as well, but let's acknowledge the rest of the staff that's improved as well. Good pitching, good defense, and timely offense. But the six game winning streak was against the A's and Mariners. A truer test would be the next series with the Yankees. Game on!

Closed Thread