HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Realistic trade options?

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2011, 05:08 PM
pain2007

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
I just read through this whole thread, and I am shocked by some of these trade proposals.

Shocked? Is this your first time on hfboards?

Old
01-12-2011, 05:33 PM
germanshark1311

pitkänen and jokinen for Huskins, Setoguchi, Mitchell and a 2nd Pick

Old
01-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Legion
Lord of Winterfell

Rentals are futile for a realistic shot at the cup in my opinion this year. Our window might be for a couple of years, but it needs a bit of tweeking at the end of the season to put it mildly.

The system has to be looked at, scrutinized, and changes need to be made. Coaching is subject, as are members of the front office and minor league personnel. We're too slow, top-heavy, and not getting the most out of most of our players potential. It's not a trade deadline move away... it's much more.

The writing was on the wall after we lost to the Hawks. That was our best shot - and while the better team may have won, the team playing against them didn't look like the hungry Sharks that took out Detroit. Internal motivation is a huge factor with this team, and that's the most disappointing realization to me. Not enough Dan Boyle's, Scott Nichol's, or Ryane Clowe's on this team.

Old
01-12-2011, 06:09 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Right now Id love to bring back Cheech. id love to see if him and Big Joe could strike some of their magic again. Put Marleau with them so theyve got some speed. Put Heatley with Couture and Clowe, Pavelski with Seto and Ferriero and have Mayers,Nichol and Mitchell on line 4.

Quite honestly i dont give a **** what we do with McGinn

Old
01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Originally Posted by pain2007 View Post
Shocked? Is this your first time on hfboards?
Haha, no, it's not. I'm almost always on this board, and I never even look at the main boards.

I'm just surprised at people from our knowledgeable fan base suggesting these wacky trade ideas.

Old
01-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Herschel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNet View Post
Right now Id love to bring back Cheech. id love to see if him and Big Joe could strike some of their magic again. Put Marleau with them so theyve got some speed. Put Heatley with Couture and Clowe, Pavelski with Seto and Ferriero and have Mayers,Nichol and Mitchell on line 4.

Assuming Cheech could resurrect his former magic I would move Marleau on to Pavs line and have Mitchell up with Joe. This would likely cause teams to key on the other lines and might open up the space Cheecho and Joe need.

But this assumes the Cheech could return to anywhere near his former self.

Old
01-12-2011, 08:37 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Quote:

Signing Cheech at this point to an NHL contract and bringing him to SJ wouldn't surprise me. At this point the team needs a spark, and as I mentioned in another post in this thread, SVSE is going to start getting concerned about attendance. Cheech would get some fans to come to games and if his return ends up being a spark, it's icing on the cake to SVSE.

Old
01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Speaking of reactionary trades....

When Sturm went down with his broken leg/ankle, it was the day before the trade deadline, and deal was swung before the deadline.

Old
01-12-2011, 09:59 PM
sharks51

boyle + mitchell + huskins for burns + barker + kobasew

and mcginn and a 3rd for michalek.

IF boyle would waive his NTC. also find a way to get rid of wallin. waive him if you have to.

shed some cap so we can take advantage of Ottawa trying to save money.

defense would still be a bit spotty but the bigger bodies and guys who can move the puck would help now 3 really strong lines score.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:06 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks51 View Post
boyle + mitchell + huskins for burns + barker + kobasew

and mcginn and a 3rd for michalek.

IF boyle would waive his NTC. also find a way to get rid of wallin. waive him if you have to.

shed some cap so we can take advantage of Ottawa trying to save money.

defense would still be a bit spotty but the bigger bodies and guys who can move the puck would help now 3 really strong lines score.
?

The Sharks already have 3 really strong lines with Pavelski, they are just on a really long cold streak. And as much as I love Brent Burns, why would the Sharks trade their only good puck moving defenseman? And Cam Barker sucks.

Old
01-13-2011, 04:03 AM
GCB2000

Heatley + Huskins to the Island for Streit -

Saves 5 Mil on the cap and gives us a D who can eat 25mins a night and score goals.
I don't take much stock in +/- but when you have a +/- differential of 8 over the next closest regular on the team like streit had in 08-09 you have to be doing something right

with boyle and streit eating up 25 mins a game the rest of the 4/5 D the sharks have can go back to playing 18 mins a game against 2nd/3rd lines.

Old
01-13-2011, 05:18 AM
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

Heatley is not going to the Islanders, and the Islanders are not going to be moving Streit (but the owner does seem to be screwing the team as much as he can).

And Streit is out with injuries for likely the rest of the season.

Old
01-13-2011, 05:45 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Heatley + Petrecki and 2nd for Streit (if he wasn't injured) and Okposo.

Old
01-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

apparently beauchemin might be of interest to you all but my question is whose a better player seto or mcginn?

Old
01-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Naki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
apparently beauchemin might be of interest to you all but my question is whose a better player seto or mcginn?
They are both better than Beauchemin.

Old
01-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naki View Post
They are both better than Beauchemin.
with your defensive down id think beauchemin would be more valuable atm than making witty remark but i didnt come here to argue but to inquire about two players skill set. again anyone else know who is better mcginn or setoguchi?

Old
01-13-2011, 09:10 AM
RammsteinGT
Prairie Shark

Quote:
again anyone else know who is better mcginn or setoguchi?
Not sure if serious.

16 > 64

Old
01-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammsteinGT View Post
Not sure if serious.

16 > 64
haha i was and i see you have given me an answer thank you for that.

Old
01-13-2011, 09:19 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
with your defensive down id think beauchemin would be more valuable atm than making witty remark but i didnt come here to argue but to inquire about two players skill set. again anyone else know who is better mcginn or setoguchi?
This has been talked absolutely and utterly TO DEATH. Please go look up one of the previous topics, or the topic currently on the main board about Patrick Marleau to TO (which has turned into Beauchemin discussion).

We have no interest in sending Seto for Beauch. Beauch is not the right answer, and Seto is cheap with a ton of potential.

Old
01-13-2011, 09:21 AM
colman

Quote:

They should bring up Marcou with Cheecho they would create some secondary offense which we need ,since Couture out it cant get any worse.the only thing is Cheecho healthy his speed mite hamper him in the NHL

Old
01-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
This has been talked absolutely and utterly TO DEATH. Please go look up one of the previous topics, or the topic currently on the main board about Patrick Marleau to TO (which has turned into Beauchemin discussion).

We have no interest in sending Seto for Beauch. Beauch is not the right answer, and Seto is cheap with a ton of potential.
yea no we aint going to ask for marleau hahah

Old
01-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Naki

Quote:
well, considering the sharks have a pretty good shot at missing the playoffs I think keeping young guys with potential is more valuable than trading it away for someone who is not a large enough upgrade to make them a legit contender.

Plus Beauchemin looks lost at times out there.

To answer your question though Setoguchi has a higher upside as a top 6 winger. McGinn seems like he is a 3rd/4th liner energy guy.
Both are really struggling to score goals but they both seem to be willing to try to contribute in other ways.
Setoguchi is probably the player the Leafs would be looking at but If I were the Sharks GM I would want more than Beauchemin for Setoguchi.

Old
01-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Diagonaali

Carolina's Joni Pitkänen is probably the best defenseman that will be available for trade this season on the deadline.

I don't know if he is the type you are looking for, but I would imagine that pairing him with Murray, for example, could make a pretty good pair with Joni playing the puck and Murray taking care of physical punishment and taking more defensive responsibilities.

I have no clue if you have anything interesting to offer to Carolina that you would be willing to give up for him, though.

Old
01-13-2011, 10:14 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diagonaali View Post
Carolina's Joni Pitkänen is probably the best defenseman that will be available for trade this season on the deadline.

I don't know if he is the type you are looking for, but I would imagine that pairing him with Murray, for example, could make a pretty good pair with Joni playing the puck and Murray taking care of physical punishment and taking more defensive responsibilities.

I have no clue if you have anything interesting to offer to Carolina that you would be willing to give up for him, though.
The return of N.Wallin?? Man, talk about a dream. Better wake up now.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Herschel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diagonaali View Post

I don' think the asking price is going to be all that much, likely a prospect or a pick. The only way a roster player goes to Carolina is if the Sharks need to clear cap space to make it happen.

I could see something like Joslin + 2nd/3rd, if the Sharks could fit Joni under the cap

Closed Thread