HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

According to Bertrand Raymond: James Wisniewski = MA Bergeron

Old
01-12-2011, 01:20 PM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
Beside physicality (which is huge in itself), I do think the difference between the 2 are not as big as a lot of people think here... But I prefer Wiz and I do think that this article is "mauvaise foi" (don't know the english translation)

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Bergeron doesn't even compare to Wisniewski in anything.

Wiz is bigger, faster, a better defenceman, tougher, a better hitter, a smarter quarterback on the PP and an all round better hockey player than Bergeron. Bergeron had a slapshot, thats is it!!! He wasn't tough, he couldn't hit, he couldn't play defence at all.

This is the funniest article I've ever read!!! Sure says a lot about the french media and the little they know about the game of hockey!!
This is only one member of the French media. Please don't be ignorant and group the rest of them together.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I don't like the fact that he is distorting the facts here on NHL.com the two players are listed :

Wisniewski 5'11 208
Bergeron 5'9 198

That is a huge size difference and they aren't 5'11 200 and 5'9 200.
Wisniewski is at a good playing weight while Bergeron should be more in the 180-185 range, it would help his mobility.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
MAB is a player who cleared waivers 1 week ago...
Wiz has 13 hits, and 13 blocked shots in 6 games with his. On pace for 99 hits and blocked shots over the course of 45 games.

Bergy had 57 hits and 47 blocked shots over the course of 60 games.

Yup, tu as raison. Ils sont la meme joueur.
Way to embarrass yourself in French...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Beside physicality (which is huge in itself), I do think the difference between the 2 are not as big as a lot of people think here... But I prefer Wiz and I do think that this article is "mauvaise foi" (don't know the english translation)
Um, yeah the difference is huge. MAB struggles defensively just playing as #6, nevermind being top 4 and playing against top lines.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Stradale

Raymond is a moron.

That is all.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Good Lord, the only time I saw MAB hit someone, he almost dropped his purse. No comparison at all.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
This is only one member of the French media. Please don't be ignorant and group the rest of them together.
Good work. You see, if the mods could do that more often, I wouldn't be so annoying about it.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:38 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs4eva View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/313067.html

...Les deux athlètes ont sensiblement le même gabarit....

i stopped reading there.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:39 PM
macavoy

Whether he is a bad judge of NHL talent or not, he's doing his job as a journalist, I'm an anglophone who doesn't go to RDS but I went there to read this article because you guys posted about it.

How many other people clicked on the link because it was linked here. Sharing their badness only gives them readers, which gives them numbers for their advertisers. Which pays his salary.

If you think someone is horrible, bite your lip and don't share how bad he is, cuz your just giving him fuel.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I'm sure a naive fan from Baie-d'Urfé could also believe that kinda crap... if he could actually read it!

Well, at least he has Jack Todd. When it's in The Gazette, it must be true.
Don't play the language card. It is not needed here.

BR has been a writer with little understanding of hockey for a long time. This has nothing to do with his mother tongue.

People who read Jack Todd and see his opinions as anything but that of an out of touch trouble maker, well, they too deserve to have that quality of horse-poo written for them too.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Patccmoi

I never read what BR writes since a long time. Don't give him clicks that make RDS believe people care about what he says. The guy writes total garbage 99% of the time, is obviously incredibly biased with a big agenda. Just ignore him. Same thing I do with RT.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:08 PM
ChoseLa

The idea is not that bad - the idea of comparing them-, Wiz is a bit better defensivly, better first pass, more physical (actualy Bergeron is not hpysiucal at all). Though Bergeron is a bit better offensivly, at least his shot is a bit better: like it or not he might have a top-3 shot in the NHL, he's just blessed with it, he was already like that in midget.

But Bertrand Raymond is showing he doesn't know **** about what's happening in today's hockey.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Both players are playing/played a similar role on the team. Both are a defensive liability imo and require a reliable partner to make it work in the long run.

Now, I would probably take wiz over mab with all things considered, but I can see how they can be compared.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:19 PM
neopreneur

Someone should make a Firefox/Chrome plugin that does this:

neopreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post

I don't mean to be ignorant with my comment, but I'm sure other people who read this crap are going to start thinking the same thing after a while. Its not like its the first rotten article that the french media has written!! Just sayin!!!

Articles like these should not even be allowed to be written and published. Whoever the editor is that allowed this article to be seen by the public needs to lose his job IMO. Articles like this one gives your paper a bad name.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:26 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
I don't mean to be ignorant with my comment, but I'm sure other people who read this crap are going to start thinking the same thing after a while. Its not like its the first rotten article that the french media has written!! Just sayin!!!

are you for real?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Gary320

Put Wiz and MAB on waivers, see who gets taken first.

There is no way that they are both on the same level. Wiz is a NHLer.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Nobody did obviously. 99% of the journalists have no idea about what the draft is....And nobody will ever have the nerve to go against Mr. Hall of Fame....
Sometimes I feel those guys just have a sort of rule that they don't correct each other much on the shows. They can't be that dumb, I mean, I would fire someone that claims to be a hockey expert when what they bring is no more than mediocre.
It's like when they make a mistake and say the wrong player's name, for some reason, the other four that are apparently listening, don't correct that mistake.

I wish HF could be invited to go over to l'Antichambre one day. Have two representative from here go on the show and just completely destroy these so called experts.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:38 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipp18 View Post
Thankfully there are some intelligent Habs fans out there reading the RDS web site.
Check out the comments section for that article. just about every single one is saying that they don't agree with the comparison.
Funny how they posted the first dozen messages and then suddenly stopped... I guess their star old geezer was getting blasted non stop!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
MAB is a player who cleared waivers 1 week ago...
That says it all.

Still, no need to bash MAB excessively...

After all, he did score a beautiful Game 7 pp one-timer against the Caps last spring.

Now THAT was clutch.

MAB was not all bad.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:39 PM
timbitca

Gee... even the RDS talkbacks are getting smarter, not one agreeing with Bert...

timbitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:42 PM
saints96

[QUOTE=Kriss E;30161996]Sometimes I feel those guys just have a sort of rule that they don't correct each other much on the shows. They can't be that dumb, I mean, I would fire someone that claims to be a hockey expert when what they bring is no more than mediocre.
It's like when they make a mistake and say the wrong player's name, for some reason, the other four that are apparently listening, don't correct that mistake.

I wish HF could be invited to go over to l'Antichambre one day. Have two representative from here go on the show and just completely destroy these so called experts.[/QUOTE]

That's actually a great idea. A good way to promote the site and more good ole entertainement for Lantichambre. People in HF should look into this idea. (if the outcome is actually possible).

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Forsead

[QUOTE=saints96;30162119]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sometimes I feel those guys just have a sort of rule that they don't correct each other much on the shows. They can't be that dumb, I mean, I would fire someone that claims to be a hockey expert when what they bring is no more than mediocre.

I wish HF could be invited to go over to l'Antichambre one day. Have two representative from here go on the show and just completely destroy these so called experts.[/QUOTE]

That's actually a great idea. A good way to promote the site and more good ole entertainement for Lantichambre. People in HF should look into this idea. (if the outcome is actually possible).
Well it would be great some people here could make them look very awfull and for once create real debate on that show, because they always seem to agree to want everyone else say.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:02 PM
ChoseLa

Brunet going against a HHOFmer

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/20...-meme-utilite/

**** just got real!

EDIT Also i ain't sure Hfboarders would make anyone look like idiots.

Last edited by ChoseLa: 01-12-2011 at 03:08 PM.
ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote