HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosbyless Refguins Crush Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2011, 10:53 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
There must be a "MAF mocks Price" thread on the main board right with 95% of the replies thinking it was great and Price was classless when he did it.. Am I right?

Old
01-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Created a decent amount of stuff including the DD goal. No points or finish though.
Well that's somewhat reassuring, but I felt that before tonight's game, he was on the brink of being sent down. With Cammalleri back for the weekend (I can only assume at this stage), I wonder if they do send Eller down for him to get his game up.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:54 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Not bad, I thought they would come sooner actually.

On that note, the trolls have been removed. If more come, don't waste your time responding to them.
Habs10Habs!!

Old
01-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
There must be a "MAF mocks Price" thread on the main board right with 95% of the replies thinking it was great and Price was classless when he did it.. Am I right?
That seems like the natural progression of things when it comes to the Habs.

Price does pose -> Classless Price threads.

Fleury imitates pose -> Classless Price threads.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

About the pose and the imitation and whatever, well so be it. So Price did it, he deserves to be mocked, and again while it was 2 different things so be it again.

But I believe that Fleury will start being hated at the Bell Centre. And if the crowd mocks Fleury, just remember the "So be it" then.....

Old
01-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
Well that's somewhat reassuring, but I felt that before tonight's game, he was on the brink of being sent down. With Cammalleri back for the weekend (I can only assume at this stage), I wonder if they do send Eller down for him to get his game up.
I think they scratch Pyatt and give Eller one last try.

In the 3rd period, when we were down 2, the line was DD, Eller and Kost with Pyatt sitting out with Halpern and Moen.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:56 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

It's too bad Fleury didn't bother to show up last year during the playoffs. Could have showed off on a bigger stage. Oh well.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
The NHL talk board has become an anti-Habs board for years now. And becoming worst and worst with not a whole lot of moderation in this either....It's the place where all the fans from other teams gather together to hate this one thing in common called the Habs.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
It's too bad Fleury didn't bother to show up last year during the playoffs. Could have showed off on a bigger stage. Oh well.
Sure showed off his superior stickhandling skills in the WJC though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The NHL talk board has become an anti-Habs board for years now. And becoming worst and worst with not a whole lot of moderation in this either....It's the place where all the fans from other teams gather together to hate this one thing in common called the Habs.
Remember the Kristo hate from Jonathan which prompted the hate from all US fans?

Old
01-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Fleury with the pose.

Good job boy. You were just as instrumental as Price was in the previous encounter.
I LOLED !!

Old
Max Levine

About the pose: if a forward can dance, sing, clown around after a goal, I don't see why a goalie couldn't model for the cam after a win. Big deal because it's unusual but it shouldn't be. If that alone was the source of motivation for the Penguins, there is no way they will win the cup.

About the refs: as much as I'd like to blame them for giving six straight penalties to the Canadiens, it's certainly not their fault two Habs jumped on the ice at the same time or that Pouliot ends up with a scoring chance after a slash. We blame them for phantom calls when they're trying to even things up; we blame them when they only make legitimate calls.

About the 2nd period: what the hell happened there? Why were the defensemen pinching all the time? I mean, I love offense but timing is necessary. They seemed too sure of themselves. I bet they would have been less bold if Crosby would have been in the line up.

And the PK: didn't look like one of the best in the league. Reminded me of the first game from last playoffs in Pittsburgh.

About JM: down by 2 with three minutes left, the Bruins scored 3 goals to beat the Pens in Pittsburgh. Down by 3 with five minutes left, Martin plays his checking line. When even the coach doesn't want to play for 60 minutes...

Positive points: loved Pyatt-Desharnais-Eller as well as Pouliot-Plek-Darche. Price kept them in the game before giving up a softie with a few seconds left in the 2nd.

Old
andy28

Quote:
Classless is pretty harsh. I don't think its a big deal, but Price really set himself up for that. Like guys in the playoffs last year who tried to smack talk through the media...a la Letang. Or like Ovechkin talking about Halak being shaky. Didnt Halak say a few days later that Ovechkin was looking shaky. Same thing.

I mean yeah it was kinda dumb that Fleury made a big deal out of it when I am sure Price (and Subban who does similar things) did not intend it as an insult to Fleury or anyone. Still it stood out to them. That's par for the course. I think Ive seen players mock the Briere fist pumps.

Old
Dharvey33

Not the first time the ref miss a good game funny. All of the calls in the 3rd period were terrible.

Despite that poor effort so we didn't deserve the win.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:59 PM
MathMan

Let's chalk this one up to fatigue and being down too many guys, and move on.

They were losing in December, but they played better. They've been winning lately but outside of the Atlanta game they've been sort of 'meh'. They need to get back into it.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Andy

Eller tonight showed why he should not have been taken out of the lineup in the first place.

I've been saying it for a good 3 weeks now

Pouliot Eller Desharnais

and Montreal would finally have three scoring lines.

Man, it takes Martin months to put combos together that we;ve discussed since the beginning of the year.

It's simple

Pacioretty Gomez Gionta
Cammalleri Plekanec Kostitsyn
Pouliot Desharnais Eller(who cares who plays center)
Moen Halpern Darche

Old
Bill McNeal

Nothing wrong with the pose. Stuff like that's bound to come back on ya, but if you're confident enough to do it in the first place chances are you don't give a **** about having it thrown back in your face.

I like that this team is in the heads of the Penguins though. From Letang's comments earlier this season about wanting to avenge the playoff loss, to whispers of Talbot being pissed about Price's pose and his best buddy Fleury pulling that at the end of the game... Definitely in their heads. Or at least the heads of the Quebecois on the team.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Wasn't MAF crying on the bench last year in game 7 after the Pens lost to the Habs? I'm almost sure I remember him crying..

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika EllerWick View Post
I LOLED !!
Ahh. So you're the famous Erika.

Heard all about you.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
About the pose and the imitation and whatever, well so be it. So Price did it, he deserves to be mocked, and again while it was 2 different things so be it again.

But I believe that Fleury will start being hated at the Bell Centre. And if the crowd mocks Fleury, just remember the "So be it" then.....
Right. I'm sure Price doesn't care.

It's just fun to talk about it because I didn't suspect Fleury was so worked up about it to care to do an immitation. That's all.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Eller tonight showed why he should not have been taken out of the lineup in the first place.

I've been saying it for a good 3 weeks now

Pouliot Eller Desharnais

and Montreal would finally have three scoring lines.

Man, it takes Martin months to put combos together that we;ve discussed since the beginning of the year.

It's simple

Pacioretty Gomez Gionta
Cammalleri Plekanec Kostitsyn
Pouliot Desharnais Eller(who cares who plays center)
Moen Halpern Darche
Great lineup. Fully agree. I think Eller and Desharnais are interchangeable at center for that line depending on who is better at faceoffs at any given night.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

RDS also showed Letang imitating the pose as well.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Craig71

I think it's actually a good thing that Fleury did the pose, it is a compliment to Price and his talent, they wanted to beat him badly. The pose Fleury did was done as a joke, no harm intended. They are relieved to have won their first game since Crosby's concussion. I think to go on and on about it shows us to be the lesser, because when Price did it people here were raving about it. I hope the focus of this loss would be the bad penalties and lack of jump. Get ready for the Rangers, work on a few areas and move on.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Nothing wrong with the pose. Stuff like that's bound to come back on ya, but if you're confident enough to do it in the first place chances are you don't give a **** about having it thrown back in your face.

I like that this team is in the heads of the Penguins though. From Letang's comments earlier this season about wanting to avenge the playoff loss, to whispers of Talbot being pissed about Price's pose and his best buddy Fleury pulling that at the end of the game... Definitely in their heads. Or at least the heads of the Quebecois on the team.
Good point.

Habs consider the Pens as just another opponent (a very good one) but the Pens look at the Habs as their nemesis. Funny but understandable. Habs kicked them out of the playoffs and won the first two regular season games in a quite heartbraking fashion so...

Old
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
few people i hate more than him

Old
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
**** I hate that guy. Stupid long ass straightened hair.. he actually told Engelland to fight someone tough after he fought Colton Orr..

Closed Thread