HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosbyless Refguins Crush Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
I kinda find it amusing it took them more than half a year for the Penguins finally have their 'revenge' on the Habs.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Andy

Kind of sad that the Pens needed Price's pose as a way to get them to actually bring their A game against the habs.

They should be playing with fire regardless of a pose.

Anyway, Montreal seems to have their number. The score really didn't reflect the play at all. Montreal has better execution on the penalty kill and the game is completely different. I'm not too worried, Pens don't scare me, even with Crosby. Montreal were sloppy covering the point men today and that's why we got bombarded, a minor adjustment is what is needed.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Any time, I'm always here for you Nid.

It was nice to see you show some passion tonite though.
I always post with passion. Just sometimes my language skills (or lack thereof) get the better of me.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:32 PM
madbox

Kind of ridiculous a goalie celebrating a win towards his teammates is bulletin board material and in dire need of mocking from the sensitive opposition and used as motivation- honestly, motivation??, because it's such a horrible offense when five skaters on the scoring end plus the bench celebrate after goals. After stopping all shooters in a shootout, after a win? THE HORROR. GATHER YOUR BOTTLE AND GTFOff the ice.
Doesn't Calgary's back up have something going on after/during breakaways/shootouts? I guess every team that happens against have long, sour, bitter memories. Muffin.

What piss poor discipline and sad ass special teams tonight, pretty much mailed that one in.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:42 PM
headliner

16 times this year we've been on the PK 5 or more times. More than one-third of our games.

3 games @ 5
10 games @ 6
1 game @ 7
2 games @ 8

Our record in those games?

6-8-2. Almost half of our losses. 14/32 points. Good thing we have one of the best PKs....otherwise it'd be much much worse. In those games, our PK has gone 85/98. 84.7%. (These figures include tonight's anomaly of 2/6 on the PK).

It's what all those penalties do to our momentum. They either kill it, or stop it from gaining any foothold. That's what happened tonight.

And don't get me started on the double-standard non-calls on our opposition, which also affect momentum.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:51 PM
eli J
Claw Machine broke

Send a message via AIM to eli J
I liked the GAME ON response from Fleury. I loved Samurai Price for how dorky/awesome it was, Fleury wasn't out of line

I know losing sucks but we didn't do ourselves any favours tonight, have to just move on.. we can live with the knowledge that it took them this long to get back at us for ruining their entire season last year, and giving them two losses this year

Old
01-13-2011, 12:05 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

may god smack you

Old
01-13-2011, 12:06 AM
KareyPrice

Im sure fleury wasnt ****ing posing when he sat on the bench earlier this year the dumb schme

Old
01-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Penguin fans are mad all the time, just like their team. They assume, since their team first entered the league in 2005, they should win the cup and have everything given to them.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Palooka*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Price swagger > Fleury swagger
Fleury's Cup Ring > Price's Cup Ring.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:17 AM
madbox

Obviously uh they're a little uh... obviously I don't wanna be offensive... but uh... that little pose was uh a little offensive to our team and I think uh we knew coming into that game that we uh we had a message to send and we did.
-Letang

LOL. And there's a Pens fan in here whining about Montreal's crowd whining when you got their whole team ******** for a week and needing revenge because of a goalie celebrating a win for his team.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:19 AM
S Bah

Is that you Sharpshooter14?

Old
01-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
Fleury's Cup Ring > Price's Cup Ring.
Having swagger >>> Having a cup ring, ergo Price >>> Fleury.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:24 AM
andy28

But the Pens just didnt get mad at what made them mad, whether you think they had a good reason to or not. They got even. They didnt say too much about it, Letang only said it was a source of some inspiration to them and that they were offended. It not as if he was foaming at the mouth or ceaselessly whining. And here we are whining page after page about it. I may sound hard on the Habs and Habs fans here, but its because I want us to be the best. I want us to be the best team and the best fan club. So yeah I think a lot of Pens fans over the years have been whiny. So how about we try not to outdo them in that. Over this particular issue we certainly have outdone them.

Fleury won this little battle. Just like how Letang had to eat his own words last year. Lesson learned. Don't be putting yourself in that position.

Pens have a cup win within the last two years. So there is not much more their fans can ask for right now. I don't mean that they can't win again, just that they are not in a position where we can be making fun of them for being jealous of us because we won a series. I hate when hockey fans are so cocky. That is something I disliked about a lot Pen fans in particular, but there is something rather insane about it when we start saying that stuff. It makes us look like real idiots, cosidering the amount of success we have had over the last 17 years or so. Save your laughs for the big one. Ignore the Pens, ignore Fleury.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Universe
Eh?

So we now know why Tampa Bay went after Guy Boucher. Carey did the pose against them too!

Old
01-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Palooka*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Kind of sad that the Pens needed Price's pose as a way to get them to actually bring their A game against the habs.

They should be playing with fire regardless of a pose.

Anyway, Montreal seems to have their number. The score really didn't reflect the play at all. Montreal has better execution on the penalty kill and the game is completely different. I'm not too worried, Pens don't scare me, even with Crosby. Montreal were sloppy covering the point men today and that's why we got bombarded, a minor adjustment is what is needed.
Habs are a borderline playoff team and the Pens don't scare you... rrrright.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Oh yeah, Subban should never, ever EVER fight again.

He's more likely to win a cup than win a fight.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:28 AM
skule123

Quote:
Habs are a borderline playoff team and the Pens don't scare you... rrrright.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stan...nd2/e1vs4.html

Old
01-13-2011, 12:31 AM
andy28

Quote:
That makes absolutely no sense. At. All. In fact, it might be one of the dumbest thinsg I've ever read on the HF boards. Which is saying A LOT.
I agree that does make no sense at all.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:31 AM
macavoy

Quote:
That makes absolutely no sense. At. All. In fact, it might be one of the dumbest thinsg I've ever read on the HF boards. Which is saying A LOT.
I guess you haven't been reading ANY of my posts.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:34 AM
m00ks

Here comes an infraction lolz.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:34 AM
ProdigalOne*

Do people really still hold something that happened in the world juniors 6 years ago against Fleury? Pretty sure we can all agree juniors and the wjc are good fun - but mean nothing now. Price threw out a pose and Fleury threw it back in good fun. Just makes the rivalry even better. Just a note to Price, Letang said they wanted this one even more because of that pose... best not to give your opponents ammunition by looking cocky or conceited.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:37 AM
skule123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalOne View Post
Letang said they wanted this one even more because of that pose... best not to give your opponents ammunition by looking cocky or conceited.
It's funny to hear that from a guy like Letang who kept guaranteeing that the Penguins would win the playoff series last year, over and over.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:38 AM
ProdigalOne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
It's funny to hear that from a guy like Letang who kept guaranteeing that the Penguins would win the playoff series last year, over and over.
Halak stood on his head last year and Gonchar looked like he was 50 and not worthy of the NHL. The habs would be hard pressed to repeat what they did last year. Didn't cammalleri score like 50% of his shots that series? It was a ridiculous streak for him as well that won't be repeated in all likelyhood.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:38 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
But the Pens just didnt get mad at what made them mad, whether you think they had a good reason to or not. They got even. They didnt say too much about it, Letang only said it was a source of some inspiration to them and that they were offended. It not as if he was foaming at the mouth or ceaselessly whining. And here we are whining page after page about it. I may sound hard on the Habs and Habs fans here, but its because I want us to be the best. I want us to be the best team and the best fan club. So yeah I think a lot of Pens fans over the years have been whiny. So how about we try not to outdo them in that. Over this particular issue we certainly have outdone them.

Fleury won this little battle. Just like how Letang had to eat his own words last year. Lesson learned. Don't be putting yourself in that position.

Pens have a cup win within the last two years. So there is not much more their fans can ask for right now. I don't mean that they can't win again, just that they are not in a position where we can be making fun of them for being jealous of us because we won a series. I hate when hockey fans are so cocky. That is something I disliked about a lot Pen fans in particular, but there is something rather insane about it when we start saying that stuff. It makes us look like real idiots, cosidering the amount of success we have had over the last 17 years or so. Save your laughs for the big one. Ignore the Pens, ignore Fleury.
The Pens wouldn't even exist without the NHL saving their hides. Team would of moved if not for financial aid.

Closed Thread