HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What does Phoenix need?

Old
01-24-2011, 12:09 PM
zz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Belanger, 2011 1st rounder, plus ? or
Belanger, Summers or Goncharov, plus ? (Tallon likes to build from the back-end out)
I want to keep Belanger. He's costing us nothing and he's the type of guy you want in the playoffs. If we get a talented center, I'd rather move Turris to the wing, put Belanger on a checking line and have this new guy and Hanzal as our #1 and #2 centers.

We're 50 games in and I have just about given up hope that Turris will help much in a 2011 playoff series.

Doan - Weiss - Upshall
Whitney - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Belanger - Turris
Pyatt - Fiddler - Stempniak

Bissonette

...and send Boedker and McLean back to the AHL.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 01:50 PM
nooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I want to keep Belanger. He's costing us nothing and he's the type of guy you want in the playoffs. If we get a talented center, I'd rather move Turris to the wing, put Belanger on a checking line and have this new guy and Hanzal as our #1 and #2 centers.

We're 50 games in and I have just about given up hope that Turris will help much in a 2011 playoff series.

Doan - Weiss - Upshall
Whitney - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Belanger - Turris
Pyatt - Fiddler - Stempniak

Bissonette

...and send Boedker and McLean back to the AHL.

How do you expect to land Weiss?

nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:23 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooch View Post
How do you expect to land Weiss?
I don't. I replied to a post about it. My point is, whatever move we make, I want to keep Belanger in the line-up. He's a good 3rd line center and he doesn't cost us anything.

But if you want my opinion, I don't expect us to land any top-end center.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 03:10 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
NMCs aren't always totally prohibitive. I'm sure some of those guys would have reason to reject a trade to Phoenix, but this is a winning team with a positive atmosphere in a great location. I'm sure someone would waive it to come to the Coyotes.
Fisher and Spezza are playing for the home town team, and with the organization that drafted them. I don't really want Arnott, but Phoenix was his second choice when he signed his last contract. We offered the same deal the Preds did but he chose Nashville, citing his love for country music. Elias has been in Jersey a long time. He's one of my all-time favorite NHL players, and I have tremendous respect for his game. I'd love to see him here, but at his age, he's going to be looking for a contender. Plus, he's pretty pricey. I think Florida would be stupid to deal Weiss and I don't believe that he's actually on the block.

Other top six centers on poor teams include Zajac, Grabovski and Gagner. I don't see their respective teams moving them.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:41 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

And now it comes out that Fisher does not have a NTC or NMC. haha. Funny how that was commonly accepted until the GM came out and said otherwise today. I wonder how many NTC and NMC us fans have wrong?

Old
01-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
And now it comes out that Fisher does not have a NTC or NMC. haha. Funny how that was commonly accepted until the GM came out and said otherwise today. I wonder how many NTC and NMC us fans have wrong?
capgeek has the "qualified" NTC and NMC clauses for Fisher.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=413

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:56 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
capgeek has the "qualified" NTC and NMC clauses for Fisher.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=413
I don't know what that means. Everyone has been operating under the belief that he has an NT or NMC. Ottawa GM stated today that he does not.

Even so, and as much as I'd love to add him, four million bucks is a hefty price tag for a hard working, two-way, 20-20-40 type. I'm not sure if I'd be okay with giving up the assets and the money. That's all kinds of expensive for a guy like him.