HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price following Auld

Old
01-12-2011, 10:10 PM
ludger

vCash: 500
Price following Auld

Auld has started 5 games, Price's record following Aulds starts is 1 win 4 loses and a has allowed 18 goals in those 5 games. It seems to me that whenever Price gets in a zone he is replaced by Auld. Remember last year in most games he started following Halak, he lost. Perhaps Price is the type of goalie that should play until he drops. What do you think of this?

Last edited by ludger: 01-12-2011 at 10:29 PM.
ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:30 PM
TheNewGuy

Price was playing great until the 6 consecutive penalties

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludger View Post
Auld has started 5 games, Price's record following Aulds starts is 1 win 4 loses and a has allowed 18 goals in those 5 games. It seems to me that whenever Price gets in a zone he is replaced by Auld. Remember last year in most games he started following Halak, he lost. Perhaps Price is the type of goalie that should play until he drops. What do you think of this?
With only 5 games as a sample size, it think it's too early to establish that as a relationship.

It might be a valid theory but let's just chalk it up to a horrible coincidence right now.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:38 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Start Auld and his .942 sv% for the rest of the season so Price doesn't lose more games?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Start Auld and his .942 sv% for the rest of the season so Price doesn't lose more games?
My theory is that Price usually starts after Auld in a back to back game situation so the players in front of him are more mentally and physicall tired. Thus, they are more prone to defensive lapses resulting in more goals scored.

Just a gut feeling.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:05 PM
kempie

I don't think Price is getting enough starts. He gets rusty if he doesn't start in at least 75 games.

kempie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Auld only plays when we have back to back games. JM always plays Auld against the weaker team because he has more confidence in Price, hence, Price will play the stronger team and we're more prone to a loss.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Price has played more than anyone in the league. Lack of playing time isnt the issue.

If we want to take the most recent game, yeah, he probably wants a couple goals back, but the whole team was not in the game mentally. Its a team loss.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 04:40 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Most of them are in back to back nights, I would imagine. Our winning percentnage last few years in back to back nights is .300%, compared to over .500%.

Most of that record is not Price's fault. Although, last night's was. Price kind of immature with that poise last week, you know that is going to fire up the sleeping Pens. Pitt wasn't focused over last few games but had their eyes burning thru our players last night. They were seeking revenge.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 06:35 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
everybody where your tinfoil hats....

really now you wins games you lose games
Price cant play 82 games...
not much you can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Most of them are in back to back nights, I would imagine. Our winning percentnage last few years in back to back nights is .300%, compared to over .500%.

Most of that record is not Price's fault. Although, last night's was. Price kind of immature with that poise last week, you know that is going to fire up the sleeping Pens. Pitt wasn't focused over last few games but had their eyes burning thru our players last night. They were seeking revenge.
and you know this how? you hanging out in the Penguins locker room?
And last night was everyones fault not just prices fyi
yes he didnt play great but neither did anyone else

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Obviously by his performances from Dec 10th to 31st playing him till he drops was a bad thing.

5 games is a pretty small sample size, so I wouldn't draw any big conculsions from that.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 08:02 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post

and you know this how? you hanging out in the Penguins locker room?
And last night was everyones fault not just prices fyi
yes he didnt play great but neither did anyone else
Not as if you can't tell it. Look at Fleury at end of game or Penguins focused as they were compared to last game. No more of the poises Price

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
I think that if we play price too often . Come playoff time he will burn out . Give starts to Auld.

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote