HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Disappointments over the last several years

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2004, 09:22 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Disappointments over the last several years

Sather has not failed yet to disappoint me. Yeah, he made some people happy w/ some of his picks, but every year he has disappointed me. To wit:
1. Taking Falardeua. Stoll was available. Falardeua may never play in the NHL.
2. Several years ago, I recall praying that they would somehow take Jordin Tootoo in the 3rd round. Sather took Garth Murray. Now I like Murray, but would have prefered Tootoo.
3. Last year, my top choice was Phaneuf. When he fell, my backup was 1) Getzlaf 2) Nilsson. Sather took Jessiman. I like him and admit that his top-end is probably more than Getzlaf, but I would have preferred the latter.

And now we have this year. To me, if either Olesz or Ladd are available at #6, Sather has to take either of them. Not trade down, not take a Stafford becuase he scored well on his psych. test and his uncle was Sather's equipement manager. However, if the previous years are an indication, that's exactly the way Sather will go.

Old
06-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Sather has not failed yet to disappoint me. Yeah, he made some people happy w/ some of his picks, but every year he has disappointed me. To wit:
1. Taking Falardeua. Stoll was available. Falardeua may never play in the NHL.
2. Several years ago, I recall praying that they would somehow take Jordin Tootoo in the 3rd round. Sather took Garth Murray. Now I like Murray, but would have prefered Tootoo.
3. Last year, my top choice was Phaneuf. When he fell, my backup was 1) Getzlaf 2) Nilsson. Sather took Jessiman. I like him and admit that his top-end is probably more than Getzlaf, but I would have preferred the latter.

And now we have this year. To me, if either Olesz or Ladd are available at #6, Sather has to take either of them. Not trade down, not take a Stafford becuase he scored well on his psych. test and his uncle was Sather's equipement manager. However, if the previous years are an indication, that's exactly the way Sather will go.
Tootoo over Murray? Are you kidding me?
Nilsson so far looks like a major bust, thank god we didn't get him.

Falardeau is the only major draft error. I am not yet sold on Jessiman, but at least I can understant that.

Old
06-25-2004, 09:39 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Tootoo over Murray? Are you kidding me?
Nilsson so far looks like a major bust, thank god we didn't get him.

Falardeau is the only major draft error. I am not yet sold on Jessiman, but at least I can understant that.
No, I am not kidding you. Tootoo over Murray. Failing to get Phanuef, my next choice was Getzlaf, who WAS available.

Old
06-25-2004, 09:47 AM
Fletch

I think it's too early to say...

whether one would take Tootoo over Murray. They're both young and have yet to blossom. I haven't seen much of Tootoo, but Murray seems to have done the same things Tootoo brings, which is energy, checking and sticking up for teammates. Both were equally inept at scoring last season.

Old
06-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Shadowtron

I'm with you Fletch. I don't see Slats' string of disappointments coming to an end any time soon. I have a lot of expectations for this draft, and I will watch them crumble one by one this Saturday at MSG

[puke]

Old
06-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
I'm with you Fletch. I don't see Slats' string of disappointments coming to an end any time soon. I have a lot of expectations for this draft, and I will watch them crumble one by one this Saturday at MSG

[puke]
i am in the same boat as you. For years I have dreamed of a rebuild. Now I realize that it was foolish with Slats at the helm. He will almost surely crush all our hopes tomorrow.

Closed Thread