HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Board Lounge Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
TheBigKahuna

vCash: 500
I really don't like that Airiel Down song. I never knew it was an "actual song" and they just changed "rolling" to "Carolina".

I'd rather see them use this Hurricane song.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZIWhPXIauE

Old
01-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna View Post
I really don't like that Airiel Down song.
You won't find anyone else that does either.

Old
01-13-2011, 04:08 PM
TheBigKahuna

I thought the name Airiel Down sounded familiar. Someone gave me one of their CDs a few years ago. I just went and looked to confirm, sure enough. I played about 3 songs of the CD when I first got it and threw it onto my CD shelf. It's horrible. And funny enough, the guys all have short hair and look geeky. Now they're all "rockered out".

The singers DRAMA in that Hurricane Warning video is silly.

Old
01-13-2011, 04:08 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shockmaster View Post
You won't find anyone else that does either.
It's still better than the "What's the name of your team" rap they had a couple years ago - but that's not saying much.

Old
01-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

I like song they play when they come on the ice from intermissions... Guess I'm in the minority...

I do wish they would play "rock you like a hurricane" even on black out nights... back in black and what whey play now just doesn't get the crowd going as well... the beat that goes off before they come down the tunnel is GREAT when wearing red

Old
01-13-2011, 04:23 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
I like song they play when they come on the ice from intermissions... Guess I'm in the minority...

I do wish they would play "rock you like a hurricane" even on black out nights... back in black and what whey play now just doesn't get the crowd going as well... the beat that goes off before they come down the tunnel is GREAT when wearing red
After which intermission though? "Hurricane Warning" is only played when they're coming back from the first intermission on nights they're in the primary home jerseys. "Let's Go Canes" is what's played when they're coming back from the second intermission (all nights?)

Agree with "Rock You Like a Hurricane" being made the intro song regardless of whether they're in the home reds or the thirds. Maybe bring on "Thunderstruck" to start the 2nd period to get their AC/DC quota out of the way?

Old
01-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post

I like the entrance song with regular jerseys (Rock You Like a Hurricane), and whatever they play before the 2nd period is ok too.

However, the entrance to the 3rd period (c'mon c'mon c'mon, let's go let's go....) is horrible beyond words. It provides no motivation to the crowd to be loud, and the song itself is a slow, soft song.

There was a rock song specifically written for the Canes that they used frequently in the past, and may still use. I can't recall what's used before the 2nd period, all I know is that I like it. It may well be the song I'm thinking of, but again, that 3rd period song is just lame.

Old
01-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
After which intermission though? "Hurricane Warning" is only played when they're coming back from the first intermission on nights they're in the primary home jerseys. "Let's Go Canes" is what's played when they're coming back from the second intermission (all nights?)

Agree with "Rock You Like a Hurricane" being made the intro song regardless of whether they're in the home reds or the thirds. Maybe bring on "Thunderstruck" to start the 2nd period to get their AC/DC quota out of the way?
yeah, my bad.. I like the Hurricane Warning when in primaries (thats rock song that says Carolina Hurricanes? right?).. Hate the Let's go Canes

Old
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Sens1Canes2

Looks like the Denver Broncos just hired John Fox to be their new head coach.

All of the analysts were right, he wasn't in the unemployment line long at all.

Old
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM
TheBigKahuna

Good luck to Denver, they're going to need it.

I guess I'm in the minority that though John Fox was horrible for several years.

Old
01-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Mr Whipple
Charmin Soft

Quote:
BW3 would be a good spot if they had center ice. A friend of mine claims that they do now, but I haven't checked it out and I doubt he'd really know. I haven't been to Tiebreakers in years or when I wasn't completely sloshed, so I don't know anything about the general layout of the place. I would think O'Cools would be a pretty lame spot to watch the games actually. It's segmented into a lot of different areas with no real large bar area. The few times I've been around on a Sunday and watched football there I've been disappointed.
Agree on all points. I tried BW3 either late last season or earlier this season, and they didn't have Center Ice at the time. Not sure if they've picked it up since then, but honestly I'd be surprised if they did. Would be a great place to go if they did.

I'm really hoping CAH has a good design. I'm guessing they'll tear down Kirklands and start from scratch, since it's supposed to be a 2 story. Even with two stories, that's a pretty small lot. Really wish they could have got a better location, like the old Texas Steakhouse across from the convention center (now yet another Mexican restaurant). If the old Courtyard Tavern/Boli's were bigger that would be a great location, too, right across from where they're going in.

Old
01-13-2011, 05:44 PM
AntonFromAppState
hockeytalkuncensored

What is that song that goes "stand up and holler, six pence a dollar, if you're a hurricanes fan" or whatever.

Old
01-13-2011, 05:51 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonFromAppState View Post
What is that song that goes "stand up and holler, six pence a dollar, if you're a hurricanes fan" or whatever.
That would be their take on the University of Florida's "Mr. Two Bits" who used to lead a cheer before every Gators football game. As I detest Florida, I'll go with the Canes version: "Two bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar. If you're a Hurricanes fan like me, stand up and holler." It's bumper music they seem to use in short stoppages. No clue who recorded it for them.

Old
01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

I don't think Fox will be able to do much with the Broncos. I mean, they've got Orton, Quinn and Tebow as their QBs, right?

Old
01-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
That would be their take on the University of Florida's "Mr. Two Bits" who used to lead a cheer before every Gators football game. As I detest Florida, I'll go with the Canes version: "Two bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar. If you're a Hurricanes fan like me, stand up and holler." It's bumper music they seem to use in short stoppages. No clue who recorded it for them.
Someone once posted that the band that recorded that did versions of the song for a bunch of different sports teams to sell... not sure if that's true or not. Either way I don't like the song, but I can accept it a tad bit more now after you posted that. Before I just thought they were using that phrase completely random.

01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Chicago Made Punk
\-|Stay Alive|-/

I really like the Blackout video on alternate jersey nights.

Old
01-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

I would probably like a song entitled Environmental Empathy sung by Justin Bieber more than the hurricane warning song.

Old
01-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
I really like the Blackout video on alternate jersey nights.
QFT.

I'd like to know why they didn't bother playing it for the last game? They rolled out the put me to sleep Killers song instead. It's a decent song, but not for a pregame video <5 min to faceoff. They should run that one instead of the stupid "you make me smile" video, and then run a different pump up vid for red jersey nights pre-faceoff.

Old
01-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Anton View Post
I'm really hoping CAH has a good design. I'm guessing they'll tear down Kirklands and start from scratch, since it's supposed to be a 2 story.
I'm not familiar with Kirkland's, where was that at? I was under the impression it was going into the Ham's that just closed down. Again, basing that off of heresay from my friends that live in Greenville that may or may not know what is going on.

Old
01-13-2011, 07:42 PM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

Quote:
QFT.

I'd like to know why they didn't bother playing it for the last game? They rolled out the put me to sleep Killers song instead. It's a decent song, but not for a pregame video <5 min to faceoff. They should run that one instead of the stupid "you make me smile" video, and then run a different pump up vid for red jersey nights pre-faceoff.
I dunno, I kind of like the Killers one. The Airiel Down song is great until the guy starts "singing" on it. I can't really think of any intros we've had that were amazing, honestly. They are usually either obnoxious or background noise.

Old
01-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Mr Whipple
Charmin Soft

Quote:
I'm not familiar with Kirkland's, where was that at? I was under the impression it was going into the Ham's that just closed down. Again, basing that off of heresay from my friends that live in Greenville that may or may not know what is going on.
It's right in front of the mall by itself in the parking lot, just to the right of the stoplight that turns into the mall across from Kmart. Used to be a music store long ago. Kirklands has been having a going out of business sale going on, and it was in the paper just yesterday that the new Ale House is going in there.

Not sure what's up with Ham's. That would be a good layout for it. The only negative about that would be parking. I've heard rumors that some parents of a football recruit have bought it and possibly plan to turn it into an ECU themed restaurant of some sort, but that it's being held up in bankruptcy court. No idea how legit that is, though.

Old
01-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Anton View Post
It's right in front of the mall by itself in the parking lot, just to the right of the stoplight that turns into the mall across from Kmart. Used to be a music store long ago. Kirklands has been having a going out of business sale going on, and it was in the paper just yesterday that the new Ale House is going in there.

Not sure what's up with Ham's. That would be a good layout for it. The only negative about that would be parking. I've heard rumors that some parents of a football recruit have bought it and possibly plan to turn it into an ECU themed restaurant of some sort, but that it's being held up in bankruptcy court. No idea how legit that is, though.
Yeah, I know where you're talking about now. That's a decent spot for it I guess, but I think the Ham's spot might work even better. The traffic on Greenville Blvd pisses me off enough that I try to find any route from where I'm at to where I'm going that doesn't go down it. I'm not sure about how the non-college crowd of Greenville feels about the downtown area versus the mall area though.

Parking at the old Ham's was awful, and the few times I went in there it was packed to the walls. Been a year or so, maybe 2 since I've been in there though.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Way off topic but bear with me.

For our playoff push/trade deadline avatars, I suggest the following.

http://video.adultswim.com/metalocal...d-war-iii.html

Pause at 23 seconds. It should be a crazy guy with a sign saying "Dethklok plays or everyone dies" with a bunch of nuclear warheads in the background.

I was thinking, for our playoff push avatars, we photoshop a sightless eye onto the guys chest, and words onto the sign (along with "or everyone dies" )

For example, one I thought up while in class (we were just going over the syllabus I swear!!) was "Trade Pitkanen or everyone dies"

Or "Bench Corvo or everyone dies"

You get the idea. Thoughts?

By the way, the show is Metalocalypse. It is not a show for everyone, but if you like metal and really dark humor, then give it a shot, it's pretty good.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Wolfpuck
5/5 Compete Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 2nd Pick View Post
Way off topic but bear with me.

For our playoff push/trade deadline avatars, I suggest the following.

http://video.adultswim.com/metalocal...d-war-iii.html

Pause at 23 seconds. It should be a crazy guy with a sign saying "Dethklok plays or everyone dies" with a bunch of nuclear warheads in the background.

I was thinking, for our playoff push avatars, we photoshop a sightless eye onto the guys chest, and words onto the sign (along with "or everyone dies" )

For example, one I thought up while in class (we were just going over the syllabus I swear!!) was "Trade Pitkanen or everyone dies"

Or "Bench Corvo or everyone dies"

You get the idea. Thoughts?

By the way, the show is Metalocalypse. It is not a show for everyone, but if you like metal and really dark humor, then give it a shot, it's pretty good.
Here's an unedited screencap of the guy.

For the record, if we use this, I call dibs on "Skinner for Calder or everyone dies"

Old
01-13-2011, 11:15 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
"More Trippisms or everyone dies"

Closed Thread