HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Eyeing Michigan Goalie (merged)

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2004, 12:37 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Rangers Eyeing Michigan Goalie

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/17595.htm

Old
06-25-2004, 02:04 AM
NYR2

I'm going to be let down this weekend, I can feel it already.

Old
06-25-2004, 03:00 AM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
I'll admit it, I want Schremp.

Old
06-25-2004, 04:52 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
I'm going to be let down this weekend, I can feel it already.
Well, given that it's Brooks, I guess there's no way Montoya becomes a Ranger then. In regards to the Kings wanting to trade, I'd ask for the 11th pick and their #1 next year and be satisfied.

Old
06-25-2004, 05:27 AM
Fletch

If Brooks is reporting that...

then there's zero chance of Montoya becoming a Ranger. Does anybody think Sather would let leak who he may be picking? And if something did leak, it leaked on purpose as in Sather's trying to get someone ahead of him to take Montoya and leave him a forward.

Old
06-25-2004, 06:10 AM
NYblades

Rangers eye yet another young goalie

Quote:
"He is a very serious consideration at our pick," Maloney said. "He is a top-end goaltender. And we're optimistic Danny is going to (recover from a shoulder injury). We've got a youngster in Lundqvist coming up, and LaBarbera had a terrific year in the minors.

"But my opinion is that you can't win if you don't have a top goaltender. And Al Montoya has shown that he can be a top goaltender."
http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...7448105160.xml

Old
06-25-2004, 06:39 AM
BLACKBURN

Seems like Maloney is talking a lot at the moment. My theory is that he is lying about a lot of it to try and throw other teams off. Maybe he is showing interest in Montoya hoping that Phoenix may take him, leaving us with a choice of Ladd etc. I really hope Slats takes Ladd, he will definitely be the best player available and most suitable player for our team in my opinion.

Old
06-25-2004, 07:29 AM
NYblades

I agree, disinformation is part of the drafting game I suspect. Although with the Sather as GM who knows.

Old
06-25-2004, 07:35 AM
Yorkie

Rangers eye yet another young goalie

http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...7448105160.xml

Old
06-25-2004, 08:05 AM
JJ68NYR

Wat the hell is Sather's problem!!!! We have two highly, highly touted goaltending prospects in Lundqvist and Blackburn and then we have another good one in the minors in LaBarbera. AND lets not forget who Sather drafted in the 3rd round of last yr, Chris Holt! I mean give me a break. We dont have any top notch scorers for a prospect with the exception of Balej. Prucha you still dont knw even though he had a great tournament, Dawes you cant tell yet, Jessiman another guy who needs to be developed, Lundmark has not done anything yet. Really we need a foward in this draft. I prefer doing watever it takes to get Ovechkin who the Caps may not be able to handle with his high salary demands.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

CAPS TO RETAIN FIRST OVERALL PICK?

WASHINGTON TIMES: David Fay reports Capitals GM George McPhee has apparently decided to retain his first round pick (first overall) and use it to draft Russian forward Alexander Ovechkin. Three unnamed general managers told Fay that McPhee is still willing to listen to offers but still intends on drafting Ovechkin. McPhee refused to comment other than to suggest it would take more than a blockbuster offer to convince him to part with the pick.

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports the Caps have received interest in their pick from the Penguins, Oilers, and Rangers, as well as the Blackhawks. The Oilers have supposed offered up Eric Brewer, Ales Hemsky and their first round pick (16th overall) to the Caps.

EDMONTON SUN: Robin Brownlee reports, however, that Oilers GM Kevin Lowe denied making an offer to the Capitals. He admitted to contacting McPhee and assumed they might talk again, but said that's as far as their discussions have gone.

TORONTO SUN: Al Strachan also reported on the interest in the Caps pick, noting that one reason why the Caps might be willing to move what essentially is the rights to Alexander Ovechkin is that Ovechkin could be a problem for their payroll. The Caps dumped a lot of salary last season, but in signing Ovechkin, they'd have a player whose salary demands could cause problems, especially with Don Meehan as his agent. Strachan speculates one option for the Caps would be to draft him and then say they won't sign him until after the new CBA is in place, when they could then sign him at a lower salary, but Meehan could play hardball by threatening that Ovechkin would never play for them unless he's signed before the expiration of the current CBA (September 15). As Ovechkin is European, the Caps hold his right until he's 31, meaning they could place him on the "defected" list indefinitely and keep him out of the NHL. Ovechkin could then play in Russia where he earns $2 million per season, which is tax-exempt. Strachan also claimed the NY Rangers were one of the clubs interested in the Caps first overall pick.

Old
06-25-2004, 08:05 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I'll admit it, I want Schremp.

Same here.

Old
06-25-2004, 08:06 AM
JJ68NYR

Its not the first article, just keep reading each report

Old
06-25-2004, 08:14 AM
JJ68NYR

Here's another rumor from spectors:

BLUE JACKETS TO DEAL PICK TO RANGERS?

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports the Columbus Blue Jackets aren't in the bidding for the Washington Capitals first round pick. Garrioch reports they may instead ship their first round pick (fourth overall) to the New York Rangers for possibly a player and two picks.

Now thats an eye catcher. Columbus has been soooo quiet for the weeks coming up to the draft and havent been in the rumor mills at all because they are No.4 overall and the first three have been talked about most Ovechkin, Malkin, Barker.

Old
06-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports the Columbus Blue Jackets aren't in the bidding for the Washington Capitals first round pick. Garrioch reports they may instead ship their first round pick (fourth overall) to the New York Rangers for possibly a player and two picks.

Now thats an eye catcher. Columbus has been soooo quiet for the weeks coming up to the draft and havent been in the rumor mills at all because they are No.4 overall and the first three have been talked about most Ovechkin, Malkin, Barker.
The only way that deal is worth it is if the two picks do not include the #6.

Old
06-25-2004, 09:17 AM
RDriesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
The only way that deal is worth it is if the two picks do not include the #6.
yea, which we cbj fans are gonna be all over doug if we drop that far we would be pissed. we are hoping its the 6 and that you guys really want montoya and had to overpay to jump phoenix who was gonna draft them. all hope on our part, but i dont want us falling all the way for 24, no matter what eslse is in the deal

Old
06-25-2004, 09:23 AM
pld459666

I would love to see this happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR

Bettman walk to the stage after the 3rd pick and announces "We have a Trade"

The Columbus trades the 4th pick in the NHL Entry draft to the New York Rangers for Thomas Pock (or Jamie Lundmark) and the 36th and 37th picks.

The New York Rangers are on the clock.

Tom Renney and Don Maloney walk to the stage and say:

"Blah Blah Balh about TB and Cal and the Stanley Cup, some more Blah Blah Blah about the Carolina hosting this years draft" then drop this. With the 4th pick in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft the New York Rangers are proud to Select Andrew Ladd from the Calgary Hitmen in the Western Hockey League"

Old
06-25-2004, 09:29 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Deal w/Columbus ?????

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ottaw.../25/512956.html

Quote:
One team that can be eliminated from the bidding is the Blue Jackets. Sources say GM Doug MacLean has been offering his No. 4 selection around and may already have a deal in place with the Rangers for a player and two picks.
Park #2, Edge, SOTI any truth to this rumor?????

Posted this in the trade thread.

Old
06-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen
yea, which we cbj fans are gonna be all over doug if we drop that far we would be pissed. we are hoping its the 6 and that you guys really want montoya and had to overpay to jump phoenix who was gonna draft them. all hope on our part, but i dont want us falling all the way for 24, no matter what eslse is in the deal
I hear ya. Basically, I don't think there's any way to structure a trade with Columbus getting two picks and a player in exchange for the #4 pick that would be satisfactory to both teams. If it's the #6, the Rangers are overpaying. If it's not the #6, the Rangers are underpaying.

Old
06-25-2004, 10:10 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
I really would not be suprised if the Rangers draft Montoya. Everyone seems to think we are solid in goal for the future with Lundqvist and Blackburn, but we're far from it. If the Rangers are able to add Columbus's pick without giving up the #6 then 1 of the 2 goalies will definitely be drafted by them...

Old
06-25-2004, 10:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Maybe this pick is made to make a deal.

Perhaps (and it is a bit of a stretch)

To CAL: Montoya, Lundmark, #24, EDM 2nd

To NYR: Phaneuf, #19, and Gauthier?

Old
06-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

Yeah its a stetch I sincerely doubt Sutter trades Phaneuf

Old
06-25-2004, 11:16 AM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

Lol, if only Calgary could be so generous. Seems fair value wise, but damn i think we'd have to knock Sutter out with a brick to get our hands on Phaneuf.

Old
06-25-2004, 11:18 AM
TKLOOCH22

Also, any deal for the 4th pick would most likely have to be made once Chicago, or someone with the 3rd, makes the selection. If Barker is there at 4, I dont think anyone is getting that pick.

Old
06-25-2004, 11:43 AM
KING

Mock draft: After the Russians, a lot of mystery

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/7444537

Old
06-25-2004, 01:10 PM
in the hall

Phaneuf is a top defensive prospect, he'd go 3 in this years draft, he is probably untouchable for the sole fact that defense is a premium and any price getting him would be too high

Closed Thread