Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Team Slovakia for WC 2011 in Bratislava & Košice

Old
01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

vCash: 500
Team Slovakia for WC 2011 in Bratislava & Košice

I think It's time to start this discussion for us too.

Players in Europe:

KHL:
Forwards: Demitra, Šatan, Stümpel, Hossa Marcel, Radivojevič, Kolník, Surový, Ružička, Kukumberg, Cibák, Mikúš Juraj
Defenders: Podhradský, Baranka, Graňák, Sersen, Starosta, Obšut
Goalie: Staňa
(Štrbák and Petrovický retired)

SEL (Elitserien):
Forwards: Zedník, Bartečko, Nagy, Pavlikovský Rastislav
Defender: Majeský

SM-Liiga:
Forwards: Záborský, Ölvecký
Defenders: Lintner, Kudroč
Goalie: Lašák

NLA:
Forward: Sejna

DEL:
Forward: Čiernik
Defenders: Milo, Pavlikovský Richard

Tipsport Extraliga (Czech):
Forwards: Zagrapan, Huna Rudolf, Somík, Bartek, Bartovič, Bicek, Skladaný, Macho, Špirko, Podkonický...
Defenders: Mikuš Peter, Stehlík, Švárny, Čakajík, Mezei, Vydarený...
Goalie: Hamerlík

Slovnaft Extraliga (Slovak):
Forwards:Tománek, Haščák Marcel, Lapšanský...
Defenders: Ďaloga, Brejčák Ján, Biro...
Goalie: Hudáček Július

Players in North America

CHL:
Forwards: Pánik, Viedenský, Jurčo...
Defenders: Marinčin...

AHL:
Forwards: Tatar, Bližňák, Kytnár...
Defenders: Mihálik, Mikuš Juraj, Valábik...
Goalie: Janus (in ECHL now)

NHL:
Forwards: Hossa Marián, Gáborík, Handzuš, Kopecký, Svatoš, Tatar (in AHL now), Bližňák (in AHL now)
Defenders: Chára, Višňovský, Meszároš, Sekera, Jurčina
Goalies: Halák, Budaj

So what's your roster (European for Slovakia Cup, without NHL for WC, with players from NHL that in your opinion won't play play off)?

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

It looks like every player in the NHL is going to make the playoffs. (Besides Sekera & Jurčina)

How far they make it is anyones guess. If they get knocked out in the 1st round I'd hope they'd be on the next flight over.

Unless they are seriously hurt, no excuse to skip out on it seeing as it's home ice for the first time ever.

Last edited by Harv: 01-11-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 04:49 PM
TatarBashqort

is Tomas Starosta considired to be in Team Slovakia? he's looking pretty bad in Salavat this season

i had high hopes for him, actualy now it's looks like he's gonna leave team soon, he's having little ice-time and just can't find his game

TatarBashqort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatarBashqort View Post
is Tomas Starosta considired to be in Team Slovakia? he's looking pretty bad in Salavat this season
Honestly, he won't even sniff the WC roster. Way too many players in front of him.

Old
01-12-2011, 02:52 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Honestly, he won't even sniff the WC roster. Way too many players in front of him.
and i have such feeling, than we can throw also Stefan Ruzicka away ... I think last season he wasn't satisfied, when he must fight on his roster spot, so he declined.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Patriks7

I have a feeling our NHL players won't go again even if they won't be in the playoffs... I hope I'm wrong.

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Time for Julius Hudacek to shine

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:18 AM
slovakiasnextone

It´s kind of sad that our best player will most probably be "the 12th player" to use some soccer terminology (which number could we use in hockey btw?)-the fans, isn´t it?

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:20 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
and i have such feeling, than we can throw also Stefan Ruzicka away ... I think last season he wasn't satisfied, when he must fight on his roster spot, so he declined.
From my understanding he also declined the invitation to Arosa Cup? He was originally on the roster, but then wasn´t on the final one and he wsn´t injured as he played in Spartak´s exhibition game against Russia U20 played around that time. Can´t be that his team wouldn´t release him either as his teammate Baranka played at the AC.

Old
01-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

I thought about my selection of players and the result is here

In first group are players that must be there, if they'll be available. It' a core of our NT. In my opinion these players are NHL-ers except Svatoš, Tatar and Bližňák plus our old heroes from KHL - Demitra, Šatan and Stümpel.

In second group are players that should be there, if they'll be in good shape. I think these players are all the other players from the 2010 Olympics - Bartečko, Zedník, Radivojevič, Hossa Marcel, Cibák, Baranka and Staňa.

Third group consists of young players with high potential. I think Hanlon has to remember his main aim he announced when he get a job in Slovakia. In my opinion at least one of these young player has to be there even when we will have the best possible roster -Pánik, Tatar, Viedenský, Bližňák, Janus, Hudáček, Záborský.

All the other players.

Old
01-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

This is what I select now:

Tatar - Demitra - Pánik
Šatan - Handzuš - Bartečko
Nagy - Stümpel - Zedník
Hossa Marcel - Cibák - Radivojevič
Surový

Jurčina - Sekera
Podhradský - Sersen
Obšut - Baranka
Graňák

Halák - Hudáček - Staňa

And now kill me.

Old
01-15-2011, 03:45 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post

In first group are players that must be there, if they'll be available. It' a core of our NT. In my opinion these players are NHL-ers except Svatoš, Tatar and Bližňák plus our old heroes from KHL - Demitra, Šatan and Stümpel.

In second group are players that should be there, if they'll be in good shape. I think these players are all the other players from the 2010 Olympics - Bartečko, Zedník, Radivojevič, Hossa Marcel, Cibák, Baranka and Staňa.

Third group consists of young players with high potential. I think Hanlon has to remember his main aim he announced when he get a job in Slovakia. In my opinion at least one of these young player has to be there even when we will have the best possible roster -Pánik, Tatar, Viedenský, Bližňák, Janus, Hudáček, Záborský.

All the other players.
The yellow color is unreadable

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
The yellow color is unreadable
OK, sorry.

All the other players.

Old
01-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:

All the other players.
I changed a little bit lines and this is my result:

1st line:
Radivojevič 2 - Demitra 1 - Pánik 3

I think there's no question about 1st line center.
If Hossa and Kopecký will play NHL playoff, then Hanlon has to find wingers for Demitra. In my opinion Šatan has got better chemistry with Stümpel or Handzuš. So my decision would be reunite Radivojevič with Demitra as it was in Minessota Wild. I think Radivojevič can play defensive LW, the same what Kopecký did for us at the Olympics or Tomáš Rolínek has done for Czechs last years.
Pánik is little version of Marián Hossa and I think Demitra can make him twice better than he's now. I would take Pánik instead of Tatar, because he's more complete player.

2nd line:
Zedník 2 - Stümpel 1 - Šatan 1
Stümpel is a good center for 2nd line, a bit slow, but he's got great vision and he's 1st class play-maker. I think he's got good chemistry with Zedník (you know thanks to Florida Panthers and NT). Zedník is great 2-way LW. I think there's no question about connection of Šatan and Stümpel.

3rd line:
Nagy 4 - Handzuš 1 - Bartečko 2

Michal Handzuš is ideal example of NHL 3rd line center. If some team want to succeed, it must have this type of player. There's good chemistry between Nagy and Bartečko, because they has played together in Poprad and Modo this year and they know each other well. Maybe they can remind their St. Louis Blues period of lives.

4th line:
Surový 4 - Cibák 2 - Hossa Marcel 2

I think Cibák is a good 4th line center. I would take him instead of Kukumberg, Mikúš Juraj, Zagrapan, Viedenský or Somík, because he's suited for this role. Well, a lot of people don't like the way, Marcel Hossa play, but I think he should be there in the 4th line at least. Surový is doing well this year in Dinamo Riga but I hope, he won't cut Halák's head.

13th forward:
Tatar 3

Tatar is one dimensional young player that needs to develop more. He can play in some periods of games.

1st D pair:
Jurčina 1 - Sekera 1
There's no question about this pairing. At the Olympics they were really great and this year they are doing well in NHL.

2nd D pair:
Obšut 4 - Baranka 2

I would take this two defenders, because they were team-mates for a long time in Spartak Moscow. It could work.

3rd D pair:
Podhradský 4 - Sersen 4

Well, these former Slovan Bratislava players are doing well this season in KHL. Podhradský is more offensive while Sersen is a bit more defensive defender. Sersen played good for NT this year on tourneys.

7th D:
Graňák

A good puck-moving defender, but he has got some defensive issues.

Goalies:
Halák 1 - Hudáček 3 - Staňa 2

Well, I hope all the opposite players will be Halaked in Bratislava. As a back-up goalie I would take Hudáček instead of Staňa, because through the whole his career he's a great goalie with great numbers, he's young, has got a lot of potential and he has to move forward.

What's your opinion?

Old
01-15-2011, 11:17 AM
slovakiasnextone

Seriously? Radivojevič on your first line? The guy that has been piss poor on the NT ever since he´s playing in Europe and additionally now is piss poor even in Spartak on KHL. You have Tatar as the 13th forward as a "one dimensional player", yet you have still Pánik on the top line, who has always been slacking out on D more than Tatar. Not even talking about the fact that Tatar is playing his 3rd straight season against men including a short span in the NHL, while Pánik has been only playing junior and has been incredibly streaky in that. And I actually think that Pánik should be on the team, but that explanation you have for Tatar being the 13th forward is really poor. Especially when you have Branko on the 1st line.

Old
01-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Anyone hear anything in the Slovak papers as if some of the NHL players are willing to come after the playoffs?

Alot of the guys probably won't make it out of the first round.

Majo, Kopecky, Z, Gabby, and Budaj I don't see making long runs in the playoffs.

Would also like to see Mihálik, and Big Boris Valábik. It's better than what we can hope for.

Old
01-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Seriously? Radivojevič on your first line? The guy that has been piss poor on the NT ever since he´s playing in Europe and additionally now is piss poor even in Spartak on KHL. You have Tatar as the 13th forward as a "one dimensional player", yet you have still Pánik on the top line, who has always been slacking out on D more than Tatar. Not even talking about the fact that Tatar is playing his 3rd straight season against men including a short span in the NHL, while Pánik has been only playing junior and has been incredibly streaky in that. And I actually think that Pánik should be on the team, but that explanation you have for Tatar being the 13th forward is really poor. Especially when you have Branko on the 1st line.
Yes, I'm serious. I got Tatar - Demitra - Pánik as a 1st line in previous post, but there would be a big question: Who the hell would help to defenders of this 3 players? The best choice for me would be to switch Tatar for Radivojevič. He's not very skilled player, but he work hard every second of the time on ice. As I said, he got some chemistry with Demitra and he's defensive responsible = good defensive LW = his main aim wouldn't be to collect point per game. I think you underestimate Radivojevič a bit, e.g. you say "now is piss poor even in Spartak on KHL". Well, he's a captain of Spartak Moscow and he's the best scorer of Spartak at the moment.
Second point. Why do I still have Pánik on the first line and not Tatar? Did you watch last World hockey championship? I think there is answer for this. Pánik was defensively way better than Tatar and he was the best player of the team with +3 in+/- and the only player in +. He got great weight for his age (92 kg / 203 lbs).
PS: Did you watched the games when Tatar were playing for Detroit Red Wings? Did you hear what Mike Babcock said about Tatar? He said something like he's a kid. I think that's true, e.g. his weight 80 kg / 176 lbs.

Old
01-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Anyone hear anything in the Slovak papers as if some of the NHL players are willing to come after the playoffs?

Alot of the guys probably won't make it out of the first round.

Majo, Kopecky, Z, Gabby, and Budaj I don't see making long runs in the playoffs.

Would also like to see Mihálik, and Big Boris Valábik. It's better than what we can hope for.
Tatar is the only player I heard he would come.

I think Mihálik is OK but do you really think Valábik would be a good choice for big European rinks? I'm not sure. On the 2009 WHC he was terrible...

Old
01-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Patriks7

Quote:
And now kill me.
You will be only killed for the colors used

I really wish we could get our Olympic lineup together for this tournament. If they'd play the same way, we would definitely get a medal. I don't think we really want to be in the relegation round when playing in our own country, which I think will happen with our players available.

Problem is, even if they would want to come, I think most will be in the playoffs. And most are on teams who are capable of getting out of the first round. But that is right now, there is still a lot of hockey to be played in the NHL before the tournament starts.

Old
01-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriks7 View Post
You will be only killed for the colors used

I really wish we could get our Olympic lineup together for this tournament. If they'd play the same way, we would definitely get a medal. I don't think we really want to be in the relegation round when playing in our own country, which I think will happen with our players available.

Problem is, even if they would want to come, I think most will be in the playoffs. And most are on teams who are capable of getting out of the first round. But that is right now, there is still a lot of hockey to be played in the NHL before the tournament starts.
I would be very happy for Olympic roster and I think Glen Hanlon would be too. However I think you are a bit pessimist. Even our European roster is good and they should make quarterfinal, but real problem is our future after this Championship. A lot of gold boys will end their careers in NT.

PS: The greatest victory for Slovakia would be when president of Slovak ice hockey association, Široký flies away to a country far and far away and takes with him all his chums.

Last edited by Krotak: 04-19-2014 at 02:13 AM.
Old
01-16-2011, 02:10 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Šatan - Demitra - Zednik
Nagy - Stümpel - Bartečko
Tatar - Pavlikovsky - Pánik
Kukumberg - Bliznak - Ruzicka

Podhradský - Granak
Sekera - Mikus
Obšut - Baranka

Last edited by landskronala: 01-16-2011 at 02:21 AM.
TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Patriks7

Quote:
I would be very happy for Olympic roster and I think Glen Hanlon would be too. However I think you are a bit pessimist. Even our European roster is good and they should make quarterfinal, but real problem is our future after this Championship. A lot of gold boys will end their careers in NT.

PS: The greatest victory for Slovakia would be when president of Slovak ice hockey association, mister communist, spy, thief and fink Široký flys away to a country far and far away and takes with him all his chums.
Who wouldn't be happy for the Olympic roster?

But I'm not a pessimist, I'm just looking at it realistically based on the last couple years.

2008 – Finished in 13th place
2009 – Finished in 10th place
2010 – Finished in 12th place

We're lucky to still be in the top division. Most of the players in the rosters I've seen are getting to the end of their careers, which is why I think they should push our NHL stars to say something along the lines of "if I drop out of the playoffs, I'll be on the first flight to Bratislava." We NEED to show something on this tournament since it is at home, because our international hockey future is not looking bright at all.

Old
02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Slovak roster for Slovakia Cup:

Goalkeepers: Peter HAMERLÍK (klub HC Oceláři Třinec, ČR, games for NT 4/ goals 0), Július HUDÁČEK (HC Košice, 3/0), Ján LAŠÁK (Jokerit Helsinki, Fín., 77/0).
Defenders: Ivan BARANKA (Spartak Moskva, Rus./KHL, 29/2), Radek DEYL (HC Košice, 2/0), Richard LINTNER (SaiPa Lappeenranta, Fín., 103/13), Ivan MAJESKÝ (Skelleftea, Švéd., 90/4), Branislav MEZEI (HC Eaton Pardubice, ČR, 41/0), Peter PODHRADSKÝ (Dinamo Minsk, Biel./KHL, 85/8), Richard STEHLÍK (HC Kometa Brno, ČR, 59/1), René VYDARENÝ (HC České Budějovice, ČR, 61/3)
Forwards: Marek BARTÁNUS (HC Sparta Praha, ČR, 8/2), Ľuboš BARTEČKO (MoDo Hockey, Švéd., 99/21), Martin CIBÁK (Severstal Čerepovec, Rus./KHL, 32/4), Rastislav DEJ (HC Energie Karlove Vary,ČR, 2/0), Pavol DEMITRA (Lokomotiv Jaroslavľ, Rus./KHL, 68/24), Marcel HOSSA (AK Bars Kazaň, Rus./KHL, 68/15), Rudolf HUNA (HC Vítkovice Steel, ČR, 23/2), Juraj MIKÚŠ (Spartak Moskva, Rus./KHL, 30/5), Ladislav NAGY (MoDo Hockey, Švéd., 58/18), Peter ÖLVECKÝ (Kalpa Kuopio, Fín., 7/0), Branko RADIVOJEVIČ (Spartak Moskva, Rus./KHL, 65/6), Jozef STÜMPEL (Dinamo Minsk, Biel./KHL,85/17), Tomáš SUROVÝ (Dinamo Riga, Lot./KHL, 49/8), Richard ZEDNÍK (AIK Štokholm, Švéd., 56/14).

Source:
http://www.szlh.sk/clanok/63240-Napr...opskym-vyberom

According to Glen Hanlon this is 80% of European roster, that will be available for WHC.
Well, I don't know, but that defense scared me .

Last edited by Krotak: 02-01-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old
02-01-2011, 04:04 PM
zorz

why are they listing number of NT goals for goalies

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
why are they listing number of NT goals for goalies
You know, people from SZLH have high expectations for our goalies.