HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Cup's Early 7 Round Mock NHL Entry Draft.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2011, 04:08 PM
  #26
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast
 
Jamie Benn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: At The Rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,855
vCash: 500
I can be on a waiting list please.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 04:21 PM
  #27
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,250
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Realistically available from EDM:

Dustin Penner, Andrew Cogliano and all the scrubs above the age of 25.

__________________
Listen live to The Pipeline Show or find the audio archives and our blog at: www.thepipelineshow.com
Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 04:23 PM
  #28
The Scouting Report
Registered User
 
The Scouting Report's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
Realistically available from EDM:

Dustin Penner, Andrew Cogliano and all the scrubs above the age of 25.
Sounds like you could use a franchise player like Jason Blake?

The Scouting Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
  #29
Jesker
Registered User
 
Jesker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
I'm looking to trade down my 1st round pick (17th) for a later 1st round pick and a second round pick...

PM if you're interested.

Jesker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:48 PM
  #30
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
willing to move the 31st pick for a realistic top 6 "project" scorer

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:30 PM
  #31
fong p88
Registered User
 
fong p88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 500
Columbus Block:
Mike Commodore can be had for next to nothing. Jared Boll, Chris Clark, Derek MacKenzie, Ethan Moreau and Anton Stralman are also available.


Last edited by fong p88: 01-20-2011 at 12:51 AM.
fong p88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:45 AM
  #32
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,901
vCash: 50
We have a trade to announce:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired winger Kristian Huselius from the Columbus Blue Jackets for winger Chris Kunitz, defensive prospect Carl Sneep, and Pittsburgh's 5th round 2011 draft pick.

__________________
Soon.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 01-20-2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: ****ing Mac keyboard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:51 AM
  #33
fong p88
Registered User
 
fong p88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
We have a trade to announce:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired winger Kristian Huselius from the Columbus Blue Jackets for winger Christ Kunitz, defensive prospect Carl Sneep, and Pittsburgh's 5th round 2011 draft pick.
Columbus comfirms, pleasure doing business

fong p88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:31 AM
  #34
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,599
vCash: 500
all these trades are extremely exciting but is new jersey on the clock yet? i know its not a crosby draft with an obvious first choice but it would be nice to get this thing rolling....

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:16 AM
  #35
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
We have a trade to announce:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired winger Kristian Huselius from the Columbus Blue Jackets for winger Chris Kunitz, defensive prospect Carl Sneep, and Pittsburgh's 5th round 2011 draft pick.
Columbus made out like bandits here.

Kunitz for Huselius straight up is more than fair; Pittsburgh adding Sneep and a pick really tips the scales in Columbus' favor...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:21 AM
  #36
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,901
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Columbus made out like bandits here.

Kunitz for Huselius straight up is more than fair; Pittsburgh adding Sneep and a pick really tips the scales in Columbus' favor...
I'd consider Huselius a fair offensive upgrade over Kunitz - he's a 60+ point offensively minded winger. Sneep and the pick were throw ins. Neither really meant much to me at all.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:24 AM
  #37
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
ATTN: Teams In Need Of Goaltending

St. Louis is offering the rights to Konstantin Barulin for a very reasonable price.

Please note that the asking price will have to be slightly higher for a Western Conference opponent than it will be for an Eastern Conference club, for obvious reasons. The price will not, however, be onerous for GM's in either conference.

First come, first served..

Barulin is currently leading the KHL in GAA with 1.78, also has a 93.0% save percentage. He wants a "guaranteed" NHL roster spot, and St. Louis doesn't have one available with Halak in place and both Bishop and Allen in the wings.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:30 AM
  #38
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I'd consider Huselius a fair offensive upgrade over Kunitz - he's a 60+ point offensively minded winger. Sneep and the pick were throw ins. Neither really meant much to me at all.
Huselius is no bum, to be sure... but Kunitz is cheaper, bigger, younger (albeit only by one year), more physical and more consistent.

I wouldn't turn Huselius away from my team, but I wouldn't trade Kunitz to acquire him, either. But that's just me...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:35 AM
  #39
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,901
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Huselius is no bum, to be sure... but Kunitz is cheaper, bigger, younger (albeit only by one year), more physical and more consistent.

I wouldn't turn Huselius away from my team, but I wouldn't trade Kunitz to acquire him, either. But that's just me...
Considering my roster, I have plenty of physicality. I added Bobby Ryan, a full upgrade over Kunitz in all of those departments, so I wanted to add some more finesse to my lineup. Huselius brings that, and I think would fit in very well with Crosby.

I like Kunitz a lot, but I feel the offensive upgrade was needed. Now I just need a 2nd line LW.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:23 AM
  #40
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,901
vCash: 50
The Penguins have another trade to announce:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired winger Brad Boyes and talented goaltending prospect Konstantin Barulin from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for winger Pascal Dupuis, forward prospect Tomas Kühnhackl, goaltending prospect Mathias Modig, and Pittsburgh's 2011 6th round draft pick.

Penguins GM Brian Boyle was pleased with how quickly the deal went down:

"We believe Brad will give us a boost in talent and scoring off the wing - he's a great fit for either Sidney Crosby or Jordan Staal. He's a right handed shooter, something we have lacked the past few years. We feel we are set down the right side, but would like to add one more winger."

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:35 AM
  #41
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
The Penguins have another trade to announce:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired winger Brad Boyes and talented goaltending prospect Konstantin Barulin from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for winger Pascal Dupuis, forward prospect Tomas Kühnhackl, goaltending prospect Mathias Modig, and Pittsburgh's 2011 6th round draft pick.

Penguins GM Brian Boyle was pleased with how quickly the deal went down:

"We believe Brad will give us a boost in talent and scoring off the wing - he's a great fit for either Sidney Crosby or Jordan Staal. He's a right handed shooter, something we have lacked the past few years. We feel we are set down the right side, but would like to add one more winger."
St. Louis confirms. The Blues would like to wish Brad Boyes well in his future endeavors, and wish Konstantin Barulin the best as he should finally get the NHL roster spot he has been seeking. The Blues look forward to welcoming Pascal Dupuis to the NHL roster, and Tom Kühnhackl and Mattias Modig to the organization.

St. Louis selections in 2011 Draft (as of 20 Jan 11):

12th
40th
70th
72nd
100th
160th
179th
190th


Last edited by Prussian_Blue: 01-20-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 08:51 AM
  #42
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
all these trades are extremely exciting but is new jersey on the clock yet? i know its not a crosby draft with an obvious first choice but it would be nice to get this thing rolling....
I have sent the NJ GM two PM's letting him know he is up.

We will give NJ (Jason MacIsaac) until 12 noon and then after that I will assign a new GM to the team who will be given a 2 hour window to make a pick or trade the pick.

DanStewartFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:14 PM
  #43
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup View Post
I have sent the NJ GM two PM's letting him know he is up.

We will give NJ (Jason MacIsaac) until 12 noon and then after that I will assign a new GM to the team who will be given a 2 hour window to make a pick or trade the pick.
Gonna assume that Jersey's new GM is now in the 2-hour window...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:25 PM
  #44
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Gonna assume that Jersey's new GM is now in the 2-hour window...
What a shame. Jason MacIssac has not been on the boards since the 14th. I will look for a replacement GM but in the mean time, NJ will pick by 2 PM (EST) today so can finally get this thing rolling.

DanStewartFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:32 PM
  #45
Velociraptor
Registered User
 
Velociraptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maritimes
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup View Post
What a shame. Jason MacIssac has not been on the boards since the 14th. I will look for a replacement GM but in the mean time, NJ will pick by 2 PM (EST) today so can finally get this thing rolling.
To make it interesting, if no manager selects, we should do a consensus selection.

Mine would be Jonathan Huberdeau, C, Saint John (QMJHL)

It's a kind of unlikely first overall pick, but this eliminates taking a player of higher draft value for the team that actually makes their pick, and hey, a big splash at the draft never hurt anybody!

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:12 PM
  #46
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
With the 1st overall pick, the Devils are proud to select from the SEL... Adam Larsson.


DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:14 PM
  #47
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,346
vCash: 500
Introducing poster DEVILS ALL THE WAY as the Devils new GM.


Edmonton Oilers select C Sean Couturier and his hugh upside potential with the 2nd overall selection.

Pick made via Proxy list.

Islander GM will be PM'd.

DanStewartFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
  #48
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500


Available players... Elias, Arnott, Zubrus, Rolston, C. White, Tallinder.

* Parise might be available but you better have a solid offer.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
  #49
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,901
vCash: 50
Delete

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:53 PM
  #50
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Delete
delete what? im sure itll take off around 530ish

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.