HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Jan 13 2011|| Leafs at Coyotes || Well You can`t win em all...

Old
01-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Rayzorexe
Yawn...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
Gustavsson would be cursed all the way if that was him in net tonight. So funny.
Don't think he was an option tonight considering Giguere was Back-Up for Reimer tonight.

This game was intially for Giguere to start but the win in San Jose forced Wilson to choose Reimer for tonight

Rayzorexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Boom King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
So you're saying they should remove the captaincy away from Phaneuf after only one year? I think he shouldn't have been named captain, but I don't think he will be stripped of the captaincy after one year.
No, someone asked if Phaneuf was stripped of the 'C' then who should get it. That was just my answer. I'm not necessarily suggesting the Leafs actually do it. Read posts in context.

Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:09 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzorexe View Post
Don't think he was an option tonight considering Giguere was Back-Up for Reimer tonight.

This game was intially for Giguere to start but the win in San Jose forced Wilson to choose Reimer for tonight
That's not what I meant. What I was trying to say is that if Gus allows goals like this = send him to Alaska. Reimer today = it's ok. Just messed up.
Eventually Reimer will end up in Gus's position. It's like walking around in circles.

iArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:14 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

They trapped us to death tonight, hopefully this doesn't lead to our offense drying up.

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Darylman

What the hell are you talking about? Nobody would blame Gustavvson for that. Reimer played terrific tonight. Getting scored on does not mean you are playing poorly.

He made some amazing and timely saves. The offense went AWOL. That's not Reimer's fault. Gus looks wildly out of position and lets in a lot of pucks right around waist level that Reimer simply doesn't let in 9.5/10

Darylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:18 PM
KilPhessel

LOL Brett Lebda is a worldwide trending topic on twitter haha

KilPhessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

****** game, oh well, 3-1 on a tough road trip for a mediocore team is great.

in other news, Seguin pulled a Lebda tonite, Bruins scored 7 goals, granted they gave up 5, but he was a -2 with 0 points

Lets bounce back against the Flames.

Go Leafs Go

Funk Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:25 PM
ukrleaf

Quote:
The offense went AWOL
Well it is the same as with most games where Monster started. And still 20 shots and 16 saves those are awful stats and Giguere or Gustavsson would be ripped apart here regardless of the quality of those shots. This already happened many times

ukrleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:26 PM
LeeIs
M a t s

Actually wasn't a bad loss at all. We were in the game until the roof collapsed with all those penalties. then the flood gates opened. If that didn't happen, we could've probably pulled out a tieing goal and taken the lead like our few last games. it was going the same way as those, though we played better in the 1st tonight than we played in the 1st in the last couple of games. Discipline killed us. Reimer tried to save us but didn't work.

I'm not very pissed about the game actually.

LeeIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Leafmon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanty View Post
So... The "Lunch Line" is catching on? I CALL DIBS ON HAVING CREATED THAT. For real.
Gonna lose my lunch on that post.

As far as the game goes, strong first,too many penalties, Reimer had no chances on the goals, Brown got even with the loser for the boarding hit with no-call, what can ya say. The better team on a better run rt now was Phx.

Leafmon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:28 PM
RASHBEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylman View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Nobody would blame Gustavvson for that. Reimer played terrific tonight. Getting scored on does not mean you are playing poorly.

He made some amazing and timely saves. The offense went AWOL. That's not Reimer's fault. Gus looks wildly out of position and lets in a lot of pucks right around waist level that Reimer simply doesn't let in 9.5/10
he isn't saying reimer played badly. what he's saying makes perfect sense actually, a LOT of goals gustavsson let in were goals like those. reimer is exactly in the same spot gustavsson near the beginning of the season. a perfect example was the montreal game.. terrible defense leading to easy goals, and NO offensive support. i think gus started to struggle after the tampa bay game.. the team (except brown who got injured attempting to help the goalie) showed such a piss poor effort, which most likely killed all his confidence. once you lose confidence, you lose focus. and once you lose that.. good luck trying to do anything right.

RASHBEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:32 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHBEEP View Post
he isn't saying reimer played badly. what he's saying makes perfect sense actually, a LOT of goals gustavsson let in were goals like those. reimer is exactly in the same spot gustavsson near the beginning of the season. a perfect example was the montreal game.. terrible defense leading to easy goals, and NO offensive support. i think gus started to struggle after the tampa bay game.. the team (except brown who got injured attempting to help the goalie) showed such a piss poor effort, which most likely killed all his confidence. once you lose confidence, you lose focus. and once you lose that.. good luck trying to do anything right.
Thank you!

Old
01-13-2011, 11:33 PM
maplelives

Dave in Vancouver!!

maplelives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:35 PM
paradeofwolves

Brett Lebda is trending worldwide on Twitter. Haaaaaah.

paradeofwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:35 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

every goal Reimer let in was a roof job. those are nothing like the goals gus and jiggy have been letting in all year. give your heads a shake. If those are the only goals he lets in, he'll be a great goalie.

anyways, the leafs actually played pretty well in this one, at least until the road trip and 3 in 4 nights finally caught up with them in the third.

Difference in this game was the leafs missing the net on their golden chances, while the yotes sniped corners on theirs.

all in all a pretty sweet road trip.

hopefully they go back with Reimer on saturday, but I fear they won't.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Leafmon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
No, someone asked if Phaneuf was stripped of the 'C' then who should get it. That was just my answer. I'm not necessarily suggesting the Leafs actually do it. Read posts in context.
I feel that he shouldn't have been given the "C" without proving himself. Heck, give me the phone numbers of newbies and the team and I'll tell them to work out and train properly, and shat, I'll even bring in some tunes. He's ok, but not fitting the bill for captain imho. Frikken Mac dropping the gloves tonight showed more heart than Dion has since he's been here, but hindsight is always 20/20. I am not giving up on the guy as he needs time to adjust and heal, but after next season he had better be stepping everything up, though he did not play a bad game tonight really.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:38 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
every goal Reimer let in was a roof job. those are nothing like the goals gus and jiggy have been letting in all year. give your heads a shake. If those are the only goals he lets in, he'll be a great goalie.

anyways, the leafs actually played pretty well in this one, at least until the road trip and 3 in 4 nights finally caught up with them in the third.

Difference in this game was the leafs missing the net on their golden chances, while the yotes sniped corners on theirs.

all in all a pretty sweet road trip.

hopefully they go back with Reimer on saturday, but I fear they won't.
Almost any NHL forward is able to roof it. If you let in all the roof shots = you're crap. You give your own head a shake.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:40 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

yeah, he's let in every high shot he's faced. good point.

and it's very hard to roof the puck consistently, no matter who you are. The leafs missed the net every time they tried tonight,.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Leafmon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
Almost any NHL forward is able to roof it. If you let in all the roof shots = you're crap. You give your own head a shake.
Terrible post from someone not watching the game imo. He was defenseless on those shots, literally and figuratively. If you are calling him out on those goals, give your head some time to rest, do not shake anymore...

Old
01-13-2011, 11:48 PM
RASHBEEP

Quote:
wow man you got me. now please point out where i said the only goals the other two goalies let in were "roof jobs". what i DID say is that most of the goals gustavsson let in were directly result of poor defensive play. poor defensive play leads to a golden opportunity for the other team.. meaning they can shoot the puck wherever the hell they like (doesnt have to be up top).

and that is exactly what happened to reimer today.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Boom King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafmon1 View Post
I feel that he shouldn't have been given the "C" without proving himself. Heck, give me the phone numbers of newbies and the team and I'll tell them to work out and train properly, and shat, I'll even bring in some tunes. He's ok, but not fitting the bill for captain imho. Frikken Mac dropping the gloves tonight showed more heart than Dion has since he's been here, but hindsight is always 20/20. I am not giving up on the guy as he needs time to adjust and heal, but after next season he had better be stepping everything up, though he did not play a bad game tonight really.
Ya I wasn't exactly giving him a standing ovation either when he got the 'C' but what are you going to do now? It's not like stripping him of the captaincy is going to flip a switch and get this team into the playoffs. This team has other issues that need to be worked out first before they need to revisit who should be captain again. Like I said earlier though, in maybe another 2 seasons, Schenn would be my guy hands down.

Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:52 PM
BayStBully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylman View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Nobody would blame Gustavvson for that.
Let's be real here lol. Honestly think about that. In no way am I saying Reimer was to blame. But on this forum, if Goose was playing and let in those exact goals, he would be ripped apart. This board isn't the most optimistic, fair or mature.

BayStBully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:54 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafmon1 View Post
Terrible post from someone not watching the game imo. He was defenseless on those shots, literally and figuratively. If you are calling him out on those goals, give your head some time to rest, do not shake anymore...
Read what RASHBEEP said. Exactly my thoughts.

Quote:
wow man you got me. now please point out where i said the only goals the other two goalies let in were "roof jobs". what i DID say is that most of the goals gustavsson let in were directly result of poor defensive play. poor defensive play leads to a golden opportunity for the other team.. meaning they can shoot the puck wherever the hell they like (doesnt have to be up top).

You read my mind man.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:54 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:

nope.

the only chance they had on any of those goals was to roof the puck perfectly.

otherwise, they wouldn't have gone in.

the leafs played very well defensively today, and had more scoring chances than Phoenix tonight.

good on them for sniping today, and bad on us for missing the net on our chances.

Old
01-14-2011, 12:03 AM
RASHBEEP

Quote:
nope.

the only chance they had on any of those goals was to roof the puck perfectly.

otherwise, they wouldn't have gone in.