HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Blues - 01/13/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
01-14-2011, 12:57 AM
Orenji

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
L.A. hasn't crushed many teams at all this season. Maybe a few games (Detroit, SJ, Colorado), but it's a rare occasion.
They crushed the Predators twice.
Colorado.
Detroit.
San Jose.
Anaheim.
Islanders.

There is probably more, but I can't remember. There is a reason why we're still 16+ GD even with our terrible losing streak. We've crushed teams, lost close games and can't extend them to OT.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 12:58 AM
goosh
TwoForRoughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Meh, I still think this team is much better than last year's when they both play at their best.

The Kings of last season wouldn't have crushed teams like this year's team has done when they're playing their best.

But also last year's team had more heart, played harder, and had a chip on their shoulder. No one believed they were ready to make the playoffs. They fought back, got loser points, got into overtime and stole 2 points against teams in the shootout.

This year, we usually just lose by 1 or 2 goals in regulation and be done with.

The only times we ever really got blown out this season was the Montreal game and the second game in Phoenix. You could add the Flyers game, but the Kings had a lot of chances to make that a closer game.

But the Sturm band-aid hasn't helped. We gave up nothing, but he still has been pretty bad. He cherry picks too much, doesn't bury his chances, and is still in preseason mode. This might change, but we really needed him to step up.

Murray should just go back to the line-up which we used when we were winning:

Sturm-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Simmonds-Zeus-Clifford
Ponikavrosky-Lewis-Richardson

Roll four lines. It worked before. Westgarth, who I know I put down all the time, has really done nothing. He doesn't really add anything. Tonight he tried for a fight, but he got turned down and then made fun of by the Blues player on the bench.

This year's team NEVER plays their best. That's the difference.

goosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:00 AM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Or both?
Yeah it's possible. problem with changing the coach is that Stevens will be the replacement.
Hard to bring in somebody from the outside at this point in the season.

butthead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead666 View Post
Time to change the coach or the captain.
Changing the captain wouldn't do anything, and would likely cause problems in the locker room and between players and management. I think most of the players on the team like Brown as captain.

A coaching change may do something, but it is risky. I think a trade would be more beneficial, though now that we are in free fall mode again, the price is going to be high.

In all likeliness, Dean will pull the trigger on a deal prior to the deadline, but it won't be what we are expecting, and we will end up with some rental veteran that may or may not perform for us. I don't see any possible way that Dean panics and pays for a player of much particular value and there is virtually no chance that Dean would fire Murray.

We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby. - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:05 AM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Changing the captain wouldn't do anything, and would likely cause problems in the locker room and between players and management. I think most of the players on the team like Brown as captain.

A coaching change may do something, but it is risky. I think a trade would be more beneficial, though now that we are in free fall mode again, the price is going to be high.

In all likeliness, Dean will pull the trigger on a deal prior to the deadline, but it won't be what we are expecting, and we will end up with some rental veteran that may or may not perform for us. I don't see any possible way that Dean panics and pays for a player of much particular value and there is virtually no chance that Dean would fire Murray.
I have no idea what is going on in the locker room but if they keep losing I think that Dean is going to have to get rid of Murray especially if he has lost this team.
A game like tonight makes me think that he already has. Isn't this the time that the "character" players and vets are supposed to pull the team out of a slump like this.

Old
01-14-2011, 01:06 AM
Orenji

Also Brown needs to either be on the 1st line or be with Stoll/Poni/Simmonds/someone.

You can't put him with a 19-year-old rookie that is a Bottom 6 guy and our slowest player and expect him to do anything. He was on pace for 70 points.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:08 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

So how about those Zodiac signs? lol

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:10 AM
backhander

wait....more line changes.....that's just what we need

i'd say Murray sux....let's get a real coach

where's fatman Hitchcock....he's better than Murray......only if we could of fired Murray at the first sight Tippet was available...damn!

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:12 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Lombardi is the best thing to happen to this franchise since it's inception. People calling for his head has no clue at all.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
LOL, this thread just got so much better because of this . . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:19 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Looked like the worst team in the league tonight. Pretty cool for a team that needed to play with some desperation.

Wait...Terry doesn't like the word "desperation". He prefers "play the system" and "compete level".

Team needs a shakeup, and a positive one at that. I'm not talking about putting a 4th line player on the 2nd line like Terry tried tonight.

Worst game of the year. Played like garbage against a garbage team that is missing a bunch of key players and played the night before.

They've quit. No gumption. They are hoping for some sort of leadership and all they are getting is "Play the system" from Terry and "We've got to be better" from Duthin.

This team needs balls. Right now, they are a bunch of castratos. Nice singing voices, ****** hockey results.

BigKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:22 AM
damacles1156

Have to admit I thought the Kings would have pulled out of this by now. I am starting to lose faith in this Core. They are just not playing well at all.
Last year they had much more fight and heart. They made teams earn wins, and they never tried to find ways to lose games.

I am starting to think the Kings are trying to get TM fired, at least the core is vets are too professional for that kind of nonsense.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:23 AM
butthead666

Blues showed some balls last night by getting into a bunch of fights while they were getting smashed by the Quacks 7 - 2. They actually scored a couple of late goals and came ready to play tonight.

Old
01-14-2011, 01:31 AM
backhander

Somebody here has to know where TM lives

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:39 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Make Doughty a healthy scratch lol, I think that would shake up the room a little bit

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:52 AM
fsanford

[QUOTE=AKAY47;30202244]Make Doughty a healthy scratch lol, I think that would shake up the room a little bit[/QUOTE

Can't disagree with this.. the reaction would be interesting..

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:04 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Ugh. I'm on the "something needs to change" bandwagon now, leaning toward the "fire TM" side.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Just got back from the game. Not a TM hater by any means BUT:

-Benching Richardson who is one of the only players to pay hard and uses.
-Westgarth in the lineup at all, even worse, on the ice down two goals with 8 minutes left.
-"Accountability" system in place for some players but not all.
-Same tired old quotes about doing things the right way; every loss sounds exactly the same, how about a little ******* emotion every now and then.
-Coming up with inexplicable line combinations that clearly will not create offense, then being surprised when they don't work. As was pointed out during Kings talk, the Kings had actually been scoring during this slide, defense was the problem. Solution? Pull names out of a ******* hat, resulting in lines with little familiarity going into crucial games.
-The same ****** system, stifling any potential creativity, added to a lack of desperation equals the results we are now seeing.

It's time. Sorry Terry. I like you but it's time.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:44 AM
Face Wash

So glad I'm not a season ticket holder. At least with TiVo I'm not subjected to underperforming, uncaring, overpaid, slow, lazy players any longer than I have to and I don't have to pay any money for the "honor".

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:47 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Make Doughty a healthy scratch lol, I think that would shake up the room a little bit
Better yet, send him to Ontario for a couple games... maybe he'll start CARING! This guy is in a CONTRACT YEAR?!?!? SERIOUSLY???

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:50 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings looked well rested, in fact, they were still resting during the game.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:57 AM
rsaturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
TM is sad :[ Me too
Murray is killing me with his vacant stare every time the camera focuses on him after a goal. I used to think he was just a cool customer, but now I think the is lacking a pulse. After this many ass kickings, you would think he would be a little bit more demonstrative behind the bench instead of sitting there looking like he has been sucking on a lemon.

Between the lack of emotion, the countless bench minors, the line changes, and the players coasting out there, I have just about had it with this guy. Is there anyone else who would put Dwight King on a line with Kopitar for five games? Is there anyone else who would leave Stoll on the point for the power play for as long as he has?

WAKE UP MURRAY!

rsaturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:01 AM
ShattStar03

Just came back from the game and I must say, that was the most horrible experience I've had at Staples in a long time.

The Kings played the most uninspired hockey I have ever seen them play in years. I'm not going to give an analysis of the game but something looked horribly wrong with the team. I'm not sure if a trade or firing TM is going to work but something looks broken within the spirit of the team. I don't know if it's the atmosphere or what not.

And to add insult to injury, the place where I parked my car in the parking structure of 8th and Figueroa (the ProAmerica structure), claimed that I parked in a "reserved" spot. Ironically, I've parked my car there at the same spot on several occasions in the past and never had a single problem. On top of them being ashats, they claimed they towed my car in order to move it to another parking spot (which was complete BS) and I had to pay additional $60 to leave the structure with my car which sucked major ass considering that I just lost my job and I received the tickets as a early birthday gift.

Ughh.. in the end, I'm pissed, I'm $60 poorer, upset that I saw a pathetic performance, and totally unmotivated to follow the Kings at all this season..

*sigh* Better days ahead, better days ahead.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:03 AM
fsanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaturday View Post
Murray is killing me with his vacant stare every time the camera focuses on him after a goal. I used to think he was just a cool customer, but now I think the is lacking a pulse. After this many ass kickings, you would think he would be a little bit more demonstrative behind the bench instead of sitting there looking like he has been sucking on a lemon.

Between the lack of emotion, the countless bench minors, the line changes, and the players coasting out there, I have just about had it with this guy. Is there anyone else who would put Dwight King on a line with Kopitar for five games? Is there anyone else who would leave Stoll on the point for the power play for as long as he has?

WAKE UP MURRAY!
Those line changes, its like watching a documentary on the movement of sloths getting on and off the bench, brutal.

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:07 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

It's bad enough that I turned the game off to see the Exorcist Part II: The Hilaritic...or was watching a horror movie sort of redundant after seeing the first two periods???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote