HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sim leaving NYI to play in Switzerland

Old
01-16-2011, 02:46 PM
mitchy22

vCash: 500
Best of luck to Sim. Unfortunately, his best asset of being a pest had become limited by the refs always believing he was acting the part.

Sim always gave the effort. I liked that he'd go to the front of the net; I'd hate that they'd call him on marginal interference calls.

Sim is the least of our problems. We signed him as a depth forward and actually relied on him too much. I wish him well overseas; a little open ice and more time to make decisions will still make him a scorer there.

Not sure why anyone would bother to bash him. I can see why some would be thankful that he's gone. Personally, I'm kind of indifferent. I think we should be more concerned about what we've placed in front of him. I think we should be more concerned that our expectations of Sim were anything more than a pretty decent 4th liner whose time/effectiveness finally ran out.

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 04:51 AM
Montandon

Send a message via MSN to Montandon
by the way:

Jon Sim played yesterday his first game with Fribourg Gottéron against SC Bern. Sim played in the third line with Mark Mowers and Robin Leblanc and scored the 2:1. But he was also on the ice, when Bern scored the 1:1 and 2:2. So he had a -1. However, Fribourg lost the game 3:2.

After the game he said to media, that he was pretty surprised by the fast game played in Switzerland and the loud fans in the arena.

for those who wanna see the highlights of the game:
http://www.videoportal.sf.tv/video?i...5-654cb62528f5

Sim #14

Montandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:27 AM
pens83*

I was baffled when Garth the backup snow resigned this guy last off season. Sim was one of, if not the worst players in the league. Maybe he can move in with fellow ex nhler and ex teammate Richard park. I guess if you can't secure a roster spot on the isles, you ere banished.

pens83* is offline   Reply With Quote