HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When will Cody Eakin be part of this team?

Old
01-15-2011, 05:03 AM
sunnydaycrash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
I don't think he will ever be on the Caps. I have a feeling he will be a piece used in TDL deal. Not because he isn't good, but because I think he is a piece that might be valued high by another team that could get us a win now player.
I hope you`re wrong, cos although I`m a supporter of Swedish and Russian hockey players even finding myself cheering for Russia in the World Juniors, the last thing the Caps need to do is trade away players like Eakin.
In fact the idea of Ovy, Semin and Kuz on the same time is downright scary for all the wrong reasons.
This team needs balance.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 01:29 PM
yay

Disclaimer - all I really know about Eakin is from reading, and watching him in a few WJC games.

I see Eakin as another Brooks Laich, with slightly more skill and less sandpaper. Good 3rd line guy, can fill in on 2nd when needed. Bring effort and character (although not to Laich's level), 20g 20-30 assist type guy paired with skilled linemates. Obviously less with grinders.

Probable 3rd line center if his faceoff skills are good. He has the defensive acumen for this system already.

Future down the middle: Backstrom, MaJo/Kuz (I think he's a winger in the NHL), Eakin, some random guy/Steckel/Gordo. MP85 no longer with the organization.

I do know he needs to fill out more to succeed in the NHL, but I imagine he should be able to do that over the next year or 2 without any trouble.

yay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 01:48 PM
txpd

Cody Eakin=Jeff Halpern

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote