HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shane O B

Old
10-21-2010, 11:26 PM
jammyrft

vCash: 500
Shane O B

how is SOB playing for you guys and where does he fit in? is he better or worse than expected?

jammyrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 11:52 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyrft View Post
how is SOB playing for you guys and where does he fit in? is he better or worse than expected?
I'm very happy... thank you.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:01 AM
lightning_legwand*

Very solid defenseman. Not 1st line quality obviously, but very solid and mean. Love it!

Also, we are only team in NHL with no regulation losses!! WOO!!!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:29 AM
kivaerijo

pleasantly surprised after everyone saying he takes dumb penalties/blah/blah. but will say, he had a tough time getting puck out tonight at end of game. not all his fault though.

saw him cheering on SK after SK played a puck out of zone on his knees. think he will be a good fit here. good team player. hes solid

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:51 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:34 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

much better than anyone expected. Very pleased.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:42 AM
PredsChik

As my bff put it last night, he's an "includer" and I now love him for it. Apparently after Horny scored, Wilson was standing away from the following group hug and SOB yelled at him to come over and be apart of the celebration. It seems he's bought in to our "together" philosophy and has become a team guy which you have to be in Nashville to make it work for you and the team.

With that said, I still don't want to have to see the guy skate top 2 minutes.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:16 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 7932
Trotz trusts him in a lot of different situations, he appears to be a good team guy, and seems like he enjoys being here. He hasn't cost us yet and doesn't take bad penalties, hasnt been burned, etc.

In other words, he is exactly the opposite of what he was advertised to be.

the season is young, but Ive enjoyed having him in Nashville so far.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:22 AM
66Falconboy

I agree with everyone here. SOB has been a welcome suprise. He always seems to be coming to the aid of his teammates and plays a really physical game, but not to the point of being a liability and taking penalties.

66Falconboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:49 AM
predfan24

Has surpassed my expectations for sure. A little scary with the puck sometimes but it hasn't hurt us yet.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:13 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

SOB only has one major penalty and that's it. Hell, Klein is the leader in PIMs with 9

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Filip Forceberg
Heavily Moderated

I've been very pleased so far. I was sitting on the glass last night and could see genuine happiness and excitement in his eyes when he was talking to Sullivan after a whistle. It's very cool to see him taking advantage of the opportunity to have a fresh start.

Oh and in 6 games he hasn't taken a minor penalty. He has one fighting major, but has yet to commit a penalty that has resulted in a man advantage for the opposition. WHAT A HEADCASE.

Filip Forceberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:33 PM
RaiderDoug

What everybody else said.

So far, very happy. He kind of reminds me of a smarter version of Danny Markov.WEll, maybe not.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Predsfan80

Overall I like SOB. He seems to fit in really well. He stands up for his team mates. He was all around our net trying to ward off the Pens last night and protect Pekka. Regardless of his turn overs last night, I'm really glad to have him on our team. He seems happy here.

Predsfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:57 PM
lightning_legwand*

I knew from the second we got him he would be a great fit here! I know him personally and I know what his attitude is like these days.

I called the deal a few days before it happened!

I am sooo glad that he proved everyone wrong and is showing what he can really do!

Way to go Shane!! Keep up the great work bro!

Old
10-22-2010, 04:11 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

i think he has been a solid addition. nothing spectacular, solid positionally, not afraid to use the body. logs pk time. puck is a grenande on his stick sometimes. about what yuo would expect for a 5-6 defenseman

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Obrien telling Dupuis he was going to snap his neck with a big smile on his face was pretty amazing.

He looked like a movie villain or something, haha.

I was just having a similar conversation about Deryk Engelland on the Pens board. It's always nice to have a guy back there that makes other teams think twice about going anywhere near the crease.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:12 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i think he has been a solid addition. nothing spectacular, solid positionally, not afraid to use the body. logs pk time. puck is a grenande on his stick sometimes. about what yuo would expect for a 5-6 defenseman
I think that SOB will prove himself to be a top 4 defenseman by the end of the season. Quote me on that!

Old
10-22-2010, 06:55 PM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Obrien telling Dupuis he was going to snap his neck with a big smile on his face was pretty amazing.
So like just became love. That's amazing.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:25 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
I think that SOB will prove himself to be a top 4 defenseman by the end of the season. Quote me on that!
you lost all credibility with your asinine rant on sob getting 1st line minutes when suter got hurt and tried to cover yourself. this will be the only time i quote you

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

It's weird having someone clear bodies in front of the net when they starting chopping at our goalie. He really likes to stick up for his teammates.

Hopefully, he keeps up this attitude all year long. As long as he doesn't start thinking he "deserves" minutes, I think he'll continue to have a great year.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:39 AM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
you lost all credibility with your asinine rant on sob getting 1st line minutes when suter got hurt and tried to cover yourself. this will be the only time i quote you
hahahaha!! jokes!

Well my question is,

is Suter is injured, who plays on first line for defense with Weber?

I vote O'Brien!

Definitely not Bouillon, Franson or Klein! lol

SOB is solid, and is our best defenseman outside of Shea and Suts.

You guys dont know him like I do. and I know that his attitude is fresh and he is trying to be the best team player he can be on Nashville and fit into the system and play to his fullest potential without the BS.

He is for real. He is the Predators 3rd best d-man right now.
please dont quote me token grinder, dont go against your morals!

Old
10-23-2010, 08:29 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Klein is actually Nashville's third best defenseman right now, so he would get top line minutes over SOB. Bouillon gets them because he's more experienced, and it balances the pairings more than if you moved Klein, or even SOB, to the top with Weber. SOB has been solid, but he has NOT been our third best defenseman. He isn't taking stupid penalties yet. He isn't running his mouth. He doesn't seem to be doing anything negative in the locker room. As was said earlier, he is basically doing the exact opposite of what Vancouver fans said he would do.

LL, I know you know the guy personally. You say as much in every single post regarding the guy. That's fine. But with you living in Ontario, and him playing in BC how often do you actually get to talk to the guy? I guess the off season is possible since he is from Port Hope. My point here is you can't judge how well a hockey player is going to fit on to a team because you happen to know the guy much like you can't make that same judgment after six games. He's been good. Let's calm down a bit. There are 76 more games.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 12:08 PM
MarkMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Klein is actually Nashville's third best defenseman right now, so he would get top line minutes over SOB. Bouillon gets them because he's more experienced, and it balances the pairings more than if you moved Klein, or even SOB, to the top with Weber. SOB has been solid, but he has NOT been our third best defenseman. He isn't taking stupid penalties yet. He isn't running his mouth. He doesn't seem to be doing anything negative in the locker room. As was said earlier, he is basically doing the exact opposite of what Vancouver fans said he would do.

LL, I know you know the guy personally. You say as much in every single post regarding the guy. That's fine. But with you living in Ontario, and him playing in BC how often do you actually get to talk to the guy? I guess the off season is possible since he is from Port Hope. My point here is you can't judge how well a hockey player is going to fit on to a team because you happen to know the guy much like you can't make that same judgment after six games. He's been good. Let's calm down a bit. There are 76 more games.
The voice of reason.

I'm really glad SOB is working out well with you guys, for all his antics here, his potential was clear, and his teammates loved him, that was the seat of frustration. You just knew the guy could be so much more than he was letting on, and if he can keep this up, the Predator's management and coache's reputation of being able to mould defensemen like no other team gets another notch in the belt.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 12:15 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
As my bff put it last night, he's an "includer" and I now love him for it. Apparently after Horny scored, Wilson was standing away from the following group hug and SOB yelled at him to come over and be apart of the celebration.
That's strange, because on the replay it looks as if Wilson is heading right over there immediately, with everyone else.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote