Notices

Nieuw-input

Old
01-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

vCash: 500
Nieuw-input

Dallas seems to be on it's way to making a complete 180 in regard to where they were a year ago. New identity, new look, new skill sets in key positions (G) and maybe the biggest factor is the 2 of 3 former core players were not extended contracts and the other chose to pack it in. Whole new identity and it seems to be positive.

What does Joe do, if anything before the deadline?

Move Niskanen for an older depth D, or they consider moving a forward... personally I can't see them doing a lot.

The Future I'd say looks alright assuming Richards can get a deal signed for a good price. Lets say 6.3 hit over 4 or 5 years.

Now what about 2011-12? Lotsa RFAs and UFAs to lock up.

If Neal continues to be hot and cold, I can't see him getting a huge raise over his 11-12 3.5M salary? Maybe 4-4.25.
Burish, Barch, Peterson will not get much of a raise and maybe not even an extension, although the way Burish is going, he could be a longer term Star.
Benn, Wandell, Fistric and Grossman, should get extended with likely raises. Raises will obviously vary. I say 4, 1.75, 2, and 1.5 just based on a continued solid performance might be fair on the re-ups in the order I listed the players.
Niskanen?? Is Larsen a better fit into the equation both in skill and value.
Back-up...should be covered on the cheap.
And the fruitcake who used to wear #16 comes off the books.

Prediction of Payroll and Core Going Into 2012-13

Richards 6.3
Ribeiro 5.0
Eriksson 4.27
Morrow 4.1
Benn 4
Neal 4
Ott 2.95
Langenbrunner 1.7
Burish 1.5
Wandell 1.3
Sutherby 1.0
Vincour 0.75
Gadzic/Tousignant 0.5
Unnamed Prospect 0.5

Possible #1 Guy???
Daley 3.5
Robidas 3.25
Grossman 2.0
Fistric 1.75
Larsen 0.8
Depth D 1.75
Depth D 1.5

Kari 3.55
Kid Backup .75

Total 55.72

With the cap a little over 60M by that time, do they have room to sign a number one D with Kari and Philip, Ribs, and Brendan to possibly be extend beyond the following season? Or is this the squad.

Maybe getting a little ahead of myself, just feels refreshing to talk hockey and future when your team is killing.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
I'm really liking this topic, so I'll put in my two cents.

The big thing I think everybody is seeing obviously going forward is the glaring need for a number one D. Joe won't bring in just anybody to fill this spot I don't think, it'll be a huge big ticket gritty guy or nobody. So with that I'll open up the first trade post I guess..

Hearing tons of stuff about Seabrook so maybe he'd be available if we moved a guy like Wandell who isn't really getting the kind of line mates he needs here to succeed. Maybe him and a good pick or Glennie can haul in a really solid CHARACTER defenseman.

We could easily fill the void that Wandell leaves with a guy like Greg Rallo from Texas, he's gritty and works his ass off, also has an incredibly accurate shot. He's a perfect 4th liner for this team.

As far as depth D go, I really think we'll see Ludwig going to camp this year and probably Fortunas again. Could very well be the guys we need to have up here.

Just my thoughts, figured it would be fun to see what everybody else thinks.

Cin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:04 PM
txomisc

the goaltending situation will be very interesting that year. I believe Lethonen will be heading into UFA? if he keeps playing the way he is he's going to want a significant raise. Do we commit long term with a big cap hit to a 30 year old goalie?

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:05 PM
starsfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
the goaltending situation will be very interesting that year. I believe Lethonen will be heading into UFA? if he keeps playing the way he is he's going to want a significant raise. Do we commit long term with a big cap hit to a 30 year old goalie?
No he signed a 3 or 4 yr extension last off-season

starsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:06 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple A Day Kari View Post

With the cap a little over 60M by that time, do they have room to sign a number one D with Kari and Philip, Ribs, and Brendan to possibly be extend beyond the following season? Or is this the squad.
Given that scenario I think we could afford a good dman but definitely not number one caliber. I really think we are going to have to luck into one of those via the draft or another teams failed project.

Old
01-16-2011, 07:08 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan4ever View Post
No he signed a 3 or 4 yr extension last off-season
im pretty sure it was 3
10/11 year 1
11/12 year 2
12/13 year 3
13/14 UFA

Old
01-16-2011, 07:59 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post

Hearing tons of stuff about Seabrook so maybe he'd be available if we moved a guy like Wandell who isn't really getting the kind of line mates he needs here to succeed. Maybe him and a good pick or Glennie can haul in a really solid CHARACTER defenseman.
It's interesting hearing the Seabrook scouting rumors on Spector's. I don't know if Wandell and Glennie are appropriate returns- in Chicago's view- for a no.1/no.2 d-man like Seabrook. Then again, who knows. Throw in a 2nd rounder (if we don't lose that pick to NJ) and they might be coerced into dealing him. Then again, I doubt if Chicago would like to add on salary, considering they are gearing up for a second straight summer of headaches. They have UFA's- Kopecky and Hendry (not including Turco or Pisani in this list. They may be let go of.), RFA's- Brouwer, Crawford, Skille, Stalberg, Dowell, and then during the season, they'll have to deal with extending Sharp- $5 million for 5 years...minimum.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote