HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Expectations and Disappointments

Old
01-14-2011, 06:20 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Expectations and Disappointments

When you look at the team some players have been disappointments, some have lived up to expectations and some have been pleasant surprises. The pace of scoring is one way to measure expectations, especially among forwards.

Pleks is a good example of a guy who is living up to or even exceeding expectations. He is ahead of his career average in goals, assists and points and at this pace would finish with about 10 points more than his career average

Kostitsyn would be considered a disappointment but is it because he is scoring at a lower pace than previous years or is it because our expectations for him are high. At this point in the season, he is projecting to be about 4 points behind his career average by year end.

Gionta is on pace to finish about 10 points behind his career average, Gomez is on pace to finish about 20 points behind his career average and Cammalleri is on pace to finish about 8 points behind his career average.

There are other surprises and disappointments on the team, but this group represents our top five scoring forwards and the bulk of our salary commitments among forwards. As a result they are under the microscope more than some of the lesser lights on the team.

As a group, we have to be collectively disappointed in the results achieved to date... Pleks being the exception

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 07:54 PM
fergiesbeak

Better than expected : Pouliot,Auld,Subban,Patches,Picard,Eller
Gomez was bad last year so not really disappointed by his play this year.I kinda expected it to be as bad if not worse.A little disappointed with cammy i guess esspecially after last years playoffs.Also a little disaapointed white didn't make the team.We need a guy who can mix it up a bit.The rest pretty much as expected and i will give Price two thumbs up for his play but always thought he was good.

fergiesbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 07:55 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergiesbeak View Post
Gomez was bad last year so not really disappointed by his play this year.I kinda expected it to be as bad if not worse.A little disappointed with cammy i guess esspecially after last years playoffs.Also a little disaapointed white didn't make the team.We need a guy who can mix it up a bit.The rest pretty much as expected and i will give Price two thumbs up for his play but always thought he was good.
I like your list. I think i'd also add Hamrlik to it. He's done his job and then some.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:11 PM
fergiesbeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I like your list. I think i'd also add Hamrlik to it. He's done his job and then some.
The hammer has been better than expected.i kinda wrote him off abit after last year he seemed to be slowing down alot.He has been very solid and much needed especially with others out of the line-up due to injuries.

Old
01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
habsjunkie2*

Expectations=Price/Hammer
Disappointment=Cammy/Gomez Our 14million should buy us more than 45pts between them. Honorable mention to JM.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:34 PM
LeBlondeDemon10
BlindLemon Haystacks

AK would likely be ahead of his career average had he stayed on Pleks line. He needs a play making center man. That's the type of player he is. It seems like such a waste to keep him on the third line and no pp. Mgmt should play him or trade him.

LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:50 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergiesbeak View Post
You must have had some very low expectations for Eller.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:11 PM
fergiesbeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
You must have had some very low expectations for Eller.
He's had some learning problems in the big show but i think he is getting better and has to keep competing hard.If he finds another gear and keeps playing hard he'll be just fine.Just a kid but i think he has a bright future.